The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
12 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:
There is a ticket booth is right next to the away turnstiles but only if you have cash.

I've hardly used cash since the start of the pandemic, dumfries really is the town time forgot.

Tbf that's an improvement, I remember the ticket booth not being next to the turnstiles and having to walk around that Ice rink/leisure center to get there. There was some tunnel between the leisure center and the ground which blocked the ticket booth from away fans.

Edited by Trogdor

Guest Flash
12 hours ago, rb123! said:

QOS anticipate 500

Tbf, they said “In excess of 500”.
I’m not sure what the capacity of the away section in that stand is these days. It used to be about 900 but it was reduced for the Covid restrictions as that’s where the players come out. I think it is still restricted a bit plus the bigger tv gantry takes up some space, so it might be around 800.
They generally only opened the terracing when they knew in advance that there will be more than 900 away fans. I’m pretty sure they need to order bogs in for it. 
I’m not sure what will happen if Ayr bring more than 800 or so. They might transfer people to the terracing or they might extend the away section in the stand. They did that with St.Johnstone in a Cup game once.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Tbf, they said “In excess of 500”.
I’m not sure what the capacity of the away section in that stand is these days. It used to be about 900 but it was reduced for the Covid restrictions as that’s where the players come out. I think it is still restricted a bit plus the bigger tv gantry takes up some space, so it might be around 800.
They generally only opened the terracing when they knew in advance that there will be more than 900 away fans. I’m pretty sure they need to order bogs in for it. 
I’m not sure what will happen if Ayr bring more than 800 or so. They might transfer people to the terracing or they might extend the away section in the stand. They did that with St.Johnstone in a Cup game once.

I highly doubt we'll take anymore than about 700 tbh

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

How has McAdams been for you guys?

Decent enough for this level.  Good shot stopper, lacks confidence at crosses and doesn't command his area that well.  7/10 I'd give him this season.  2 stinkers he let in at the weekend right enough.

Main reason we lost on Saturday but that was definitely his worst game for us. He’s a good shot stopper but nothing else. Doesn’t command his area at all and is terrible at goal kicks. Half the time the ball doesn’t make it over the half way line.

I don’t mind him and he has had games where he kept us in it but I’d also be fine with us signing a more well rounded goalie in the summer. Still pining for the return of Ross Doohan but I can’t see it.

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Are you in for him?

It'll cost you.

Nah, always rated him, but I was looking in the Morton thread and they were saying they preferred Jack Hamilton to him which surprised me.

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Main reason we lost on Saturday but that was definitely his worst game for us. He’s a good shot stopper but nothing else. Doesn’t command his area at all and is terrible at goal kicks. Half the time the ball doesn’t make it over the half way line.

I don’t mind him and he has had games where he kept us in it but I’d also be fine with us signing a more well rounded goalie in the summer. Still pining for the return of Ross Doohan but I can’t see it.

Nah my barber cuts doohans hair when he is up. His dream is to go to the US at the end of his celtic contract 

Nah, always rated him, but I was looking in the Morton thread and they were saying they preferred Jack Hamilton to him which surprised me.

I thought Hamilton had good potential when he was at Hearts but massively lost his way at Dundee. He’s probably benefitting from being out of the limelight a bit at Morton and has turned into a decent keeper.

McAdams might yet come good but he’s a bit of a drop in quality from Doohan and Sinisalo.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ok, has his moments when he is beaten by shots he should save. Ones v Killie, ICT, Saturday all spring to mind. Seems to be baffled by shots from outside/just in the box. Logan Chalmers effort and a QOS one being the obvious ones at Somerset 

He’s okay but overrated by many because he went through a patch a couple of months ago where he pulled off some ridiculous saves from point blank range. His command of his area is poor and tame shots from outside of the box go in too easily.

I can’t say I noticed much drop-off whenever Albinson has stepped in.

Personally I like him and would be happy to see him stay next season if we are still in the league. He's steady at this level and still young enough to have scope to improve. We've been pretty spoiled over the last few years with Doohan and Sinisalo. He'd probably get a gig at any club in this league, wouldn't say he's ready for a step up though. As others mentioned he's not the finished article and needs to work on a couple of aspects, which will hopefully come with time.  

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

He’s okay but overrated by many because he went through a patch a couple of months ago where he pulled off some ridiculous saves from point blank range. His command of his area is poor and tame shots from outside of the box go in too easily.

I can’t say I noticed much drop-off whenever Albinson has stepped in.

I'm not sure what it is about Albinson, I just don't feel confident when he's in nets. I can't even fault him as like Aiden he's steady for this level, it is just something about his demeanor.