The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

They made changes to suit how the game was going, we made two changes but only due to injuries and kept with our 442 when it was obvious we needed an extra body in midfield to match up for the final part of the game.  

They brought on the wide player and he started running at the defence. They brought on Todarov and he did the same, we started to lump the ball aimlessly forward again, McKenzie didn't retain the ball the same way O'Conner did. 

Its basics like that that have cost us all season, get the ball, can I run with it? No. Can I pass it forward to a team mate ? No Can I pass it sideways to a team mate? No, Can I pass it to a team mate behind me? Yes. 

Pass the ball then try to find space. 

What McKenzie did was, Can I run with it ? No, f**k it. Lose possession. Can I pass it forward? Lets give it a go...No, Can I pass it sideways or back? No because I have already played the ball off of a Dunfermline players shin trying one of the other two and lost the ball.  

McKenzie isn't the only culprit, McInroy is bad for it as well. 

Saturday was the first time I have seen us retaining possession and having movement off the ball and it worked well. We just canned it as soon as we were put under pressure. 

Bus tickets bought , buzzing for this . I know we made an arse of it on Saturday but we get a shot at redemption this weekend . This is a big big game for the club , for all the wrong reasons , but let’s get down there and give the club the backing they need . Forget all the armchair critic and football expert pantomime , just get down there ....

22 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Tickets for the bus down to Dumfries bought. Does anyone know when Camerons bar opens for saturday?

Not sure but didn’t it open at 10.30am for the Pars trip .

7 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Not being able to buy tickets in advance online will cause problems too I expect...

Hadn’t realised that - I’m going to be rushing from work to make it on time so that is pretty shite! Can’t even pay at the gate, ticket office first. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Hadn’t realised that - I’m going to be rushing from work to make it on time so that is pretty shite! Can’t even pay at the gate, ticket office first. 

There is a ticket booth is right next to the away turnstiles but only if you have cash.

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

There is a ticket booth is right next to the away turnstiles but only if you have cash.

Charmingly retro. Nice to visit these olde worlde venues from time to time.

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Shades of when we took a great crowd up to Alloa thinking we were about to basically win the league.

Could conceivably witness two teams shitting the bed with what is at stake. Just need to be the least worst.