The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Thistle going through a bad patch but If they are serious about top 4, they really need a win. I’m not as confident as you mind you

I'm certainly not confident - just less pessimistic than usual.   

This is from the Official FB page post of Tomi winning POTY and PPOTY, first of all everyone is entitled to an opinion but this is getting ridiculous now, whither he should have scored more goals or not he's been far and away our been our best player this season, I didn't want to belive that folk are saying these things for other reasons other that his football abilities but I have my doubts now.c7a3edaab6919bc1d1f4a5766b9e5a0e.jpg

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

This is from the Official FB page post of Tomi winning POTY and PPOTY, first of all everyone is entitled to an opinion but this is getting ridiculous now, whither he should have scored more goals or not he's been far and away our been our best player this season, I didn't want to belive that folk are saying these things for other reasons other that his football abilities but I have my doubts now.c7a3edaab6919bc1d1f4a5766b9e5a0e.jpg

The mutant who did the twitter post which he was referring to has deleted it i see

We really do have some morons in our support base

*i remember Shankland got pelters from some fans after missing that one-on-one away to Dundee United in one of the last few weeks of the season where he lost control of the ball to allow the goalie to come out and intercept

Edited by rb123!

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Incredibly thick people really do think that strikers should score every single chance that they get...

Conpare the posts about Tomi, with the Maxwell ones - who has been inconsistent at best this season and you have your answer IMO. I think I’m at the point where the morons have to be challenged, as futile as it may be. 

ETA, the same clown is claiming that Ashford is a better striker than Tomi and hasn’t been given a chance. Given there isn’t anything performance wise to back that up...

Edited by No_Problemo

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Conpare the posts about Tomi, with the Maxwell ones - who has been inconsistent at best this season and you have your answer IMO. I think I’m at the point where the morons have to be challenged, as futile as it may be. 

I think we are talking about some very young and/or silly fans here, that give Tomi no respect . He won those awards last night because the vast majority of fans players and travel club members thought he was the best player at the club . It’s really as simple as that . It’s been said many times already but really is the best forward we’ve had since LS .

Finding a goal scoring partner for him should be our priority . Hopefully he stays and we can see what he can do in an improved and upgraded team . 

3 minutes ago, North British said:

I think we are talking about some very young and/or silly fans here, that give Tomi no respect . He won those awards last night because the vast majority of fans players and travel club members thought he was the best player at the club . It’s really as simple as that . It’s been said many times already but really is the best forward we’ve had since LS .

Finding a goal scoring partner for him should be our priority . Hopefully he stays and we can see what he can do in an improved and upgraded team . 

It’s mainly the older brain dead ones that have the issue from what I’ve seen!

Completely agree though. 

It’s mainly the older brain dead ones that have the issue from what I’ve seen!
Completely agree though. 
The voices having a go at him on the North Terrace I have heard have been from our older generation, prime example was the ICT game when he slipped at the corner flag trying to beat his man he had flipped the game on its head when he came on and he was still getting dogs abuse for trying to make something happen.

I think we all know the primary reason behind the slagging of Adeloye from some people and it’s certainly not his footballing ability.

Although I think for the casual fan it’s easier to blame the striker rather than the guy who runs a lot and claps the fans at full time.

13 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t understand the hullabaloo around Adeloye. Is he our best striker- yes, is he the player of the year- yip. Is he the greatest player to play for Ayr- No. what’s  the issue here?

You'd need to ask the people who answer No to all 3 questions.