The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

How was the first half then?
Whoever did the half-time summary of the game on the radio sounded like he wasn’t actually there and had just been reading the live text commentary.
Surprised by how bad Dunfermline were actually, and no better yet in the second half. Should be more than one up, Tomi and Daire been the standouts

Wasn’t Bullen that missed umpteen chances to kill the game off. He put out a side that we’ve been crying out for and they haven’t done enough in front of goal. That’s the crux of it. Bullen can take the flak for the last few weeks and getting his set up wrong but not this afternoon.

Wasn’t Bullen that missed umpteen chances to kill the game off. He put out a side that we’ve been crying out for and they haven’t done enough in front of goal. That’s the crux of it. Bullen can take the flak for the last few weeks and getting his set up wrong but not this afternoon.

Two goals conceded in seven minutes. Again. He might want to get that sorted.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think it’s on Bullen either, but you could definitely question some of his decisions in the last twenty minutes. Generally though, we were well set up and looked dangerous. The game lost by at least one moment of poor goalkeeping, and then we just imploded after the second goal. Obviously the game should have been out of sight though. 

I also think it’s blatantly obvious how huge a mistake he has been making in recent weeks by not playing O’Connor. 

Two goals conceded in seven minutes. Again. He might want to get that sorted.

You concede a soft free kick which is then scored. How does a manager account for that?

Losing that today is on the two strikers for being shite when presented with great chances and then f**k knows what happened with the defence and goalie for the winner. If I was Bullen I’d be utterly seething with that today. Whole team in compete control until the free kick went in.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ayr shat the bed! Whoever finishes second bottom WILL  go down.

Bullen is not the saviour most thought he was. Hes had nearly 5 months now and outwith great results away to Killie, Raith and ICT hes not done much more. 

On the positive front Dunfermline have a tough game next week v Partick and we have QOTS. Yes it's our bogey ground but morale will be low with them being relegated (not sure if they mathematically are, but they're down) 

You concede a soft free kick which is then scored. How does a manager account for that?

Losing that today is on the two strikers for being shite when presented with great chances and then f**k knows what happened with the defence and goalie for the winner. If I was Bullen I’d be utterly seething with that today. Whole team in compete control until the free kick went in.
It's the inevitable second goals in quick succession which are the issue.