Jump to content

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Playing devils advocate but is Tomi fit for 90?

He's 26.

Anyway, another point clawed back. The question is whether or not Ayr can actually force a win against the guid honest laddies of Temperance Athletic next week after conceding the now-pretty-much-ritualised early goal or two. Suppose everyone should be hoping that Bullen's team selection dice come up high this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Thumper said:

He's 26.

Anyway, another point clawed back. The question is whether or not Ayr can actually force a win against the guid honest laddies of Temperance Athletic next week after conceding the now-pretty-much-ritualised early goal or two. Suppose everyone should be hoping that Bullen's team selection dice come up high this time.

Thanks for that utterly irrelevant point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Playing devils advocate but is Tomi fit for 90? Assume Bullen is bringing him on to face a relatively tired defence. If he starts we’re maybe not a goal or two down at HT but risk capitulation when he’s taken off after an hour or whatever. Maybe a little harsh on Kenyon given he’ll have come in unfit, expect he’ll still start ahead of Smith.

My assumption is that he's maybe carrying a knock and they don't want it to develop into anything sinister. Don't have anything official but, it would make sense as Bullen said he was touch and go a couple of weeks ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

My assumption is that he's maybe carrying a knock and they don't want it to develop into anything sinister. Don't have anything official but, it would make sense as Bullen said he was touch and go a couple of weeks ago.

This is just about it. Tomi's been doing little or no training between matches. There's no way he can last 90 minutes and is playing through pain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's 26.
Anyway, another point clawed back. The question is whether or not Ayr can actually force a win against the guid honest laddies of Temperance Athletic next week after conceding the now-pretty-much-ritualised early goal or two. Suppose everyone should be hoping that Bullen's team selection dice come up high this time.

What’s his age got to do with anything? If he’s got a knock then it makes perfect sense that they don’t want to aggravate it.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Three games to go at this point, Saturday is absolutely huge - Tomi has played 45 minutes in his last two matches and has another week to rest up. No one is telling me he didn’t look fit yesterday! Absolutely has to start next weekend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprised at the tone of Bullen in his interview, you'd think it was all on the players yesterday for that first half. With what he said about Tomi, Daire and Ashford out on the left he's at least aware of what works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the post match interview Bully said Tomi is there now in terms of the bruised foot . But did seem to have a concern about his over all fitness . Looked fine to me . Must play next week . Hopefully Murdy is back . Does anyone know if Dempsey has any chance of making it ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Surprised at the tone of Bullen in his interview, you'd think it was all on the players yesterday for that first half. With what he said about Tomi, Daire and Ashford out on the left he's at least aware of what works.

Yeah, the players were definitely culpable as well but he started them. 

Watching the highlights and you noticed O’Connor being double and trebled up on at times, creating so much space for the other guys. McKenzie doesn’t even need anyone marking him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, North British said:

In the post match interview Bully said Tomi is there now in terms of the bruised foot . But did seem to have a concern about his over all fitness . Looked fine to me . Must play next week . Hopefully Murdy is back . Does anyone know if Dempsey has any chance of making it ?

That’ll be the next excuse not to start him then, he hasn’t trained so isn’t match fit. We’ll then get the story about his attitude from the usual suspects. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TBF he could have came out with the usual soundbites about passion, not giving up, great bunch of lads etc 100% he's culpable for that first half performance and initial team set up but he must be as frustrated as us about having to come back from losing soft goals in the first 10 minutes of games, at least he had the gumption to change it eary a few months ago he would have waited 70 minutes before bringing Tomi and Dare on as as much as he deserves criticism for the set up he deserves a bit of praise for changing it at half time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I've suffered a head knock but I thought Bullen's interview was spot on and Calum's questions were actually reasonable.

We can't keep giving teams a 1 or 2 goal lead. Our lack of positivity in the system and tactics was on Bullen first half no doubt. However, the schoolboy defending is down to the absolute charlatans we have at the back. 

I wasn't happy yesterday. I didn't clap the players off, it was a missed opportunity. In the moment, coming back from 2 goals down at half time has to be a positive but we could have won that game had we setup with the right personnel and the defence not shat themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First time i've really seen Bully pissed off in an interview, he's not wrong though with what he's saying, what yesterday sums us up to a tee. Seems to be an issue at home especially...

Anyway next week, big open pitch at EEP should suit us and we do tend to play better on our travels as we know. 

Last game as big as this for a relegation 6 pointer i think has to be away to St Mirren when we were part time in this league, hopefully it's a lot better!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I think I've suffered a head knock but I thought Bullen's interview was spot on and Calum's questions were actually reasonable.

We can't keep giving teams a 1 or 2 goal lead. Our lack of positivity in the system and tactics was on Bullen first half no doubt. However, the schoolboy defending is down to the absolute charlatans we have at the back. 

I wasn't happy yesterday. I didn't clap the players off, it was a missed opportunity. In the moment, coming back from 2 goals down at half time has to be a positive but we could have won that game had we setup with the right personnel and the defence not shat themselves.

The clowncar defending is also down to the pressure they are put under from ICT though, as I thought the midfield was practically non existent in the first half yesterday, and that's down to Bullen too. Not the first time we've had that discussion about the defence being under it due to the midfield.

Absolutely vital we get off on the front foot next week and just attack them from the start. I think it's gonna be a really physical and fast paced battle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Three games to go at this point, Saturday is absolutely huge - Tomi has played 45 minutes in his last two matches and has another week to rest up. No one is telling me he didn’t look fit yesterday! Absolutely has to start next weekend. 

I'm telling you he wasn't fit yesterday, however it might appear to you. I leave you to figure out how I can state that as a fact. If he was fully fit, I would agree he has to start.

It's up for discussion how you get the best 45 to 60 min max out of him, and more importantly the team, by starting or bringing him on later? I am probably in the latter camp, but I can understand those who want to go for it and hopefully have a lead to defend once Tomi has to go off. I'm just not confident we are capable of defending a lead either. What we need to fix is starting so slowly and conceding so lamely, then subbing to grab a winner rather than rescue the game would surely be the better plan?

It's not an easy fix with what we have fit and at our disposal in this unbalanced squad, if it was it would have been fixed.    

Edited by Yid_in_Exiile
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we need to choke the midfield again, We went 2 up top against Kilmarnock and they ran over the top of us, Dempsey came on and that allowed Murdoch to close down McKenzie. 

Dunfermline play a similar way, we need the extra man in midfield next week. 

We could play Ashford, Adeloye and O'Conner and drop Maxwell and McKenzie though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

I'm telling you he wasn't fit yesterday, however it might appear to you. I leave you to figure out how I can state that as a fact. If he was fully fit, I would agree he has to start.

It's up for discussion how you get the best 45 to 60 min max out of him, and more importantly the team, by starting or bringing him on later? I am probably in the latter camp, but I can understand those who want to go for it and hopefully have a lead to defend once Tomi has to go off. I'm just not confident we are capable of defending a lead either. What we need to fix is starting so slowly and conceding so lamely, then subbing to grab a winner rather than rescue the game would surely be the better plan?

It's not an easy fix with what we have fit and at our disposal in this unbalanced squad, if it was it would have been fixed.    

#intheknow

We don’t remotely resemble a football team without Adeloye, he is integral to how we play. We need to get him on the park for as long as possible. The ball just doesn’t stick up front without him, and we don’t get up the park. 

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think we need to choke the midfield again, We went 2 up top against Kilmarnock and they ran over the top of us, Dempsey came on and that allowed Murdoch to close down McKenzie. 

Dunfermline play a similar way, we need the extra man in midfield next week. 

We could play Ashford, Adeloye and O'Conner and drop Maxwell and McKenzie though. 

Agreed - although Maxwell may need to be the third in central midfield. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At half time I thought we had completely gone, lost it in the first half no desire and poor commitment to win the battles and looked sea side bound. Again they came out the traps at half time and not could, should have won that. The boy in the middle of the park  Kenyan my god how out of shape is he and cannot run about he has absolutely nothing for the team, McKenzie and Houston being played every week when we have able cover in the bench, if all three are playing next week we will get nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...