The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

His performance in that 2nd half was absolutely brilliant it's says a lot when there is a thread on here about players you would take from other teams and 90% of the posters say they would take Tomi, we need make sure if he stays in Scotland next season it's with us.

Some auld boy up behind me after Tomi had the one where he tried to cross from left but slipped and it ran out shouted "that sums that C**T up".    As in, the big problem with Tomi is that when he gets the ball on the left and beats a man but slips when crossing the ball in and it runs for a goal kick.  Happens all the time eh.  

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Surely he's got to drop both Maxwell, McKenzie and if possible Houston a point next week is a minimum and we won't get it with those 3 starting, that was the best O'connor has been since dislocating his shoulder we need to start with him and Ashford out wide and Tomi and Bryden up top and what a moment for Bryden from standing on the SRE to scoring in front of it.

Totally agree 

At points in the first half I didn't even know where McKenzie was on the park and I was stood on the NT near the fence. It completely hindered any opportunity Houston did have to get forward with the ball as there was no one to play to. Both of them have dreadful positional sense and seem to have regressed. Playing them together is a disaster.

Agree with alot of the sentiments on here. I think Tomi is maybe starting to get it a bit more in terms of the physicality up here, massive kudos for him absolutely emptying the Inveress player up near the corner flag. Just needs to learn to stop venting at the ref. 

Fjortoft looked like he sparked in to life a little with the goal, would absolutely give him a crack next week at RB. he'll atleast attempt to put in challenges. Was embarrassed for Houston after Chalmers played round him and he just appealed to Collum rather than trying to get the ball back.

Utterly woeful 1st half. 1st goal was the obligatory early cheap shitey goal. 2nd goal for Inverness seemed a mirror image of Hamilton's and QOS goals recently, player comes in from wide and has the time needed to get a shot off. Mckenzie, Maxwell and Houston had particularly poor games.

2nd half performance was vast improvement. Tomi and O'connor coming on added some desperately needed attacking edge and presence up front. Delighted for Bryden getting his 1st goal, excellent turn and finish in the box. Fjortoft did well to connect with McInroys corner for the 2nd.

Personally felt that we could have had at least one penalty from the claims we had.

3 games (hopefully not 7) and we can put this bon fire of season to bed, if we stay up it will be mission accomplished for Bullen and Mathie and as much as I'm looking forward to seeing what they and Glendinning can do on the transfer front close season one of the priorities must be a proper back room staff to support Bullen, Davie White and Co have helped out, Timmins is Hopkins man and Stillie is a Tory c**t but its time for Bullen to get a proper backroom team behind him and hopefully an experienced man as no2 who's not afraid to stand up and say "look McKenzie/Houston/Maxwell etc are playing dug shite you need to change it"

Utterly woeful 1st half. 1st goal was the obligatory early cheap shitey goal. 2nd goal for Inverness seemed a mirror image of Hamilton's and QOS goals recently, player comes in from wide and has the time needed to get a shot off. Mckenzie, Maxwell and Houston had particularly poor games.
2nd half performance was vast improvement. Tomi and O'connor coming on added some desperately needed attacking edge and presence up front. Delighted for Bryden getting his 1st goal, excellent turn and finish in the box. Fjortoft did well to connect with McInroys corner for the 2nd.
Personally felt that we could have had at least one penalty from the claims we had.

Watching matt mattmans vlog on YouTube the hand ball and the push on tomi looked stonewallers to me.

Wouldn't start any of the young ones next week. Need to get a grip of that game from the start and I expect it to be quite physical.

They can target Tomi all they want I'm not sure it will make much of a difference, even today players were bouncing off him as he held it up or pushed forward. Really will need that from the start next week.

Just now, Superhursy7 said:
5 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Watching matt mattmans vlog on YouTube the hand ball and the push on tomi looked stonewallers to me.

Felt a bit sorry for Maxwell as he looked like a fish out of water playing at the top of the diamond.  Kenyon doesn’t look like a serious option so if Murdoch isn’t fit next week I wonder if Maxwell could drop deeper and more central with McInroy.  Smith did well too, but might be asking too much to throw him in from the start.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Wouldn't start any of the young ones next week. Need to get a grip of that game from the start and I expect it to be quite physical.

They can target Tomi all they want I'm not sure it will make much of a difference, even today players were bouncing off him as he held it up or pushed forward. Really will need that from the start next week.

Based on today I'd rather have Smith putting the likes of Chalmers under pressure than have Kenyon sitting a mile off him letting him play.  

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Would happily start Fraser over Ashford next week and put Maxwell as LM.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Kenyon, Gondoh, Blaise Riley have all been wastes of a jersey. Ashford not much better. The only bright signing of the journeymen from down south has been Adeloye 

What? Ashford was one of our best in the second half today... He offered more out wide than Maxwell or McKenzie have for much of the season. 

Like Bryden, Ashford isn’t a lone striker and has looked excellent either our wide or supporting Tomi. 

Kenyon, Gondoh, Blaise Riley have all been wastes of a jersey. Ashford not much better. The only bright signing of the journeymen from down south has been Adeloye 
Think that's harsh on Ashford, he isn't going to be a 20 goal a season striker but he works his socks of and creates space for the likes of Tomi, Dempsey has also been very good until injury but I wouldn't class him as a one of the journeyman from down south

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

He a football manager regen?