The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

41 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
16 hours ago, rb123! said:
It would be the most Ayr United thing ever to beat Inverness on Saturday and then get pumped by Dunfermline next Saturday....

I'd probably take that right now. We'd still have a two point advantage with two games to go.

I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Dunfermline got something from Kilmarnock...

So here we are three weeks to go in the regular season . After tomorrow’s games the picture will be pretty clear . The Pars and us will have the same three fixtures to play .  Tomorrow I would expect Kilmarnock to just get the job done , the question is how will we do ? A win for us would be massive , it may just allow us to draw our way to safety . So many ifs or buts , but it’s one exciting way for the season to end . Tomorrow’s game might be the one to be less cautious with and really go for it with Tomi and Sam up top and maybe even O’Conner out wide on one side . I don’t think there is any point sitting in against a team like Inverness . 

Massive game tomorrow Bullen has got to go for it tomorrow wither its a traditional 442 with Adeloye and Ashford up front or 433 with Ashford our wide, praying our noisy neighbours up the road can do us a solid and put Dunfermline to the sword tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Massive game tomorrow Bullen has got to go for it tomorrow wither its a traditional 442 with Adeloye and Ashford up front or 433 with Ashford our wide, praying our noisy neighbours up the road can do us a solid and put Dunfermline to the sword tomorrow.

Dont think I've ever wanted Killie to hammer any team before, first time for everthing so hoping they win tomorrow - however also hoping thats their last win of the season and they lose the last 3 :D

29 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Praying for a Killie and a Ian McCall win in the same weekend really is a grim state of affairs. 

I think the surface down in Dumfies should suite McCall’s style and I fancy Thistle to win if they have anything like a full squad to pick from . 

My perfect storm would be us going down there in a fortnight and relegating the dweebs ourselves . 

Bricking it ahead of this Saturday. A win would be an excellent step towards safety but with our recent form a scrappy draw is the more likely way we get something from the game. Relying on other teams to get or not get results is not good on the nerves.

The teams who currently occupy the League 1 playoff spots give me a dose of the fear, absolutely no confidence in our current squad that they could safely get through the playoff games, especially if it were Queens Park or Airdrie.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Fck cheering killie on for a win tomorrow which would probably all but secure them the league. I'd rather we win tomorrow and take care of business up at East End Park, palmerston and v Thistle. I'll never hope for a Killie win, even if it is to our benefit 

That is the right attitude, do by yourselves for your selves because that is certainly what Ayrshire's finest will do. Best of luck, hope you are successful come 5.00 tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Fck cheering killie on for a win tomorrow which would probably all but secure them the league. I'd rather we win tomorrow and take care of business up at East End Park, palmerston and v Thistle. I'll never hope for a Killie win, even if it is to our benefit 

Given we won’t take care of business in our next three games, that is pretty mental tbh.

4 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

That is the right attitude, do by yourselves for your selves because that is certainly what Ayrshire's finest will do. Best of luck, hope you are successful come 5.00 tomorrow.

Appreciate that. Nice to read you're not all bitter 😂

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Given we won’t take care of business in our next three games, that is pretty mental tbh.

Inverness we beat comfortably away, we drew with them last time at Somerset. We shouldnt fear that match. Palmerston is an unlucky ground for us but queens will be long relegated by then and we are overdue a win. Partick will probably have cemented a play off place and will have nothing to play for. Only game I'm actually nervous about is East End Park

Four wins thereisalight, four?

That's insane!