Jump to content

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread


Recommended Posts

Fucks sake, I initially read that post as being touch and go for this weekend - we won’t be seeing Dempsey again this season then. Play Kenyon and have a far more attacking front three for me now then! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gutted if Dempsey is out for the season his energy transformed the team, if he's not going to be back I'd be tempted to bring in Kenyon and move Murdy to the right as a defensive wide man allowing Houston to get up the pitch and not have to worry about defending quite as much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Gutted if Dempsey is out for the season his energy transformed the team, if he's not going to be back I'd be tempted to bring in Kenyon and move Murdy to the right as a defensive wide man allowing Houston to get up the pitch and not have to worry about defending quite as much.

Houston is absolutely pish going forward so I don’t really see the point in this.... we would still continue to have a right hand side incapable of attacking! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Houston is absolutely pish going forward so I don’t really see the point in this.... we would still continue to have a right hand side incapable of attacking! 
Problem is we don't really have an alternative Rowe out for the season Hewitt still working his way back to full fitness, yes you could play Paddy at RB and Maxwell at LB but I really can't see Bullen doing that he's hasn't really trusted Daire or Gondoh since he's came in and knowing we need to grind out a few results can't see him doing that now.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Problem is we don't really have an alternative Rowe out for the season Hewitt still working his way back to full fitness, yes you could play Paddy at RB and Maxwell at LB but I really can't see Bullen doing that he's hasn't really trusted Daire or Gondoh since he's came in and knowing we need to grind out a few results can't see him doing that now.

I’d put Muirhead or Fjortoft there for the rest of the season and I don’t say it lightly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Problem is we don't really have an alternative Rowe out for the season Hewitt still working his way back to full fitness, yes you could play Paddy at RB and Maxwell at LB but I really can't see Bullen doing that he's hasn't really trusted Daire or Gondoh since he's came in and knowing we need to grind out a few results can't see him doing that now.

I don’t mean playing Houston in general (though we should be looking at alternative options), I just mean moving Murdoch out of position to allow someone who is terrible offensively to go forward more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice to see the young guys get signed up. Hewitt looked impressive before his injury. Would much rather we gave the likes of Ecrepont, Hewitt and Smith a run out rather than journey man players from the English lower leagues who've hardly set the league alight (Tomi excluded)

Edited by Thereisalight..
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best of luck to Hewitt, but slightly puzzled by the 3 year deal.  If nothing else, he’s recovering from an extremely serious injury - a ruptured hamstring has finished plenty of players most obviously Michael Owen and Ousmane Dembele.  Don’t recall him playing at right back, but maybe that was his preferred position at youth level.  On the occasions I did see him, he showed a lot of honest endeavour in a Hopkin team that we immediately knew was utter dugmeat, but I don’t remember him being as impressive as some comments have suggested.  Probably another example of a player getting better the longer they’re injured, but hopefully there is something there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Pars fucking things up for us so far..

At least its just one goal. So Rovers can come back. Reading the match thread Pars should be 2 up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the lineups it's worrying and actually bizarre we are ahead of a side with the likes of Lawless, Polwarth, O Hara and especially Dom Thomas in attack, when we are relying on McKenzie Maxwell and Bryden to create and score haha. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Looking at the lineups it's worrying and actually bizarre we are ahead of a side with the likes of Lawless, Polwarth, O Hara and especially Dom Thomas in attack, when we are relying on McKenzie Maxwell and Bryden to create and score haha. 

We won’t be for much longer if Bullen continues with that though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

At least its just one goal. So Rovers can come back. Reading the match thread Pars should be 2 up.

I think Raith will get at least a point from this game, plus Dunfermline play Killie at Rugby Park on Saturday so theyll get nowt from that. Still confident we'll be comfortably away from 9th place 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I think Raith will get at least a point from this game, plus Dunfermline play Killie at Rugby Park on Saturday so theyll get nowt from that. Still confident we'll be comfortably away from 9th place 

Good call.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I think Raith will get at least a point from this game, plus Dunfermline play Killie at Rugby Park on Saturday so theyll get nowt from that. Still confident we'll be comfortably away from 9th place 

I'd be astonished if we are still 8th by the time we go away to QoS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...