The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Yeah, if Bullen continues along the theme of not wanting full backs flying forward then we are as well just having two solid unspectacular types. 
He is going to build a really fucking boring team isn’t he?
Im clinging on to the slight hope that this is just to tide things over until next season. 

I’m concerned about what he wants to do next season. We’re not going to be winning the league either way but there’s a fine margin between going for the play offs at the top and trying to stay out the playoffs at the bottom.

We will be no better than 8th if we do what we’ve been doing and packing the midfield and having one up front. That’s a fact.

Our one saving grace is that this is essentially Mathies guy. He would’ve spoken a lot about what happens after we stay up. I’ve no doubt that the immediate task was staying up by any means and if we finish 8th we will have achieved that. However I’d hope there has been some sort of discussion about playing style and tactics. After the last two seasons I’d love us just to be able to put a team out that’s genuinely entertaining to watch. I don’t care if we finish 5th or 6th. I don’t care if we get beat 4-0 at some points. If we have a team that is nice to watch and you get the feeling that we’re perhaps going somewhere then I’ll be happy. Looking at this team right now I’m not sure what our starting point is. McInroy and Dempsey are by no means guaranteed to be staying. If we get them tied down that it’s a good starting point. However we basically need a whole new defence and f**k knows what kind of wide players are going to be good enough for Bullen. There’s been definite bright sparks so far but there’s also a lot of questions to be answered.

Bullen: “I don’t think our wide players gave us enough in the first half, not enough quality in that final third. We were a little bit toothless there, something that has been there the last couple of weeks.” 
And yet you continue to give chances to the same people, while the alternatives sit on the bench the entire game [emoji2962]
No surprise to hear Callum wanking over Bryden, without even a mention of Tomi. 

See tbh, if Bullen is wanting someone to do the job McKenzie does then he’d be better off playing Bryden there. He had no one but McInroy helping him today because McKenzie is entirely incapable of taking up positions where it can create space for the striker. Absolutely no surprise that we actually looked dangerous going forward when Moffat came on.

I’ve always felt we should try with Moffat In that midfield starting I know he doesn’t have the legs for it but if you got guys like McInroy, Murdoch and Ashford who can do the running for him I feel he can still provide something as he’s clearly still one of our better players 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m concerned about what he wants to do next season. We’re not going to be winning the league either way but there’s a fine margin between going for the play offs at the top and trying to stay out the playoffs at the bottom.

We will be no better than 8th if we do what we’ve been doing and packing the midfield and having one up front. That’s a fact.

Our one saving grace is that this is essentially Mathies guy. He would’ve spoken a lot about what happens after we stay up. I’ve no doubt that the immediate task was staying up by any means and if we finish 8th we will have achieved that. However I’d hope there has been some sort of discussion about playing style and tactics. After the last two seasons I’d love us just to be able to put a team out that’s genuinely entertaining to watch. I don’t care if we finish 5th or 6th. I don’t care if we get beat 4-0 at some points. If we have a team that is nice to watch and you get the feeling that we’re perhaps going somewhere then I’ll be happy. Looking at this team right now I’m not sure what our starting point is. McInroy and Dempsey are by no means guaranteed to be staying. If we get them tied down that it’s a good starting point. However we basically need a whole new defence and f**k knows what kind of wide players are going to be good enough for Bullen. There’s been definite bright sparks so far but there’s also a lot of questions to be answered.

Agreed - I’m wanting overlapping full backs and direct wide players (while still accepting that maybe at times we will be a little more defensive on one side, but it won’t be an issue with an attacking full back in behind) 

If we can keep our current first choice midfield three then it is a very good start. I would love to keep Tomi too and build our style of play around him as the focal point, but sadly I can’t see it. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

See tbh, if Bullen is wanting someone to do the job McKenzie does then he’d be better off playing Bryden there. He had no one but McInroy helping him today because McKenzie is entirely incapable of taking up positions where it can create space for the striker. Absolutely no surprise that we actually looked dangerous going forward when Moffat came on.

I only watched the stream, so couldn’t tell you a great deal about Bryden’s positioning etc, but neither he or McKenzie look anything close to being ready for this level at the moment. In fairness to Bryden, I did say before the game that he was set up to fail with those in support of him. Still maintain Ashford can play the McKenzie role, but with some forward going ability too. 

If we have no Dempsey on Friday night, I would be quite happy with a front two with Moffat in behind Adeloye. Just anything but Tomi isolated and Maxwell and McKenzie in support - we have seen exactly how that will go numerous times. 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Genuinely though, where are you finding better from? And what will they be better at...

In an ideal situation where we're pushing for top 4 next season. 

If you look at Tomi, he's the best player to come off the bench as an impact sub, that's where we plays the best football.

5 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

In an ideal situation where we're pushing for top 4 next season. 

If you look at Tomi, he's the best player to come off the bench as an impact sub, that's where we plays the best football.

In that case, I assume you want rid of the entire starting 11 as well? Tomi & Moffat were the only positives today and both came off the bench. At this level, strikers with 10+ league goals are hard to come by. There are only 4 players with 10+ goals in the league so far:

365994369_Screenshot_20220326-220311_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.f6507a36454252665228db58e0d5b375.jpg

I suspect Arbroath, Partick and Killie won't be looking to offload McKenna, Graham & Shaw respectively. We should be building a team around Tomi not aiming for better imo.

Edited by Trogdor

Looking like the QOS game isn't going to be of any great significance for either team, shame it wasn't a couple of weeks earlier for them..
200.gif
Just need to get to that stage with the Dunfermline game now.

If we can beat Hamilton (arguably the worst team we’ve played this season) and Raith do us a favour against Dunfermline then I think we’re safe tbh. 8 points with four games to go would be a big ask for them.

Glendinning was hired to do scouting and opposition set up.
Either his reports are tossed in the bin every week or he’s been watching the same DVD for the last 10 weeks and not noticed. 

I don’t think he has anything to do with opposition set up. It’s what he did at Hibs but he’s officially our Head of Player Recruitment so I don’t think he has any involvement outside of that.

It was a good point in the end although we could have taken all three. We started well but fell out of the game after a good opening 20 mins. I felt we dominated the 2nd half.

The central defenders played well. McInroy, Murdoch and Maxwell were our best. Bryden worked his socks off. Hopefully Tomi and Dempsey are fit for Friday. A win on Friday will really boost our chances of staying up.

51 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

In that case, I assume you want rid of the entire starting 11 as well? Tomi & Moffat were the only positives today and both came off the bench. At this level, strikers with 10+ league goals are hard to come by. There are only 4 players with 10+ goals in the league so far:

365994369_Screenshot_20220326-220311_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.f6507a36454252665228db58e0d5b375.jpg

I suspect Arbroath, Partick and Killie won't be looking to offload McKenna, Graham & Shaw respectively. We should be building a team around Tomi not aiming for better imo.

Here mate, I'm not saying getting rid of tomi, I would take the man for next season. Just saying we should strive for better next year.

He is the ideal plan b for holding the ball and scoring whenever needed. I would like a better footballer for next year up front. 

Here mate, I'm not saying getting rid of tomi, I would take the man for next season. Just saying we should strive for better next year.
He is the ideal plan b for holding the ball and scoring whenever needed. I would like a better footballer for next year up front. 
I think your expectations are a wee bit unrealistic.

We've got a clear goalscorer, and they're not easy to find at this level.

If he's got an attitude problem then I'd fully support the management punting him. But he's not a player we can keep on the bench .

34 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Here mate, I'm not saying getting rid of tomi, I would take the man for next season. 

That's alright then. I'll fight anyone suggesting we get rid of Tomi. I love the guy.

Edited by Trogdor

16 hours ago, rb123! said:

What's happened to Rowe btw?

Not been seen for weeks??

Last i heard he's tweaked his hamstring in a reserve game but that was about a month ago

He’s still injured and going home due to it I heard 

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I think your expectations are a wee bit unrealistic.

We've got a clear goalscorer, and they're not easy to find at this level.

If he's got an attitude problem then I'd fully support the management punting him. But he's not a player we can keep on the bench .

He does not have an attitude issue with team or club , I think it’s personal issues he has 

Still don’t see any of this attitude issue stuff with him, if he did he would have chucked it after Bullen disgracefully played Bryden in front of him. I’m still fucked off with AU media for starting it - they absolutely hate to praise him. It is founded on absolutely f**k all. 

Is anyone else terrified that Bullen starts Bryden over Tomi on Friday night? In the latest instalment of playing someone who works like f**k, without contributing a great deal. 

Tomi has played several times injured this season. The guy clearly wants to play and looks like he’d run through brick walls for us at times. Anyone that thinks he has an attitude problem must have some sort of agenda behind it and should really be questioning themselves