The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

We should give adeloye what he wants if we stay up .

I don’t think you’ll ever see a man with a one in two goal record be more under appreciated, by fans and Bullen alike. Not like he doesn’t contribute outwith goals either. 

No way Tomi is here next season. Between having better offers, homesickness, being a nomad footballer, and prob just not wanting to be here. Surprised if any of the English lads are next season, Gondoh I expect will quietly be released.

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think you’ll ever see a man with a one in two goal record be more under appreciated, by fans and Bullen alike. Not like he doesn’t contribute outwith goals either. 

Aye, I heard a couple of our fans moaning that he didn't jump for a high ball today. He shut them right up when he scored though. 🤣

9 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

In an ideal situation, Tomi Adeloye is the best plan B in the league. 

I think next season we should strive for better but coming on as a substitute, you won't find much better.

Genuinely though, where are you finding better from? And what will they be better at...

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Speaking of next season, I am more convinced than ever that we need a whole new defence. They are rancid, we are far too easy to score against.

As much as I enjoyed those fun few weeks of BIG SEAN, aye.  

We have Houston and McGinty definitely staying, they're probably not bad backup options tbf but not starters in an average team which seems to be our lofty aim next year. 

Only Ayr United could find themselves in a position where both the manager and a large proportion of the fan base don't rate the one player whose goals are responsible for keeping our heads above water (for now anyway). 

He's not a perfect player but we are a better side when he plays, especially when we actually try to play to his strengths. There's been points where it has seemed like he is absent for a couple games at a time but in hindsight I think that was because of our inability to create anything or support Tomi.

In a team with more attacking intent and creative style I think he could easily be 20 goal a season striker. 

Edited by AuAl

I’d genuinely rather we just went back to a very rigid 4-4-2 for the remaining games and tried to make it as awkward as possible for the other team.

Sit Murdoch on the right of midfield like we previously did with Geggan and have Daire or Gondoh on the left. McInroy and Kenyon in midfield.

With Ashford also up front then you’re really only giving Daire and Adeloye freedom to do what they like and the rest of the midfield and Ashford making up for it by running around like f**k.

I really wouldn’t be arsed about Maxwell staying beyond the rest of this season and the same goes for the defenders we’ve not already got signed up. Reading is probably better in a good team but I’m not confident he’ll hang about anyway.

I was tweeting thoughts as the game went on today. McKenzie and Houston actually unbalance our side. Teams watching us should be targeting them unfortunately. Biggest weak point. Give us nothing going forward and Mckenzie exposes Houston going back. Was bloody shouting on Houston joining the attack but he seemed reluctant to leave the back line 

I also said that Bullen is really dependant on this 451 formation. Throwing Bryden in today was a huge risk. He obviously doesn't rate Gondoh or O'connor, publicly stating Moff is moving into coaching and will be a bit part player (although he did contribute today), and still going to him first raises red flags, both won't be at the club next season. 

Tomi's goals have given us a chance at staying up this season. Won't listen to a bad word said against him 

Edited by diege

What does Bullen see in McKenzie that I just cannot see? Genuine he feels and plays like a slightly upgraded Salkeld
Think Bullen is still caught up from his under 23 Sheffield Wednesday days and needs to move on and realise he isn't still coaching kids. Obviously it's a good thing he gives the younger ones a chance, we've all wanted that past few seasons, but the amount and frequency with which he plays them since he came in is a bit much, especially considering our precarious position

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d genuinely rather we just went back to a very rigid 4-4-2 for the remaining games and tried to make it as awkward as possible for the other team.

Sit Murdoch on the right of midfield like we previously did with Geggan and have Daire or Gondoh on the left. McInroy and Kenyon in midfield.

With Ashford also up front then you’re really only giving Daire and Adeloye freedom to do what they like and the rest of the midfield and Ashford making up for it by running around like f**k.

I really wouldn’t be arsed about Maxwell staying beyond the rest of this season and the same goes for the defenders we’ve not already got signed up. Reading is probably better in a good team but I’m not confident he’ll hang about anyway.

If Dempsey is fit I would rather play the same formation, but with Ashford out on the right and Tomi up front. 

Without Dempsey I agree 4-4-2 is the way forward, as there is no way Bullen is dropping either McKenzie or Maxwell. 

I’ll be surprised if Gondoh or O’Connor get anything more than a few minutes before the end of the season. 

Maxwell did well today, but he doesn’t offer enough consistently in midfield - if Reading goes he could be an option at full back but I don’t imagine he is Bullen’s style of full back (one that likes to fucking attack) Or just Bullen’s kind of player in general. 

Also, Tomi for POTY...

Edited by No_Problemo

If Dempsey is fit I would rather play the same formation, but with Ashford out on the right and Tomi up front. 
Without Dempsey I agree 4-4-2 is the way forward, as there is no way Bullen is dropping either McKenzie or Maxwell. 
I’ll be surprised if Gondoh or O’Connor get anything more than a few minutes before the end of the season. 
Maxwell did well today, but he doesn’t offer enough consistently in midfield - if Reading goes he could be an option at full back but I don’t imagine he is Bullen’s style of full back (one that likes to fucking attack) Or just Bullen’s kind of player in general. 

Also, Tomi for POTY...

There’s zero point in keeping Maxwell and Reading. I don’t think either of them are good enough defensively but there’s no doubt they’d both offer a lot going forward.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s zero point in keeping Maxwell and Reading. I don’t think either of them are good enough defensively but there’s no doubt they’d both offer a lot going forward.

Yeah, if Bullen continues along the theme of not wanting full backs flying forward then we are as well just having two solid unspectacular types. 

He is going to build a really fucking boring team isn’t he?

Im clinging on to the slight hope that this is just to tide things over until next season. 

Bullen: “I don’t think our wide players gave us enough in the first half, not enough quality in that final third. We were a little bit toothless there, something that has been there the last couple of weeks.” 

And yet you continue to give chances to the same people, while the alternatives sit on the bench the entire game 🤯

No surprise to hear Callum wanking over Bryden, without even a mention of Tomi.