The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Hard to see us finishing bottom now. Not sure QoS have three wins in five games in them. Ninth is still on until we win a game somehow.

Think the only team we could beat on current form is partick. The only thing I’d say is they have a lot of players out and are coming back. I think we will be ok as long as we don’t lose to those around us. 

We need to start not tomi and ashford together for the rest of the season. 

I’m now utterly convinced Bullen would have us playing on a 5 a-side pitch such is the narrowness of his setup and midfield. We looked like we could actually nick a win today but if Bullen doesn’t rate O’Connor and Gondoh then we need to find a way of playing that suits our narrow shape. Would rather we went full on Morton and just kept punting balls in behind a teams back line and make it incredibly uncomfortable for them rather than trying to act like a team that is capable of dominating a match and falling on our faces. Murdoch, Kenyon, Adeloye and Bryden (for pure effort) are the only ones getting pass marks today.

We were lucky today, Morton had 3 goals disallowed, 2 of them looked a case of the forward just being stronger that McAdam and holding him off. 

Going in to the game, most people  were thinking that the line-up today couldn't possibly happen, surely Bullen couldn't be that stubborn/stupid to go with the same again.

For 70 minutes it looked like it was going to be a repeat, we were toothless, Morton didn't really need to try to create chances and it looked like we'd lose at least 1-0.

Rather than a like for like, he took of McKenzie and brought on Moffat and changed the shape. We put Morton on the back foot but still didn't create much in the way of clean cut chances. Final balls were dreadful, Maxwell and McInroy are good players but that is one area they need to work on. Houston was poor going forward, having him and McKenzie means that we create nothing on the right hand side. 

Adeloye is a player like Kris Boyd, he'll score a load of goals but he won't be a constant threat with movement and running. He needs to play every week beside someone. 

Results went our way but we should have started trying to fight our own way out of this a while ago. 

We play Hamilton next Friday, we have done ok against them this year, Dunfermline and QOTS don't play so it would be good to get a win and put the pressure on. 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Things stay as is will be a very decent weekend for us

The dream of regular derbies being over in favour of maybe scraping eighth?

Relegation is still absolutely possible, as manifestly shown by Ayr relying on results elsewhere every week because they can't do it themselves.

Bullen’s treatment of any player that could be defined as a flair or creative player worries me hugely, particularly when you add it to his treatment of Adeloye for several weeks. O’Connor and Gondoh have barely had a chance under him, whereas McKenzie turns in stinkers most weeks and is completing most matches. At this point we know that Maxwell and McKenzie will start every game regardless of form, so there is now no point moaning about it. We also know that Bryden is going to be his go to impact sub, despite not having any kind of positive impact on a game yet. It terrifies me that he is going to bench Tomi when Ashford is back from suspension. 

I have absolutely no interest in watching a side that runs about a lot, but with no ability in the final third. I think it is now confirmed that Bullen has no ability to find a balance. 

Tomi the man again. We were pretty poor again. But considering Pars and Queens lost I'm happy enough with a point. Huge game against Hamilton on Friday. Would be good if we set up try actually try and win.

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Bullen’s treatment of any player that could be defined as a flair or creative player worries me hugely, particularly when you add it to his treatment of Adeloye for several weeks. O’Connor and Gondoh have barely had a chance under him, whereas McKenzie turns in stinkers most weeks and is completing most matches. At this point we know that Maxwell and McKenzie will start every game regardless of form, so there is now no point moaning about it. We also know that Bryden is going to be his go to impact sub, despite not having any kind of positive impact on a game yet. It terrifies me that he is going to bench Tomi when Ashford is back from suspension. 

I have absolutely no interest in watching a side that runs about a lot, but with no ability in the final third. I think it is now confirmed that Bullen has no ability to find a balance. 

I hope he never openly talks about running, it will simply become a yogi "guid hoanist laddies" situation. 

11 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Tomi the man again. We were pretty poor again. But considering Pars and Queens lost I'm happy enough with a point. Huge game against Hamilton on Friday. Would be good if we set up try actually try and win.

C’mon now!

We all know what the lineup will be, but at least if Dempsey is fit we will have a bit more about us. Saying that, I wouldn’t be overly surprised to see him starting Bryden again 😂

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I hope he never openly talks about running, it will simply become a yogi "guid hoanist laddies" situation. 

I hope Glendinning is able to work wonders and find us someone who meets Bullen’s running criteria while also being able to contribute going forward. Our right hand side is genuinely horrific. I’m pretty confident Bullen would have Alan Forrest sitting on the bench too. 

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We were lucky today, Morton had 3 goals disallowed, 2 of them looked a case of the forward just being stronger that McAdam and holding him off. 

Going in to the game, most people  were thinking that the line-up today couldn't possibly happen, surely Bullen couldn't be that stubborn/stupid to go with the same again.

For 70 minutes it looked like it was going to be a repeat, we were toothless, Morton didn't really need to try to create chances and it looked like we'd lose at least 1-0.

Rather than a like for like, he took of McKenzie and brought on Moffat and changed the shape. We put Morton on the back foot but still didn't create much in the way of clean cut chances. Final balls were dreadful, Maxwell and McInroy are good players but that is one area they need to work on. Houston was poor going forward, having him and McKenzie means that we create nothing on the right hand side. 

Adeloye is a player like Kris Boyd, he'll score a load of goals but he won't be a constant threat with movement and running. He needs to play every week beside someone. 

Results went our way but we should have started trying to fight our own way out of this a while ago. 

We play Hamilton next Friday, we have done ok against them this year, Dunfermline and QOTS don't play so it would be good to get a win and put the pressure on. 

Virtually my thoughts exactly.

We were utterly horrendous for about 70 minutes, we had no shape, no game plan and were just an utter abysmal. It should be added that Morton weren't much better, although we did get out of jail with the first disallowed goal I reckon.

My main take from the first 70 minutes was HOW BAD IS OUR CROSSING OF A BLOODY FOOTBALL !!!

Honestly, for professional footballers to be incapable of crossing a ball really is pathetic, so for me forget all this fitness stuff and just have the players attempting and practicing the basics such as passing and crossing a football, it really is that simple !!

All that said, Tomi and Moff totally changed the game when they came on and we had Morton completely on the back foot for the last 15 mins and it actually looked like there was only going to be one winner. I thought we had that winner when  Tomi unleashed a cracking 20 yard strike, only for Hamilton to pull off a fantastic save, however Tomi looked pure class when he came on and head and shoulders above everyone else on that park.

As we've said before, if we can replicate the "good" parts then we're on to a winner, however the"bad" parts are truly awful and if we don't get rid then league 1 beckons. 

Ultimately it turned out a good point but we're certainly not out the woods yet....

Tomi wasn't even fully fit and scored and hit an absolute peach that Hamilton saved. If fit, Tomi should be the first name on the team sheet. If we are only playing one striker it should be Adeloye.

Personally I'd prefer to see Adeloye and Ashford playing together for the rest of the season. We need to be more positive.

Coming into today having watched the Arbroath stream last week and with Morton's previous form I'd have glady taken a point this morning, so I'm satisfied with a point. Helpful that Dunfermline and QOS lost today as well.

I'm not sure how Bullen will line us up against Hamilton on Friday, Adeloye needs to start as he is our main goal threat at the moment and has been throughout the season. I dread to think where would be sitting in the league without his contribution.

Tomi could barely walk nevermind run, when he came on to the pitch at half time for the warm up he was hardly putting any weight on the foot and then actually in the game there was a moment he was standing off ball which his right foot off the ground.

Just hope we've not aggravated the injury by playing him today which doesn't effect the run in. Looks like he's probably gonna play the last month by hardly training during the week just to get through 60 odd minutes at matches. 

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Tomi could barely walk nevermind run, when he came on to the pitch at half time for the warm up he was hardly putting any weight on the foot and then actually in the game there was a moment he was standing off ball which his right foot off the ground.

Just hope we've not aggravated the injury by playing him today which doesn't effect the run in. Looks like he's probably gonna play the last month by hardly training during the week just to get through 60 odd minutes at matches. 

Bad attitude or something though, eh! 

More quality on one leg, than the majority of the rest of the side manage on two. 

31 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

C’mon now!

We all know what the lineup will be, but at least if Dempsey is fit we will have a bit more about us. Saying that, I wouldn’t be overly surprised to see him starting Bryden again 😂

Yeah really hope Dempsey is back in the middle. I'd like to see 3 in middle but I'm unsure which one of our 4 CM's doesn't start. 

Bullen's apparent dislike of creative and/or wide players is genuinely incredible at times.