The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Noticed Gondoh had retweeted something recently, can't recall the exact quote but was something along the lines of "how come the creative players are judged on how much they run but the running players aren't judged on how much they create".   So it may well just be that his numbers aren't good enough.  

He does seem a little out his depth in the very brief bits I've seen of him though, but probably harsh to judge having had so little game time.   

O'connor a strange one, he's has flashes of looking pretty good, with a couple of other anonymous ones which you expect from a winger.  3 managers not fancying him though maybe means something?

I put Gondoh in the headless chicken category, think just running stats will be very high but technically he has a lot to do 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I don’t rate Gondoh at all. He never seems to be able to control the ball and do anything with it. Almost looks like he’s trying too hard. O’Connor I like the look of but  we have barely seen anything of him that’s 3 management teams we have had that obviously don’t rate him. 

id like to see a front three of Ashford Adeloye and O’Connor for as many games as we can for the rest of the season. We have shown when we go at teams we can beat them, I’d like us just to have a go. March rather us taking it too teams and get relegated than do what we are doing and get relegated 

Duffy played O’Connor and he was very much coming on to a game prior to his injury. I’m not counting Hopkin as his opinion on anything is completely irrelevant! Gondoh looked good when he came on against Morton, was one of our better players against St Mirren and was then poor against Hamilton - he has barely been seen since. The favourites get chance after chance while Gondoh and O’Connor get five minutes every so often. I agree with your proposed front three though, I would even be happy if Bullen played two out of the three. 

Bullen might not rate O’Connor but we all know he is more likely to create space or a chance than McKenzie. That he didn’t come on at the weekend was another of Bullen’s wild shouts. Even as a ten behind Bryden if Bullen was adamant that he wanted a 3-5-2 with Bryden up front. 

27 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I put Gondoh in the headless chicken category, think just running stats will be very high but technically he has a lot to do 

McKenzie would be in this category too tbf, as would Maxwell (playing at LM) to a lesser extent. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

Only saw a few images on Twitter but Fjortoft, Bryden and Gondoh were all playing, could've been more.

Yes , none of them first team starters and only one of them getting any meaningful game time 

Seeing the teams faces as they mounted the podium to collect their runners up medals was upsetting, I left before the trophy presentation. 

5-0 drubbing in the bounce game, dead rubber, cup. The fact they weren’t wearing the full club kit should frankly be investigated. A sad day for the club 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Seeing the teams faces as they mounted the podium to collect their runners up medals was upsetting, I left before the trophy presentation. 

5-0 drubbing in the bounce game, dead rubber, cup. The fact they weren’t wearing the full club kit should frankly be investigated. A sad day for the club 

I saw McGinty laughing after the game.

Guy is a disgrace and should never play for the club again.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

They will certainly never mount a podium to receive a winner’s medal.

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Mark Kerr joins Edinburgh City as interim assistant manager to Alan Maybury. Would love to see the man make a decent career for himself as a coach or manager.

Reckon there is a very decent coach / analyst in there, just not sure he's cut out to be a manager.