The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Firmly In the hoping QOS and Dunfermline just continue to be a little more shit than us to avoid relegation camp.

The way Thistle are playing there’s every chance Dunfermline are only 3 behind us midweek.

29 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Doesn’t excuse the players right enough - after disgracing themselves last Friday, I was looking for a response today, so to produce such an insipid performance says a lot about them as a group.

Its been the same thing since the beginning of the season 😒

Poor defending and no attacking threat. Yes, the midfield looks better but has nothing to push forward to the attackers. Adeloye had looked frustrated for weeks at not receiving anything, putting Ashford there today and it's the same thing, no matter how tireless he tried. 

Can't for the life of me understand why Bryden is even contemplated being brought on. Yes, maybe in a game where we're 3-0 up and five minutes to go 😒

Gondoh over McKenzie for next week and Ffs Bullen! Play O'Connor!

I’m not convinced the lineup will matter, 

Morton work very hard and play with a lot of intensity under Imrie, we just need to keep the ball off them.

Our whole method of play this season has been to treat the ball like a ticking bomb and to give it away easily in the final third.

We just need to try and choke the game and hope we score from a corner or free kick….while not conceding from one which will be more likely that we play a free flowing, attacking formation. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It’s hilarious that we were all desperate for a sub in the second half, and when Bullen bothered to make a second one - we would have been better off just making no substitution at all. It was that bad! 

We were a goal down against Thistle and he brought on Rowe for Houston 

Same energy 

Edited by diegomarahenry

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

We were a goal down against Thistle and he brought on Rowe for Houston 

Same energy 

Nah, this one was on an entirely different level.....

Rowe at least provides you something going forward - if accompanied by other decent changes. If I remember correctly he laughably choose to put on Bryden before Adeloye in that game. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If I remember correctly he laughably choose to put on Bryden before Adeloye in that game. 

I know he's one of our own but I seriously don't understand the Bryden hype 🤔

Are Ayr not trying to win games?

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

I know he's one of our own but I seriously don't understand the Bryden hype 🤔

Are Ayr not trying to win games?

He just isn’t ready yet, and that’s fair enough. Moffat should still be appearing before him. 

Moffat brings players in to the game, he would be a waste of time up front on his own in the current squad, Bryden is more suited because he does a lot of running.

not keeping the ball, no patient build up and not trying to build attacks means that we have two similar forwards in Adeloye and Ashford and that is the only way we can play.
Both Have struggled in games to make an impact so replacing them with a 17 year old is always going to be a risk.

And we don’t look like we are going to change any time soon 

Is Bullen better than Hopkin? Yes, unquestionably.

is he better than Duffy? Yes, he’s shown a willingness to change shape for a start.

He was a youth coach 3 months ago, much like youth players he has performed under a lot less pressure and results come secondary to performance.

We have to hope he comes good over the next 6 months. Keeping us up, recruiting well in the summer and having a good pre-season, making us at least top 6 next year. 

if not, we’ll be on our fifth manager in about 18 months. 

A few things I can’t even begin to understand about Bullen:

- The infatuation with McKenzie, and the inability to even substitute him when not affecting the game. 
- Constantly wanting to shoehorn Bryden into games, to the detriment of the team.    - Not giving Gondoh or O’Connor any sort of opportunity - ten minutes occasionally isn’t that. Keeping both on the bench today was bizarre. 
- The full backs - is he telling them to barely overlap and offer a thing in an attacking sense? I’m assuming Rowe looks to do that too often to be considered for selection (prior to his injury)                                                                  - There being absolutely no middle ground, it is either incredibly defensive or a balls out 4-4-2 against Killie. He seems to struggle with how to balance a side. 
- His use of substitutions generally are some of the worst I’ve ever seen. Gondoh, O’Connor, Smith and Moffat were all options to come on both before and after the sending off today. His decision was just inexplicable. Someone needs to ask him what that was about.