The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

49 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I had never heard about that before. And according to Google, we lost that game 2-0. 

Tommy Steele made his debut for Ayr I think in that game, He was shit. The team was full of Stainrods junior players. The only other thing I remember about it is the county player interviewed after the game answered all the questions looking straight down the camera rather than the person asking them. 

49 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Brilliant initiative from the club to host a game for fans who can pay to take part. I’d take part myself but I’m not paying £100 to be blowing out my arse after ten minutes.

Hope it sells out though.

The last one had a rolling sub as well as legends playing along side fans so there was plenty of opportunity to have a rest. I know someone who played in the game and apparently Ryan Stevenson turned up uninvited, while he was an Ipswich player and decided he was playing. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

We were the same. For many years we had the best playing surface in the country until the club formerly known as Rangers stole our groundsman. Hope he lost his job when they died.

This is the kind of bitterness and hatred that makes Scottish football great.

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Tommy Steele made his debut for Ayr I think in that game, He was shit. The team was full of Stainrods junior players. The only other thing I remember about it is the county player interviewed after the game answered all the questions looking straight down the camera rather than the person asking them. 

Was it Joe Biden?

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I had never heard about that before. And according to Google, we lost that game 2-0. 

If I remember correctly, the legend who was Willie Furphy was playing for Ross County.

25 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If I remember correctly, the legend who was Willie Furphy was playing for Ross County.

Some good players in the Ayr team that day.  Cammy Duncan, John Traynor, Duncan George, Willie Jamieson, Paul Kinnard and John Sharples (who scored a stunning OG as I recall!).

17 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Some good players in the Ayr team that day.  Cammy Duncan, John Traynor, Duncan George, Willie Jamieson, Paul Kinnard and John Sharples (who scored a stunning OG as I recall!).

I hated Sharples but the rest are in my personal "hall of fame" with Duncan probably my all time favourite !!

PK, now there was a man who could take a corner !!

I hated Sharples but the rest are in my personal "hall of fame" with Duncan probably my all time favourite !!
Would also have a laugh with the fans at the wall on the corner when taking them, IRC that would have been the same time we had Issak English and Stevie Kerrigan up front maybe looking back with Rose tinted specs but I remember them being a very decent partnership before English got injured

53 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

How could you hate Sharples?  He was absolute class.  Think he got a career ending injury not long after leaving Ayr so probably didn’t fulfil his potential.  Think we got decent money for him as well.

14 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Brilliant initiative from the club to host a game for fans who can pay to take part. I’d take part myself but I’m not paying £100 to be blowing out my arse after ten minutes.

Hope it sells out though.

I played in one of these way back when. Got beaten 7-1 and barely had a touch of the ball. :D

11 hours ago, Iain said:

I played in one of these way back when. Got beaten 7-1 and barely had a touch of the ball. :D

Think I scored 3 in that game!

I’ve played in 2 games and scored 5 in total, although that was when I was considerably younger and could run!

Have stuck my name in for this one but can see it ending badly.