The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Is it the same mick mcardle tht was coach with us that’s now at st mirren? I see he’s taking first team charge while they find a new manager 

Aye.  He's head of their academy. 

16 hours ago, Jazzar said:

It doesn't but knowing you have a dodgy geezer in charge won't be a good thing for that club. Put another way, I'd be mortified if one of our lot got caught in similar circumstances and I'd be worried about the effect it has in general at my club.

Its no big deal for me, moffat got caught few year back

11 hours ago, Buckfast said:

Adeloye done f@ck all but deflect a decent shot at goal into the net. I don't get this love in with someone who has trouble controlling a football.

He scored.

12 goals in total so far. Who cares how he scored them. Still a goal.

I don’t particularly rate Adeloye but he’s been very good in the last two games he’s come off the bench. I’m not sure how Bullen plays this now. Ashford has been running himself into the ground and doesn’t deserve to be dropped but QOS is a game we should be imposing ourselves on and could try Adeloye and Ashford together. Not sure who you drop out of McKenzie and Maxwell though.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t particularly rate Adeloye but he’s been very good in the last two games he’s come off the bench. I’m not sure how Bullen plays this now. Ashford has been running himself into the ground and doesn’t deserve to be dropped but QOS is a game we should be imposing ourselves on and could try Adeloye and Ashford together. Not sure who you drop out of McKenzie and Maxwell though.

It would be crazy to drop Maxy , he holds the left side together and gives the vulnerable Redding protection . It would have to be McKenzie but I get the feeling he’s a favourite of Bullen . I think we’ll continue with the 451 for a while more .

Just about sobering up after good Highland hospitality, excellent second half performance I can definitely see the plan now they're all working towards a set goal. The midfield we're awesome and have made all the difference was actually blown away with how good Dempsey and McEnroy were, McGinty was absolutely excellent easily his best game, McAdams  double save first half were out of this world good, young Rowe was excellent when he came on and I'm sorry if people don't see what Tommi brings then perhaps fitba maybe isn't their game, his hold up play and strength were excellent, perhaps just now that 30 minutes cameo is whats needed, but he is a definite player. 

14 minutes ago, North British said:

It would be crazy to drop Maxy , he holds the left side together and gives the vulnerable Redding protection . It would have to be McKenzie but I get the feeling he’s a favourite of Bullen . I think we’ll continue with the 451 for a while more .

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I've a soft spot for McKenzie as well, he's came through the academy, thrown into the first team and has done well considering, let's be honest. 

I'd still like to see Gondoh and O'Connor used on either side, though I think your right, 4-5-1 will continue.

My Heart will not and never will accept a loss to a team under Willie Gibson.

Some folk look at McKenzie still as a number 9 and because he rarely scores think he's not brining much to the team but he's became really good as hard working wide forward will he score ten plus a season no but he's going to make defenders make mistakes and create chances, it would gave been really easy for him to have had a snap shot at goal yesterday but he turned let ball run and fired across the face of the goal for Tomi to score, I think we would do him a disservice to drop him just now.

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Some folk look at McKenzie still as a number 9 and because he rarely scores think he's not brining much to the team but he's became really good as hard working wide forward will he score ten plus a season no but he's going to make defenders make mistakes and create chances, it would gave been really easy for him to have had a snap shot at goal yesterday but he turned let ball run and fired across the face of the goal for Tomi to score, I think we would do him a disservice to drop him just now.

Yes, as much as I'd love to see Gondoh, Adeloye and O'Connor go rampaging at teams, it would pretty much throw the whole balance of the team up in the air and leave us pretty vulnerable at the back.

Looking at yesterday, not only did we score a couple of goals but we had another 2 or 3 clear cut chances where McInroy was one on one with the keeper and both Adeloye and McKenzie both had decent shots as did Maxwell, so basically while we're not playing the sexy pass and move stuff that we did with Forrest etc, we ARE actually creating chances and we definitely look far more secure at the back and much more balanced in general.

In Bully we trust.......

I think Adeloye has a lot to offer, I’m just not convinced we can play him up front by himself.  Ashford did a power of running in the first hour and kept the centre backs occupied - we’re pressing the ball so much better of late and Ashford is part of that.  On the other hand he didn’t threaten the goal at any point, so it’s a tough call for Bullen to go 2 up front or stick with the current formation.

Watched Mattmans Vlog of the game - probably looking for things that aren’t there, but Adeloye’s body language at his goal still suggest there is a problem of some sort.  Really didn’t acknowledge the fans at all despite scoring in front of them.  

58 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Watched Mattmans Vlog of the game - probably looking for things that aren’t there, but Adeloye’s body language at his goal still suggest there is a problem of some sort.  Really didn’t acknowledge the fans at all despite scoring in front of them.  

Again, he still scored.

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

I think Adeloye has a lot to offer, I’m just not convinced we can play him up front by himself.  Ashford did a power of running in the first hour and kept the centre backs occupied - we’re pressing the ball so much better of late and Ashford is part of that.  On the other hand he didn’t threaten the goal at any point, so it’s a tough call for Bullen to go 2 up front or stick with the current formation.

He has played up front himself for the vast majority of the season... from what I have seen he is better as a lone frontman than Ashford. 

Edited by No_Problemo