The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If we play Maxwell and McKenzie it is a flatter midfield and whoever is up front will likely be isolated. We are playing the team Currently bottom. Do we go more attacking or play cautiously? 
The problem with the latter is that if we go a goal behind, we are set up not to attack in numbers. 

Buy with 5 subs we can change that.

It's been a hell of a turnaround from getting pumped by Queens 2 months ago. Let's keep it going on Saturday. Three more points please.

I'll always consider myself a "diehard", but under Hopkin and Duffy I was really struggling to care one single bit. If we stay up this year, then next season has potential to be the best yet considering who/what we've got off the pitch. Been speaking to a few mates tonight and we're all on the same boat, buzzing for Saturday against QoS. Would be brilliant to get 1.7/2k home support and make a noise.

Adeloye for McKenzie. I’d hope that Bullen might be willing to throw more caution to the wind against the bottom side. McKenzie works hard on the right hand side but is limited in terms of contribution in the final third. We’ve seen how hard Ashford is prepared to work when pressing from the front so he could offer cover in front of the right back but also contribute more effectively as we look to threaten.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ayr always seem to make an arse of a homecoming. every time we seem to get a couple of good results and go back to Somerset with a head of steam in front of a decent crowd, we get beat or we are rotten.

Hopefully another habit Bullen can break.

Players playing with a bit of confidence can help. If we can go a goal up early next Saturday it would help get the home crowd behind the team a bit more. 

This is very true, a few times under McCall we would build up a bit of momentum then make an arse of it at home. With the social media improving there is definite room for building up  some steam if we win next Saturday, which is why I would like to see us be a bit more gung ho against QOS, but I can see why Bullen wouldn't want to change things that much if so.

54 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Adeloye for McKenzie. I’d hope that Bullen might be willing to throw more caution to the wind against the bottom side. McKenzie works hard on the right hand side but is limited in terms of contribution in the final third. We’ve seen how hard Ashford is prepared to work when pressing from the front so he could offer cover in front of the right back but also contribute more effectively as we look to threaten.

League positions don’t make any difference in this league as we have shown , beaten top four teams recently and top only drawing with bottom team today , got to treat QoS same as Kilmarnock , the starting line up today is still an attacking set up with wing backs and midfield up supporting every attack 

I like how attacking Rowe s but feel better with houston at the back. The only change I’d make and it’s really harsh on Mckenzie. I’d bring adeloye in for him and play ashford wide in the same role Mckenzie plays

As I said that is very very harsh on Mckenzie he has been good the last few games

Mckenzie was very good I thought today. But against QOS next Saturday it would be interesting to see what Adeloye and Ashford could do. I appreciate how this is harsh on Mckenzie after his solid performance today.

Bullen has a bit of a selection dilemma coming up. Be more aggressive at home against the bottom of the league team. Or stick with a setup and lineup that despite some issues during games has got us 2 wins away from home most Ayr fans would have thought very unlikely beforehand.

Edited by Oceanlineayr
Spelling error

2 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

Do we start the same team as the last two games? It's a really difficult argument to keep Adeloye out of the starting 11, but he has done so well as an impact sub, bullying tiring defences and holding the ball up.

Adeloye done f@ck all but deflect a decent shot at goal into the net. I don't get this love in with someone who has trouble controlling a football.

31 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

League positions don’t make any difference in this league as we have shown , beaten top four teams recently and top only drawing with bottom team today , got to treat QoS same as Kilmarnock , the starting line up today is still an attacking set up with wing backs and midfield up supporting every attack 

I think we do, Queens are far inferior to Kilmarnock and we need to set up accordingly. They will be more compact than either Inverness or Kilmarnock and our right hand side isn’t able to offer enough in those kind of games. The same set up is fine, it just needs adjusted slightly in personnel IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Adeloye done f@ck all but deflect a decent shot at goal into the net. I don't get this love in with someone who has trouble controlling a football.

Your agenda against him is an interesting one. 

I didn't see it clearly but did he divert it in? I genuinely thought it just hit him. It certainly was traveling at some speed, and his celebration suggested that he didn't know much about it.

Thought he did quite well otherwise, but can be frustrating.

13 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Don’t know what game you were watching but Adeloye made a great impact when he came on. Held the ball up well and unlucky not score another goal after his first.

19 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Strikers need to be in the right place at the right time and he was today. As for not being able to control a ball? You've obviously been watching a different team to me.

I've said it before but Adeloye is our best player, I don't think I can remember someone having as big an impact - 12 goals now and seemingly attracting so much criticism from elements within our support. Bizarre.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I didn't see it clearly but did he divert it in? I genuinely thought it just hit him. It certainly was traveling at some speed, and his celebration suggested that he didn't know much about it.

Thought he did quite well otherwise, but can be frustrating.

On watching it back (thanks to ICTV for footage, highlights will appear at some point) I would credit Adeloye with checking his movement as the ball comes to him. But it is impossibly close.