The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Ayr23 said:
3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:
Third one next week from hoodoo Palmerston. emoji16.pngemoji106.png

Please don't turn up to Palmerston next week... You'll be highly disappointed/confused.

That's nothing new 😂

Out of interest, when was the last time Ayr won three games in a row? 🤔

The combination of Imrie's betting slips and Goodwillie's signing debacle won't have done Morton and Raith's morale much good. How things change quickly. 
See if a player gets suspended he can't be in playing squad but if the manager does he can still take training, do tactics and sit in the stand giving instructions to his assistant how is that a punishment?

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
8 minutes ago, Jazzar said:
The combination of Imrie's betting slips and Goodwillie's signing debacle won't have done Morton and Raith's morale much good. How things change quickly. 

See if a player gets suspended he can't be in playing squad but if the manager does he can still take training, do tactics and sit in the stand giving instructions to his assistant how is that a punishment?

It doesn't but knowing you have a dodgy geezer in charge won't be a good thing for that club. Put another way, I'd be mortified if one of our lot got caught in similar circumstances and I'd be worried about the effect it has in general at my club.

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
9 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Is it not better to place bets discreetly from your mobile whilst sat in the stand?

That's nothing new [emoji23]
Out of interest, when was the last time Ayr won three games in a row? [emoji848]
September 2019 for three consecutive league wins (we won three League Cup games last July). Dundee United at home, McCall's last game when we pumped Alloa, then Arbroath away where again we pumped them 3-0. It really has all been downhill from then.

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Yes but we have the points in the bag , they don’t yet 

If we can keep that first 11 fit, I think we’re in good shape.  The midfield 3 in particular have been excellent in the last 2 games.  Just need to wrap them in cotton wool!

The focus should be on beating QOTS rather than playoff places or league places just now.

Inverness and Raith look like they could drop out the top 4, Partick however have about 12 games in hand, but also a pitch like a tattie field. 

Morton won 4 games in a row and are still behind us in the league which shows how hard it is to make a dent in this league. 

25 minutes ago, HMIP said:

If we can keep that first 11 fit, I think we’re in good shape.  The midfield 3 in particular have been excellent in the last 2 games.  Just need to wrap them in cotton wool!

I think we've got major strength in depth now and in fact I'm still far from sure that the "first 11" are our best.

Adeloye up top, Baird at CH, Gondoh wide right, Rowe at RB and options of playing O'Connor LM / LW with Maxwell or Reading interchanging between LB / LM / LW, I really don't think any of these changes would weaken us terribly, if indeed at all.

We also have a decent enough back up keeper.

Looking good just now, let's just make sure we back it all up with the 3 points against Queens !!

I really hope we are speaking to both Murdy and McInroy about getting them signed up for next season and if a deal is in place for Dempsey as suggested we have the makings of a top class midfield who by the start of next season will have 15 games or so under there belt playing together.

Just now, BukyOHare said:

I can't believe some fans are talking about making the playoffs. It's crazy talk. 

It's farfetched but not unrealistic.

Though I do think the focus should fully be on Q.o.s and take the results when they come. I'd say, after watching today, Ayr would be closer to the promotion playoffs than the relegation play offs, if the form continues.

A lot of similarities to the Kilmarnock game. 

McAdams keeping us in it with a couple of fantastic saves first half, and then gradually growing into the game second half. It started before Tomi came on with Dempsey and McInroy beginning to link up well with Ashford. 

- The midfield was fantastic second half. - McInroy is just a lovely footballer. 
- McGinty was imperious tbh. 

We aren’t making the playoffs btw - let’s concentrate on sixth!

Edited by No_Problemo

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I can't believe some fans are talking about making the playoffs. It's crazy talk. 

We won 2 in a row under both Duffy and Hopkin. This feels slightly different because we have a settled team, although it was worrying that we went to sitting deep and inviting pressure without attacking again. 

10 games to go, a win against QOTS next week would open a 12 point gap. with 27 points to play for although they have a game in hand. Win 4 out of our last 10 and we would be safe from going straight down. 

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Yip a couple of poor results and we’re in the mire again

6th or 7th would be an absolute result from where we were. Ideally momentum being built between now and the end of the season and then a productive summer transfer window to come.