The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We must surely be due at least one loan signing before that window shuts. Brandon Comley signed for Dagenham and Redbridge so I'm not sure we'll be in the market for any free transfers. 

If we did sign one player what position is it for?

Centre back would be my pick but I think it’s unlikely given Bullen seems happy with McGinty and we’ve got four in total. Unless we can shift Fjortoft out.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we did sign one player what position is it for?

Centre back would be my pick but I think it’s unlikely given Bullen seems happy with McGinty and we’ve got four in total. Unless we can shift Fjortoft out.

I think we are a certain type of midfielder short, I don't think we have one that can control a game, we have plenty of fast, energetic ones but not one that can take the ball from side to side and slow the game down if need be. 

30 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The official twitter account is flogging last weeks win to death to the point it’s getting a bit cringey.

This is incredibly harsh. They asked fans for photos and videos from last week - its fan engagement... and exactly what we have been missing for years. 

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This is incredibly harsh. They asked fans for photos and videos from last week - its fan engagement... and exactly what we have been missing for years. 

I get that but it was a league win, not toppling a giant of the game. Not a once in a generation result. It'll count for nothing if we go down. We didn't win a cup. As pleasing as it is to beat them, The gloating lasts a few days, the clips get shared and you move on to the next game. 

It's over a week later and it sounds like we are going to release a DVD of the game or a commemorative plate. 

23 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I get that but it was a league win, not toppling a giant of the game. Not a once in a generation result. It'll count for nothing if we go down. We didn't win a cup. As pleasing as it is to beat them, The gloating lasts a few days, the clips get shared and you move on to the next game. 

It's over a week later and it sounds like we are going to release a DVD of the game or a commemorative plate. 

It is kind of a once in a generation result. I think our previous league win at Rugby Park was 1 January 1986. Granted we've only had another four seasons or so in the same division since then until now.

Interesting day or so on this thread since I last had a look. Trust us lot eh. 

Anyone heading to Inverness? Was going to, but unsure with weather forecasts and the like. I'd rather the game not be postponed tbh, would be good to just get playing again having had a wee break after the derby.

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

Anyone heading to Inverness? Was going to, but unsure with weather forecasts and the like. I'd rather the game not be postponed tbh, would be good to just get playing again having had a wee break after the derby.

I wish we had been playing on Saturday, to carry the momentum from the derby win on.

It's shite after such a positive result to not be playing again for well over a week.

The club are posting a good bit about last weeks win, possibly verging on a bit too much, but then I remember when was the last time (before last week) we won at Rugby park.

On the other hand it's fantastic to see the club posting more content and asking for fan photos and videos. It's a Great way to get fans engaged with the club and other updates such as the loan reports are great for keeping fans up to date.

Edited by Oceanlineayr

6 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

The club are posting a good bit about last weeks win, possibly verging on a bit too much, but then I remember when was the last time (before last week) we won at Rugby park.

On the other hand it's fantastic to see the club posting more content and asking for fan photos and videos. It's a Great way to get fans engaged with the club and other updates such as the loan reports are great for keeping fans up to date.

Yup, and it also encourages the younger fan base who might see their friends etc in videos/photos etc and want to join in. The good moments absolutely need to be amplified to begin to build a fan base back up. 

2 hours ago, AuAl said:

Rumour is pitch is currently waterlogged, with snow and cold temperatures coming tomorrow, surely must be in doubt , any Inverness fans who can confirm ? 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Rumour is pitch is currently waterlogged, with snow and cold temperatures coming tomorrow, surely must be in doubt , any Inverness fans who can confirm ? 

Probably best asking in the match thread champ. 

TBF we have not had a game since would rather they were engaging rather than nothing coming out if the club because nothing new has happened