The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

“If you take your kids for this and they get an illness due to it you should 100% be held accountable” Obviously stupid. 

“there’s absolutely no data to even begin to suggest that kids need this vaccine or what the effect it could have on them. Madness🤯There isn’t really much wrong with this, other than the way he puts it across - there definitely isn’t data to suggest that there is a distinct advantage for a five year to get the vaccine, as opposed to not. 

As others have said, yes he may be mental but I think it’s important not to jump on parents generally not thinking this is for the best for their child. That is quite distinct from being anti vax or whatever.  Again, I’ll take the word of the other guys that LS indeed is though. 

Parents not thinking this is best for their child based on what? Their 'research' over the advice of hundreds of qualified scientists etc...

I'll stick to the science thanks.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

As others have said, yes he may be mental but I think it’s important not to jump on parents generally not thinking this is for the best for their child. That is quite distinct from being anti vax or whatever.  

^100%. Parents are right to be sceptical. For the last 14/15 months the mantra has been that young children won't benefit from the vacinne. I hope the Government and JCVI share the data/science on this. Frankly, if the benefit is negligible I'd much rather we gave our excess vacinnes to countries that are struggling to vacinate their health care workers and vulnerable.

Apologies, I appreciate this is veering off topic. FWIW some of Sir Lawrence's tweets are pretty bad. Then again, so were many of Lachlans.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Parents not thinking this is best for their child based on what? Their 'research' over the advice of hundreds of qualified scientists etc...

I'll stick to the science thanks.

There is absolutely no need for the condescending response tbh. You are perfectly entitled to do what you think is best for your child, just as others are. 

At this point we don’t actually know how marginal or not the benefit to a child is, and whether some of the thinking is around children protecting adults. The government need to release data around this to allow people make informed decision. Frankly, it’s what anyone with any kind of common sense would do. 

11 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Not really too sure what that had to do with the tweet I was referring to. Can you explain a bit more? 

I think the guy is a crackpot for many thinks including both posts. 

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

There is absolutely no need for the condescending response tbh.

Ah tbf you are guilty of more than your fair share of condensing posts...

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

At this point we don’t actually know how marginal or not the benefit to a child is, and whether some of the thinking is around children protecting adults. The government need to release data around this to allow people make informed decision. Frankly, it’s what anyone with any kind of common sense would do. 

Yip, because what we all need is a bunch of parents playing pretend doctor going against current advice from the medical field. Brilliant.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Yip, because what we all need is a bunch of parents playing pretend doctor going against current advice from the medical field. Brilliant.

Not much need for the sarcastic tone tbh. 

I can only assume that you (and if you have kids) would happily take the vaccine. What difference would it make if someone (say a 5 year old child) would bare any effect on you. 

There is a fair amount of information and data out there. The US has administered millions of doses to 5-11 year olds already, and other countries have followed suit.  It's partly about trying to curtail the spread of the virus in schools, which might also actually allow some of the more vulnerable children to return. 

It's not as though vaccinations for children are a new thing. 

Anyway to get back to more relevant matters rather than turn this thread into something like the Coranavirus thread, the club's presence on social media hasn't half increased over the last few weeks. Keep up the good work.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Am I now! 

All I have said is that more data needs to be released to give people a more informed viewpoint as to what the benefits are for their child. Your pigheaded viewpoint is clearly incapable of seeing any form of nuance whatsoever though. 

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Not much need for the sarcastic tone tbh. 

nah, pretty sure there is...

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I can only assume that you (and if you have kids) would happily take the vaccine

100% correct.

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

What difference would it make if someone (say a 5 year old child) would bare any effect on you. 

Because I'm not only thinking about my own selfish interests tbh. Really outing yourself here tbh...

Am I now! 

All I have said is that more data needs to be released to give people a more informed viewpoint as to what the benefits are for their child. Your pigheaded viewpoint is clearly incapable of seeing any form of nuance whatsoever though. 

If my pigheaded viewpoint is just accepting current medical advice without diluting it with my own unqualified opinions then yeah I'm fine with that label.

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

nah, pretty sure there is...

100% correct.

Because I'm not only thinking about my own selfish interests tbh. Really outing yourself here tbh...

Don't you think that forcing someone to do something they don't want for the fact you had it is selfish? 

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If my pigheaded viewpoint is just accepting current medical advice without diluting it with my own unqualified opinions then yeah I'm fine with that label.

Nope, your own pigheaded viewpoint is being absolutely incapable of understanding the nuances of a situation. 

At no point have I said anything about people making things up for themselves. 

Jeezo. This thread is taking a turn for the worse. In my view as a parent of two kids (3yo & 5yo), I will be reviewing the information shared with me directly very carefully. Hopefully its more than an A5 flier. That's the responsible thing to do.

I am triple vaccinated, my kids have had covid as has my better half (somehow I have dodged it so far). Parental responsibility is quite important. As is personal responsibility. Hopefully governments of all stripes remember that. The last 2 years have been the exception not the norm. It's time to get back to normal.

Nope, your own pigheaded viewpoint is being absolutely incapable of understanding the nuances of a situation. 

At no point have I said anything about people making things up for themselves. 

You know what, you are absolutely right. It was like when I got the vaccine for myself, I got it without hesitation and at no time did I stop to consider the fucking nuances of the situation. Because I deferred to the advice of the thousands of trained professionals who did, and that was good enough for me.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

You know what, you are absolutely right. It was like when I got the vaccine for myself, I got it without hesitation and at no time did I stop to consider the fucking nuances of the situation. Because I deferred to the advice of the thousands of trained professionals who did, and that was good enough for me.

Amazingly that isn’t remotely the same situation, and again proving my point about you. I mean, how could it possibly be a different scenario for a five year old, compared to someone much older. 

Regardless, we’ll move on as you are not worth engaging with!