The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m pretty sure Rose hasn’t played consistently this season, so sounds pretty unlikely!

He was on the bench at the start of the season, however broke in to the team about 3 or 4 months back and has been an ever present as they've climbed the league and had quite a few clean sheets.

I think Leeds were also looking at him last year (or year before) so he's definitely got a few admirers.

The fact that he's pretty quick and can pass a ball is a big thing in England as most sides like to play out from the back.

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

He was on the bench at the start of the season, however broke in to the team about 3 or 4 months back and has been an ever present as they've climbed the league and had quite a few clean sheets.

I think Leeds were also looking at him last year (or year before) so he's definitely got a few admirers.

The fact that he's pretty quick and can pass a ball is a big thing in England as most sides like to play out from the back.

It would be good if he managed to get a good run and into the Scotland squad at some point. I know there's a lot of competition at centre back though.

12 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It would be good if he managed to get a good run and into the Scotland squad at some point. I know there's a lot of competition at centre back though.

When Grant Hantley can walk into the Scotland side, I'm pretty sure Rose could aswell.

22 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

When Grant Hantley can walk into the Scotland side, I'm pretty sure Rose could aswell.

I used to hate Hanley, but to be fair he's been much better for Scotland recently than he had previously been.

But yeah, there's no reason why Rose couldn't get in the squad.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I used to hate Hanley, but to be fair he's been much better for Scotland recently than he had previously been.

But yeah, there's no reason why Rose couldn't get in the squad.

Same here. Used to think Hanley was a dud, but he has been vastly more effective and realiable in recent performances for Scotland.

If Rose got a move to the EPL you'd hope it would be Southampton. He would have a vastly better chance of getting a Scotland call up there with the added bonus of Che Adams and Armstrong being there to play and train with if he did make the national team.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Rose playing for Scotland just makes me even more buzzing for Shankland and his inevitable return to Somerset in a few years time.

Edit: and Nicky Devlin of course.

Would love shankland to come home but I don’t know if he would. It would also take one hell of a wage unless he’s past it and in the way back down

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Rose playing for Scotland just makes me even more buzzing for Shankland and his inevitable return to Somerset in a few years time.

Edit: and Nicky Devlin of course.

Shankland won’t be back I don’t think. Devlin almost certainly will be. 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Does anyone know if the club's open this week? On calling up yesterday and today you have 6 options to choose from and only get answer machine messages for each of them. 

If it’s the shop opening hours remaining of week are 

Wed and Thur 1-5

Friday 10-4