Jump to content

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Don't get me wrong we have had a fair amount of matches in a very short time so the rest may be good for the players but it would have been great to keep the momentum going from Wednesday

I think it’s a good thing we aren’t playing, to try and turnaround in two days after the high of Wednesday night would have been incredibly difficult for them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I think it’s a good thing we aren’t playing, to try and turnaround in two days after the high of Wednesday night would have been incredibly difficult for them. 

This. Wednesday was a big high and the adrenalin from it would have been surging but the come-down would be too close for a game today. It also gives Bully time to review the game with the players and identify things we need to do better as well as get them ready, physically and tactically, for another stern test against ICT.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye pretty much this. If there is to be a winner in the Morton game then I’d rather it was them. Hoping QOS start to be cut adrift. 

Yeah, QoS to be cut off, giving a bit of a safety net is my preference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 draws would've been the ideal but if there had to be winners, I suppose it was the right ones for us in the league.

An afterthought as well: That game at home in a fortnight, could see us all but safe from bottom spot IF we can win it. Ooft, what a day that will be.

Edited by Calayrdonia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

QoS looked absolutely defeated when Morton scored their 2nd, hopefully that's them staying 10th. Massive game at Somerset in a couple weeks!

QoS with 2 wins in 19 now.  It really annoys me how easily they pumped us down there before Xmas.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
33 minutes ago, Hursty said:
QoS with 2 wins in 19 now.  It really annoys me how easily they pumped us down there before Xmas.   

Agreed but it brought forward the changes off the field that needed to happen.

This, v helpful pumping. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Assuming current league form continues it's going to be a real battle for 9th. A win against QOS would be huge as we then go into a run that includes Raith, Morton, Arbroath away and Killie at home

Edited by UpInTheAyr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Hursty said:

QoS with 2 wins in 19 now.  It really annoys me how easily they pumped us down there before Xmas.   

The lack of heart and fight really annoyed me on the day but It brought about the demise of Jim 'going through the motions' Duffy which was essential in order to give us a chance of staying up.

The game in a fortnight is massive though. Win it and potentially we're 10 + points clear of Queens, depending on what happens next weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The lack of heart and fight really annoyed me on the day but It brought about the demise of Jim 'going through the motions' Duffy which was essential in order to give us a chance of staying up.

The game in a fortnight is massive though. Win it and potentially we're 10 + points clear of Queens, depending on what happens next weekend.

Aye - realistically if we can beat Queens twice then we won't finish bottom.   That has to be the aim, even though we've had one fortunate win and one pumping off them - would like to think those previous games shouldn't have a bearing on next ones.   

Only worry is do QoS finally bin AJ after that collapse today?  If not now then when? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Aye - realistically if we can beat Queens twice then we won't finish bottom.   That has to be the aim, even though we've had one fortunate win and one pumping off them - would like to think those previous games shouldn't have a bearing on next ones.   

Only worry is do QoS finally bin AJ after that collapse today?  If not now then when? 

I was thinking that myself today. Surely they're going to bin him at some point soon? Although a part of me feels like if they've put up with it this long then maybe they won't. The only one of the "shite 5" that haven't replaced their manager at all. Although they are shite, i do think the squad is slightly better than what they've shown. Hopefully they don't bin him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I was thinking that myself today. Surely they're going to bin him at some point soon? Although a part of me feels like if they've put up with it this long then maybe they won't. The only one of the "shite 5" that haven't replaced their manager at all. Although they are shite, i do think the squad is slightly better than what they've shown. Hopefully they don't bin him.

Maybe it'll be too late when they eventually do.  Can't see him seeing the season out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d love to see us do something for the QOS game, whether that be cheaper tickets, ST holders bringing a friend at a reduced price etc. With hopefully a positive result next week, going into that home game with a big crowd would be great. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...