The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I’d love to see us do something for the QOS game, whether that be cheaper tickets, ST holders bringing a friend at a reduced price etc. With hopefully a positive result next week, going into that home game with a big crowd would be great. 
Maybe we should start punting the Derby angle, like they do.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:
I’d love to see us do something for the QOS game, whether that be cheaper tickets, ST holders bringing a friend at a reduced price etc. With hopefully a positive result next week, going into that home game with a big crowd would be great. 

Maybe we should start punting the Derby angle, like they do.

What would we call it? The Josh Todd, Innes Cameron or James Maxwell derby?

Get into the schools with the players and the panda give them the clap board things we had a few years back, here's an idea give the school kids vouchers that gets an adult in free when accompanied with a school kid the club still gets some revenue and hopefully gets lapsed/disillusioned adults back and kids hooked

28 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
35 minutes ago, itzdrk said:
Maybe it'll be too late when they eventually do.  Can't see him seeing the season out. 

Yeah, think he'll be punted if we beat them. Actually wondering if it's more beneficial to us to lose that game, in the long term.

Not at this stage of the season, no. 

We as fans know there is a 0% chance if it but they'll still think if they peak at the right time the playoffs aren't dead btw :lol:

Edited by itzdrk

I think Queens have left it too late with Johnston tbh. I know we sacked Kerr in late February but Alloa were rooted to the bottom at that time and we still had a fair chance at finishing well away from the playoffs. They aren’t the worst team I’ve seen us play this season but even in the 3-0 nothing game it was more down to us being shite than them being any good.

I still have it in my head that we’ll finish 9th and have to face the playoffs but I think the next 3 games will tell us an awful lot more. We now have an actual functioning midfield but Bullen still needs to find the best combination up front to help us win games. I do not think we’ll stay up if we continue to persevere with McKenzie and Maxwell playing wide.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think Queens have left it too late with Johnston tbh. I know we sacked Kerr in late February but Alloa were rooted to the bottom at that time and we still had a fair chance at finishing well away from the playoffs. They aren’t the worst team I’ve seen us play this season but even in the 3-0 nothing game it was more down to us being shite than them being any good.

I still have it in my head that we’ll finish 9th and have to face the playoffs but I think the next 3 games will tell us an awful lot more. We now have an actual functioning midfield but Bullen still needs to find the best combination up front to help us win games. I do not think we’ll stay up if we continue to persevere with McKenzie and Maxwell playing wide.

Hamilton are by far the worst team we have played In the league this season. Admittedly I wasn’t at the most recent game so don’t know if they were any better. 

Hamilton are by far the worst team we have played In the league this season. Admittedly I wasn’t at the most recent game so don’t know if they were any better. 

Yep I’d have to say the same. They offered absolutely nothing in the game down at Somerset and the first league game we played them up there. Wasn’t at the last one so might be better but they seem to be really soft defensively.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hopefully, last thing we'd need is a new manager bounce from them. Still waiting for the Morton one to dissipate.....

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Feeling 9th is going to be extremely close between two teams, with the other pulling away.

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What would we call it? The Josh Todd, Innes Cameron or James Maxwell derby?

You forgot Andy Murdoch, ( and tenuously, Aaron Airhead who was here at youth level). 

The "Derby that's no' a derby derby" sounds right. 

The bottom half may become more interesting than the top half. 

Morton under Imrie have improved, Imrie is one of footballs arseholes and they rarely succeed. Once they hit a sticky patch I can see him emerging as the clueless c**t we all know he is. 

Hamilton are doing enough to be safe without making a scene about it

Ayr, have the ability to finish 6th or 10th and neither would surprise any of us

Dunfermline, see Ayr

QOTS, have been the poorest team so far, haven't invested as much as other teams in the window to recover but are likely to win 3 games on the bounce at some point that would most likely drop Ayr, Dunfermline or both in the shite.