The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Was it not mostly over Pyros ? They kept letting them off to the point it was costing the club money because we had became a category 1 team, it was us, Rangers, Celtic and someone else, maybe Hibs.

I remember one game at Alloa where we were almost assigned our own steward on entry.

It wasn’t like they were being persecuted for no reason

7 minutes ago, AuAl said:

The Ragazzi lot basically got chased out the club from memory. Think it was done on the reasoning that we had trouble at a few away games, and the blame was laid at the door of those guys. Not entirely sure how much it was their fault. More just wee idiots, but it's easy to blame the lot that turn up in a big group and make the most noise.

I may be wrong but I think it was something like that.

The trouble at the time was fighting away from the ground that had nothing to do with the Ragazzi, unfortunately the security officer Provan hasn't got a clue and thought it was the young team who made all the noise who were causing bother.

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Was it not mostly over Pyros ? They kept letting them off to the point it was costing the club money because we had became a category 1 team, it was us, Rangers, Celtic and someone else, maybe Hibs.

I remember one game at Alloa where we were almost assigned our own steward on entry.

It wasn’t like they were being persecuted for no reason

It could well have been that. I don't remember it all that well.

I just seemed to remember a few incidents to do with fighting around the time, including one particular incident in Airdrie town centre, and the Ragazzi guys were generally viewed as the culprits.

ETA. The article about fighting in Airdrie does also mention smoke bombs etc and the police seeking banning orders as a result. So you might be right.

Edited by AuAl

15 minutes ago, AuAl said:

It could well have been that. I don't remember it all that well.

I just seemed to remember a few incidents to do with fighting around the time, including one particular incident in Airdrie town centre, and the Ragazzi guys were generally viewed as the culprits.

ETA. The article about fighting in Airdrie does also mention smoke bombs etc and the police seeking banning orders as a result. So you might be right.

Was that not when someone got stabbed? Not sure if it was an ayr fan or airdrie that instigated it

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The Ragazzi were a group of children, and the Police thought they were violent casuals. It was genuinely embarrassing stuff, and an example of piss poor intelligence. 

That was my take at the time as well I seem to remember. I didn't really know any of the guys but because I was about the right age, I fit the description and remember being searched regularly on my way into games. Seem to remember sniffer dogs and everything.

1 minute ago, ComradeDiego said:

It was to do with the smoke bombs, the club then started putting bouncers in the Somerset road end to lob folk out.
Certain there was a few banning orders as well 

Hopefully the new boys go their own direction, be a bit more organised and get that SRE rocking

It was nothing to do with smoke bombs, that was just Provans excuse. It was about fighting between rival crews at all our games.

7 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

I think Killie might struggle today, but maybe they can't be as bad twice in a row? Their defending was awful for both goals, and long balls all game to that cheating b*****d Lafferty were useless.

They have already been awful twice in a row. They were awful against Arbroath AND The Super. 

16 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
22 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:
They have already been awful twice in a row. They were awful against Arbroath AND The Super. 

How could I forget!? 2-0 Dunfermline.

Another defeat and it's fair to say that the wheels have come off the old promotion bid.

Oh dear, what a shame etc.

57 minutes ago, ecocme said:

What results do we want today, Killie win and Morton and Queens to draw? 

Aye pretty much this. If there is to be a winner in the Morton game then I’d rather it was them. Hoping QOS start to be cut adrift.