The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think I’m only just starting to come down from the high of last night. Most of us have spent large parts of this season being raging, the release when that ball hit the net for the winner was absolutely fucking wild. 
The pressing from our midfield, the battling from our defenders and some of the quality of play off of Adeloye was a joy to watch. I liked Dempsey and McIlroy at the weekend, and last night has only furthered that. Andy Murdoch having a running battle with Lafferty as well. 

On McGinty, as much as he has been poor I think we need to make sure he isn’t castigated every single time someone runs past him. He is a defender, it is going to happen at times. The winner came from a fantastic piece of defending from him too. Thoroughly enjoyed his celebration at the end. 

Aidan McAdams though! [emoji7] His performance, and that celebration. f**k knows how he was first over, but I would love to see a replay of him running over to the away end to celebrate! 

ETA, I might be getting mixed up - the fantastic defending from McGinty (when Lafferty wiped him out) might have been at the Maxwell chance. 

Just on McGinty, I fully agree. I think because most of us view him with such disdain we use any excuse we can to beat him with a stick. Did he make an absolute c**t of it for Killies goal? Yes. Did he also manage to go toe to toe with Lafferty for 90 minutes, set up our equaliser and actually look quite assured for most of the match? Yes. He’s had some absolute howlers for us but seems to raise his game at the unlikeliest of moments. I still don’t think he’s a good player but he seems to have earned Bullen’s trust and will be in the team until the summer.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just on McGinty, I fully agree. I think because most of us view him with such disdain we use any excuse we can to beat him with a stick. Did he make an absolute c**t of it for Killies goal? Yes. Did he also manage to go toe to toe with Lafferty for 90 minutes, set up our equaliser and actually look quite assured for most of the match? Yes. He’s had some absolute howlers for us but seems to raise his game at the unlikeliest of moments. I still don’t think he’s a good player but he seems to have earned Bullen’s trust and will be in the team until the summer.

this

51 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I still don’t think he’s a good player but he seems to have earned Bullen’s trust and will be in the team until the summer.

Oh give it a few weeks and you'll be calling to hand him a new contract. While Bullen may get something out of him in the short term, to me he seems like a player that will always revert to type at a certain point. Could explain his knack of being able to stay at a certain level for so long.

Oh give it a few weeks and you'll be calling to hand him a new contract. While Bullen may get something out of him in the short term, to me he seems like a player that will always revert to type at a certain point. Could explain his knack of being able to stay at a certain level for so long.

Nah I think he’d have to go on an extraordinary run of form for folk on here to want him signed on for next season. My point is that he’s most likely going to be playing regularly until the summer so I’d rather he was backed by supporters rather than slated all the time.

By my reckoning he has a good game in every five and the other four are a mixture of horrendous to decent. Kind of all you need to float about at this level.

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Bit long but worth a watch too

Footy adventures does a brilliant job at showcasing all levels of Scottish football. Spent hours binge watching all his videos especially the Talbot ones as I knew most of the faces in the videos. Also has a good video on Arbroath from a few weeks ago.

I fail to see how Lafferty has managed to make a living as a footballer.
He's dog shite.
I think he had a decent record for NI and kept getting moves off the back of that, he was utterly mince like a lot of so called premier league strikers who apparently will piss all over the championship, you just need to look at Bruce Anderson as an example with us couldn't hit a barn door but is scoring regularly for livi.