The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

No surprise we went up a gear when Tomi came on.  

Hopefully whatever childish nonsense was going on is behind the coaching team and they'll pick our best player going forward. 

Btw - Maxwell's celebration was hilarious. 

Agree....and can we tone down the incessant McGinn is shite chat, it  was going on throughout the game, the guy ain't great agreed but he's getting the blame continually whether he deserves it or not ,let's back the lad who seems honest enough. 

Great opportunity for Bully now, it's gets the doubters me included off his back, we know he's a terrific big bloke you only need to go into the pub after the game to see that, he undoubtedly has added much needed professionalism to the team, let him push forward now with more intent. 

OH and lock Mcinroy in a cupboard with a pen and a 2 year contract, because that's the major difference. 

10 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Tomi fucking Adeloye. 

Rolling and ragdolling c***s all over the shop. 

Loved it when he was in the corner at the end with one foot firmly on the ball in injury time. Opponents frantically trying to get round him, he's standing there just casually holding them off. 

That's the striker we need. 

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

Second half is a good a 45 I've seen us play in years.  Absolutely battered them and could have scored 5 goals.  McKenzie side net, Tomi lob, Tomi one on one after goal and the one that someone had a shot saved then rebound for a corner then corner ended up just wide.  That's all within 30 mins.  

There's absolutely no excuse for this team to go down now. 

The last half hour we were a different team, we actually seemed to believe in ourselves and took the game to them. The Midfield pushed right up, McInroy was pulling the strings, our full backs pushed right up and gave us width and Tomi was outstanding at holding the ball, making runs and linking up the play before spinning in behind.

This HAS to be the way forward now as this sitting back is pointless, especially when our quality and threat is up top, we should be playing to that ALL THE TIME and making the opposition fear us instead of the other way around.

17 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The last half hour we were a different team, we actually seemed to believe in ourselves and took the game to them.

This is something I have said all season, we need to defend higher up the pitch.

We looked like we were trying to stretch the game long ways, pull the opposition attack and midfield in to our half, play quick balls to the forward and get in behind them. 

The reality was, we were defending our 18 yard line, constantly under pressure and the lone forward was completely isolated. Our wide players became secondary full backs and we were barely leaving our own half. We didn’t have the defence or midfield to play the way we were. Hopefully that’s all changed now. 

I'd love to see more investment in the surface at Somerset during the summer. It's held up really well this season, but I'm sure more can be done. We've played well at Accies this season and obviously last night, both on a smooth bobble free surface.

4 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

I'd love to see more investment in the surface at Somerset during the summer. It's held up really well this season, but I'm sure more can be done. We've played well at Accies this season and obviously last night, both on a smooth bobble free surface.

We apparently already spent a fortune on the pitch recently by buying the highest quality grass seeds available. It certainly isn't anywhere near the worst in the league . The purist with me would like to stick with grass, but I can also see the benefit of a decent artificial surface like Raith's. At the risk of causing a cold snap, we haven't had the frozen pitch issue for quite a while along the main stand side. 

6 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

We apparently already spent a fortune on the pitch recently by buying the highest quality grass seeds available. It certainly isn't anywhere near the worst in the league . The purist with me would like to stick with grass, but I can also see the benefit of a decent artificial surface like Raith's. At the risk of causing a cold snap, we haven't had the frozen pitch issue for quite a while along the main stand side. 

If we can get the pitch back to anything like it was 15 to 20 years ago, then it has to be grass for me.

We had one of the best pitches in Scotland at that time and Scotland used to use it for training, whatever happened to it is anyone's guess (step forward the Greenkeepers) but if we could get it back anything close then we'd be laughing.

16 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Footy adventures vid 😭😂

Touring the Turnstiles better to be fair.

I did love hearing the usual killie booing in that Footy adventures vlog. Tasty. Also a good shot of all of us going mental at the winner.

Good to get that guys perspective from our end as well.

17 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I did love hearing the usual killie booing in that Footy adventures vlog. Tasty. Also a good shot of all of us going mental at the winner.

Good to get that guys perspective from our end as well.

Good footage and angle on Paddy's winner.

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

Well, i didn’t recognise that team from the descriptions I’ve read on here for the last few weeks. You must have massively raised your game. Extremely disappointed in our lot, but you blew us away second half. Well done.

Get it right fucking up you, you tragic auld sad act.

Think Bullen must have encouraged McGinty to get further up the park for corners & free kick.  Noticed he has got his head to the ball at corners in a few games recently and his stab at the ball resulted in Maxwell scoring last night.  Think he also had a long range effort - it missed but it is encouraging to see him and others have a go.  McInroy had a few long range shots too - thought he looked class.   On a different matter,  is Afolabi still at the club?  Never heard his name mentioned for ages.

I don't know if it applies to anybody on here, but huge thanks to my fellow fans who assisted me last night after a guy had came off his motorbike, near to the ground. 

We got the bike picked up off the ground and managed to wheel it to the side of the road and apart from him getting a bit of a fright, made sure he was alright. 

Edited by BukyOHare

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

I don't know if it applies to anybody on here, but huge thanks to my fellow fans who assisted me after a guy had came off his motorbike, near to the ground. 

We got the bike picked up off the ground and managed to wheel it to the side of the road and apart from him getting a bit of a fright, made sure he was alright. 

Didn't see this but we'll in!