The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, was great to see Tomi back at his best. Some of the balls he wins is ridiculous and the way rolls defenders. 

He's the best striker we've had since Sir Lawrence for me. We need him to perform at that level consistently now, if he can do that, he'd be the first name on the team sheet for me.

2nd half was a real joy today. Well chuffed with the team, even McGinty. I must have too many beers because never thought I'd say that.

We need to use this result as a catalyst now to pull away from the drop zone.

It puts to bed the argument that all he does is score goals.

That is exactly what he does with players around him, and when he is at his best. They had no idea how to handle him!

The second half was very unexpected! Fair play to every one of them. 

Well done everyone of them, can we now push on, we have a functioning midfield now and Bully please please unleash this team as you did tonight, this league has nothing special in it we should go after everybody. 

Some decent comments by some real Killie fans tonight how refreshing after the dafties of the last few weeks. 

As I said in the match thread, I missed both our goals. Fcking raging but delighted at the same time as we finally laid a glove on them. McInroy was superb, thought he was really good on Saturday as well. Tomi looked great when he came on. One slight negative he should have scored when 1v1 v the GK. 1-3 wouldnt have flattered us. How many could have predicted that before the game? 

23 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

If we play that kind of football the rest of the season we will be fine

We have to take this forward. Call it a turning point, call it whatever but we have to start believing in ourselves. We just pumped  the team with the largest budget in their white elepahant, Lego land dump of a ground and it must be onwards and upwards from here.

McGinty challenging 5 yards inside their half has to take either ball or man not shitbag it and let them break on us with 4 against 3 for their goal. And twice within 2 minutes just after half time, McGinty lets long balls bounce when he could have headed clear and could have had us under pressure.

Must do better.

Just now, HeathrowAUFC said:

McGinty challenging 5 yards inside their half has to take either ball or man not shitbag it and let them break on us with 4 against 3 for their goal. And twice within 2 minutes just after half time, McGinty lets long balls bounce when he could have headed clear and could have had us under pressure.

Must do better.

Also cleared a number of high balls they were punting in , and had a decent partnership with Muirhead 

Second half is a good a 45 I've seen us play in years.  Absolutely battered them and could have scored 5 goals.  McKenzie side net, Tomi lob, Tomi one on one after goal and the one that someone had a shot saved then rebound for a corner then corner ended up just wide.  That's all within 30 mins.  

There's absolutely no excuse for this team to go down now. 

Don’t want to put a dampener on things but let’s not get carried away. This was a derby. It would be so Ayr to not get a result at Queens but at least we know they can. Some teams have two games in hand on us and most  around us have improved this year. Other than QoS currently its still very tight at the bottom.

I've not got much more to add really. But over the last few weeks things have been getting better, slowly but surely. Hopefully Bully can get us an overdue win up in Inverness. What a performance tonight, absolutely buzzing, and I will stroll into work tomorrow with a grin as wide as the Clyde. COYA!!!!

Its not a result that you could say we were due. Saturday was better but we still looked weeks and a couple of players short of getting a result. 

Looking at the form, Inverness are on a bit of a miserable run, having Saturday off might help us, these kind of results normally come with  hangover and the wait for the next game will hopefully keep focus on what we need to do. 

Hopefully playing the way we did tonight will continue for the next few weeks and will allow us to at the very least keep up with the pack we are in. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Looking at the form, Inverness are on a bit of a miserable run

Exactly.  f**k 'form' as in last 5/10 etc - we were decent against the Pars and excellent tonight.  That means we need to be going and taking 6 points from the next 2 games.  

16 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Many sections of the home end now sold out. Ayr tickets still a trickle. Pity the occasion not being joined by both sets of supporters.

How was your night you tragic wee c**t :lol:

No surprise we went up a gear when Tomi came on.  

Hopefully whatever childish nonsense was going on is behind the coaching team and they'll pick our best player going forward. 

Btw - Maxwell's celebration was hilarious. 

Still absolutely buzzing no voice so it's going to be a long day at work, that second half performance was arguably the best since McCall left, passion, energy and proper football being played hopefully this is the start and the green shoots that we have seen in the last few weeks are coming to fruition, special shout out to McAdams that first save was unbelievable.

Hopefully whatever childish nonsense was going on is behind the coaching team

Looks like whatever the coaching team were doing paid off big time as it sounds like Tomi had his best game for a long time.

Let’s hope the coaching team do pick him because he’s doing what they want him to do which will be leading the line as well as scoring goals. Would be great for both him and us if he can as he could tear it up at this level.