The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Talk for the media? Or a genuine interest in not being on the backfoot for 90 minutes? 

Somewhere in between the two most probably. On an artificial surface you get the likes of O'Connor starting and running at the opposition as often as you can. The likes of Murdoch, Dempsey, Maxwell and McInroy should excel on surfaces like this. 

Sharp one and two touch passing all over the pitch and a high tempo when you have the ball. Not much to ask for a full time team. Looking forward to the game, but equally aware that it could be absolutely horrible if we go behind early. 

A game that could shape and define the rest of our season.

Edited by BukyOHare

He needs to get over his fear of making changes. There is a difference between holding out for a point and not going for a win, Saturday, with a couple more changes may have got us 3 points but we only made one sub.  

Dunfermlines chances all came from defensive errors that would have happened had we played one up front or 3 up front. 

O'Connor looked lively on the artificial turf up there last time around, more of the same from him and the midfield we now have and I can see it being a very lively game. Neither side should be sitting in for this game, I'd be very disappointed if we did. 

54 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He needs to get over his fear of making changes. There is a difference between holding out for a point and not going for a win, Saturday, with a couple more changes may have got us 3 points but we only made one sub.  

Dunfermlines chances all came from defensive errors that would have happened had we played one up front or 3 up front. 

Conditions could be the case for lack of subs being introduced on Saturday likely take a little time to adjust as Dunfermline only made the one sub also and they had the wind  on their backs , in previous games he has made minimum 3 substitutes 

Edited by Finlay21

Jimmy Nichol was the assistant manager at Dunfermline while Bullen was there. 

I wasn’t sure what the connection was as I think they may have just missed each other when Nicholl was a player at EEP. He’s obviously a very experienced coach but I’ve no idea if it would be a good move for us or not.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wasn’t sure what the connection was as I think they may have just missed each other when Nicholl was a player at EEP. He’s obviously a very experienced coach but I’ve no idea if it would be a good move for us or not.

Not sure who the best Dundee fan is to ask but, was there not some concern about what both Nicholl and Strachan were actually doing to help McPake? 

Not sure who the best Dundee fan is to ask but, was there not some concern about what both Nicholl and Strachan were actually doing to help McPake? 

I’m sure they said at the time that Nicholl was only really there for McPake to lean on if he needed advice. At the games I saw us against Dundee he rarely left the bench and I’ve no idea how much he contributed to training. Strachan was purely there as he has his own wee project going on with the academy. Don’t think he had any involvement with the first team tbh.

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Talk for the media? Or a genuine interest in not being on the backfoot for 90 minutes? 

Somewhere in between the two most probably. On an artificial surface you get the likes of O'Connor starting and running at the opposition as often as you can. The likes of Murdoch, Dempsey, Maxwell and McInroy should excel on surfaces like this. 

Sharp one and two touch passing all over the pitch and a high tempo when you have the ball. Not much to ask for a full time team. Looking forward to the game, but equally aware that it could be absolutely horrible if we go behind early. 

Yeah - I want to see us setting up as if we are playing a side in the same league, and not as if we are the part time league one side heading to Rugby Park. 

Haunstrup in particular at LB can be exploited, if we set up with Houston and McKenzie on that side I will be incredibly depressed...

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah - I want to see us setting up as if we are playing a side in the same league, and not as if we are the part time league one side heading to Rugby Park. 

Haunstrup in particular at LB can be exploited, if we set up with Houston and McKenzie on that side I will be incredibly depressed...

Mindset going into games is massive. I know I keep holding up Arbroath as an example but there's no way the Campbell's are letting their team take a backward step against anybody in this league and it's shown by the levels of performance that they get from their players. 

I was always of the mindset that football management would bring out the traits, habits and characteristics of an individual that they took through their career as a player. Bully was somebody I remember to be a wholehearted, hugely committed teamplayer that would cause his opponents huge problems and play with his heart on his sleeve. 

Its still feels like the handbrake's on in games from this team, they're playing within themselves to not lose as opposed to win games and overall that produces disjointed performances. 

We've played 24 league games and conceded the first goal in 19 of them. That's clearly not helping and has to change quickly. 

No time like the next match.

4 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

You steaming? 

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hope any of you on Twitter are following this account BTW.

Had no idea it existed, thanks for the heads up!

ETA, something a few of us mentioned on Saturday was how useless how right hand side was when we have the ball. Hopefully the manager has noticed, and we might actually start to be a threat from both sides of the pitch. 

Edited by No_Problemo