The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

The chairman and board of directors of every full time team in this league must be rightfully asking themselves, where are we going wrong?

Arbroath train twice maybe three nights a week. The rest have got as long as they want. For Arbroath to be 4 points clear at the top is to be totally applauded but equally raises question marks as to the standard of players and coaching at the rest. 

Got  part time players travelling from Greenock and Ardrossan as well. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Thank f**k it’s only you lot next. We won’t be that bad twice in a row.

You probably could be.  Arbroath have taken 2 points from 9 off us and we have hardly hit a shot on target against you lot.  Some sort of Ayrshire Alliance 🤮

The chairman and board of directors of every full time team in this league must be rightfully asking themselves, where are we going wrong?
Arbroath train twice maybe three nights a week. The rest have got as long as they want. For Arbroath to be 4 points clear at the top is to be totally applauded but equally raises question marks as to the standard of players and coaching at the rest. 

They have some excellent players at this level though. Also at this level the gap between FT and PT is massively overplayed. As long as you have a strong enough squad then it won’t matter too much. At the end of the day it boils down to a good manager who has recruited well and has created a good team spirit. It speaks more to the rest of the clubs at this level who have failed at these fairly basic things.

21 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

https://www.sporcle.com/games/purplefrogg6/ayr-united-top-5-scorers-since-9899

In case any of you are having as wild a Friday night as I am.

94 the score to beat, didn’t do too well with the earlier seasons but seeing some of the names I should have gotten a few more.

Got everything as far back as 2011/12, kicking myself at some of the names pre then...that I paid money to watch. 

Screenshot_20220205-002648.png

31 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

https://www.sporcle.com/games/purplefrogg6/ayr-united-top-5-scorers-since-9899

In case any of you are having as wild a Friday night as I am.

94 the score to beat, didn’t do too well with the earlier seasons but seeing some of the names I should have gotten a few more.

100 out of 138.

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Got everything as far back as 2011/12, kicking myself at some of the names pre then...that I paid money to watch. 

Screenshot_20220205-002648.png

Good score tbf.

I got everyone back to 10/11 and all but 4 back to 07/08 but fell off a cliff after that. Ties in with when I started properly paying attention to things but I’ve no idea how I forgot Vareille, Conway and Stewart Kean.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

They have some excellent players at this level though. Also at this level the gap between FT and PT is massively overplayed. As long as you have a strong enough squad then it won’t matter too much. At the end of the day it boils down to a good manager who has recruited well and has created a good team spirit. It speaks more to the rest of the clubs at this level who have failed at these fairly basic things.

I would agree all day about good recruitment at any level of the game. I bore myself saying what amounts to the same thing on here time and time again. 

Arbroath have benefitted no doubt from some excellent loan signings alongside a nucleus of good honest, hardworking pros. 

You watch them play and there's an understanding throughout the team, they seem to play with a purpose and belief. It's simple effective football, nobody goes missing, every player has a hunger, humility and honesty to their play. I really hope they can continue to rattle teams further up the league, who knows where it could take them. 

I still think that full time teams should have a massive advantage over part time teams over the course of a full season however. There should however be a definite gap between full time teams and part time teams. It would be interesting to know Arbroath's weekly wage budget, I suspect it wouldn't be close to an average full time Championship team. 

That Arbroath are still top is definitely an indication that the other teams, ourselves included, are falling short of the standards that they should be hitting. Whatever's being done needs looked at urgently and reassessed.

Arbroath have the best goal difference in the league, have the most shots on target and concede the fewest shots on target. This is no fluke. 

We had a go as a part time team in the Championship not that long ago. It didn't go well.

If Dick Campbell gets Arbroath promoted he should be the manager of the season and every other season they hand out the award. Huge credit to him and the club. 

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

68% .doing this quiz throws up some real shite btw

We've had a lot of mince over the years .

And some ive not heard of lol

Well that's been a wildly frustrating / angry start to the day.    Start as I mean to continue haha 

Screenshot_20220205-085656_Chrome.jpg