The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The one thing I’ve noticed with Ayr fans now that we are in the same division is that some, not all, of their fans are pretty disloyal. The amount of posts this season about not going to games until X manager is sacked or stopping their funding into what I guess is there sort of version of some sort of fan funding with the AU500 thing or whatever it is.

Ayr fans will no doubt just say this is me trolling but you only need to look through this thread this season to find examples of what I’m referring to. Even now with the upcoming derby game some “fans” are saying they won’t go because the team isn’t doing that well which I think is quite poor to be honest.

We’ve always been looked at in the media as a really crabbit group of supporters at Rugby Park but compared to you lot we could be supporting Happy Clappers FC.

Dixie Ingram was one of my Papa's favourite ever Ayr United players.

I met Dixie a number of years ago and told him that my Papa had always talked about him and the goals he'd scored. He seemed genuinely delighted to hear that. 

Dementia is a horrible disease. RIP Dixie.

9 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

The one thing I’ve noticed with Ayr fans now that we are in the same division is that some, not all, of their fans are pretty disloyal. The amount of posts this season about not going to games until X manager is sacked or stopping their funding into what I guess is there sort of version of some sort of fan funding with the AU500 thing or whatever it is.

Ayr fans will no doubt just say this is me trolling but you only need to look through this thread this season to find examples of what I’m referring to. Even now with the upcoming derby game some “fans” are saying they won’t go because the team isn’t doing that well which I think is quite poor to be honest.

We’ve always been looked at in the media as a really crabbit group of supporters at Rugby Park but compared to you lot we could be supporting Happy Clappers FC.

I stopped paying into our player find, I contributed since day 1 but I didn't want to pay extra any more due to the incompetent nature of the club at the time, was just pissing money against a wall due to bad decision after bad decision, this money is extra and the club shouldn't be guaranteed it.  

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I stopped paying into our player find, I contributed since day 1 but I didn't want to pay extra any more due to the incompetent nature of the club at the time, was just pissing money against a wall due to bad decision after bad decision, this money is extra and the club shouldn't be guaranteed it.  

You don't need to justify yourself to any DKB.

2 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Ayr have now sold 505 tickets for Killie game. Is it really worth the expense of opening the stand? Killie have sold double that for an away game to Arbroath live on TV. Now you see why there is only one team in Ayrshire. 

You could take 10,000 to arbroath on Friday night but it will always be called AYRshire ya fanny.

6 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

You could take 10,000 to arbroath on Friday night but it will always be called AYRshire ya fanny.

But you will always have K for Killie in your post code you loser.  What part of Kilmarnock Area are you in?

Edited by the west curve

Fans not paying money or stopping paying money into the AU500 fund is not disloyalty. If people feel that the money isn’t being utilised properly (and it would be very easy to argue that) then they don’t have to and the club should not just expect it.

49 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Technically they’ve not schooled us. They’ve actually barely laid a glove on us besides a brief spell in the second game of the season. We’ve been unlucky to only win once against them.

League table says different (but you knew that)

41 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

virginton is bad enough but a tribute act is fucking tragic. 

RIP Alex (Dixie) Ingram . A club legend who lit up the SRE and The Raiway End in his two spells with us . Fearless would be an understatement. . Blasted centre half’s twice his size , goal keepers as well . Many of whom were Scottish Internationals and or Lisbon Lions . One of his favourite victims was Billy McNeil , defending corners at Somerset became one of Billy’s least favourite jobs . Used to love the panic on defenders faces as Dixie came piling into them on the six yard line at full tilt .  Dixie gave no quarter and didn’t expect any either , many a time getting his head stitched at the pitch side , telling the doctor to hurray it up .....I doubt we’ll ever see the like again . Hopefully we can show our respects on Saturday.....

The thing that you can’t seem to grasp is that, unlike sevco, we have no external debt, therefore our brilliant benefactors are financing the delicious extras we are seeing at present. Sadly for you, there are therefore no pressures on us at all. We also have four times the core support that you have, despite you being based in a larger conurbation. I know you think the hundreds of thousands of pounds plus add on sales this produces doesn’t matter, but it really does. On the plus side I think your thread is very entertaining and passionate.

Ps...RIP Alex Ingram, probably the first Ayr player I can recall being aware of as a youngster.

4 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

The thing that you can’t seem to grasp is that, unlike sevco, we have no external debt, therefore our brilliant benefactors are financing the delicious extras we are seeing at present.

No external debt? You mean like Gretna?

remind me again what happened there when their wealthy owner got bored and stopped pumping money in…….