The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That was utterly fucking grim. The signings he has made and he sticks with the same hopeless lineup of McGinty in defence and Muirhead in midfield. Get Aero into centre half and get McGinty in the fucking bucket. We persevere with him at the back and we’ve no chance of beating the drop. 

When he puts Bryden on, who has shown next to nothing YET (he’s not had much game time or service) ahead of Tomi, it tells you all you need to know about that situation. Ever since Tomi had that shouting match with the fans in Dumfries, he’s taken the huff and not kicked a ball. 

Mark McKenzie gives his all and I love that. He will chase everything and work his arse off, but he’s never a footballer at this level. 

I think everyone is really willing LB to do well, but there’s really been nothing to give any hope whatsoever over the piece since he’s arrived. Hopefully he will take the deadwood out and his new signings can breathe a bit of life into us and drag us over the line. Our lack of goals is a serious worry now, we are so defensive until we go behind. Every game.

Agree with a few others that we need to put 2 up top. It’s not working with 1 AT ALL.

One positive is that Ashford looks a great signing from what he’s shown so far.

I just feel so disheartened supporting Ayr United right now..... 
The team just don't play the ayr united way.... We are still playing this utter crap 1 up front hoof ball which is absolutely fucking USELESS..... we don't even average a goal a game and that is just asking for trouble..... 
I would rather play 2 up front and just go for it than play this tentative defensive way and hope we can nick a lucky goal.... 
I actually for the first time in a long time don't really like out team.... They are very un likeable..... And the fans being OTT in criticicising players like Adeloye is just making the whole situation all that more toxic.... 
I think if we don't start playing a more attacking lineup NOW then we are a show in to go down.... 
I am one very disheartened Ayr fan just now....... 

Finally for all the good work that has been done behind the scenes..... The new Commercial manager needs to get his finger out and start working at encouraging new fans to the club.... For the size of town our level of fan base is embarrassing...... 

Go look at how Ross County manage their club...... 

Anyway I will follow Ayr no matter what happens.... But things need to change..... 

Sad times..... 

“For the size of our town our level of fan base is embarrassing”. At last, an Honest Man!

26 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I see the post-match comments are again along the lines of “tight game, unlucky goal”.

Already fed up hearing that after every defeat.

It's unlucky if it happens once or twice.

Beyond that, you need to wonder if you're actually unlucky or just shite.

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

We’ll need to bring Davie White back in for the last 2 games of the season at this rate.

He was in the dugout tonight sitting right next to Bullen talking to him. Looks like he's a coach now on the 1st team or something

I find myself more and more looking at the playoff positions in League 1 and wondering if we'd have enough to beat any of them since the players would probably have downed tools by then, if they had even picked them up to begin with.

I find myself more and more looking at the playoff positions in League 1 and wondering if we'd have enough to beat any of them since the players would probably have downed tools by then, if they had even picked them up to begin with.
Bold of you to think we'd finish 9th.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:
6 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Bold of you to think we'd finish 9th.

We beat Raith and Arbroath and QotS didn't...only thing I'm basing it on :lol: