The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I just feel so disheartened supporting Ayr United right now..... 

The team just don't play the ayr united way.... We are still playing this utter crap 1 up front hoof ball which is absolutely fucking USELESS..... we don't even average a goal a game and that is just asking for trouble..... 

I would rather play 2 up front and just go for it than play this tentative defensive way and hope we can nick a lucky goal.... 

I actually for the first time in a long time don't really like out team.... They are very un likeable..... And the fans being OTT in criticicising players like Adeloye is just making the whole situation all that more toxic.... 

I think if we don't start playing a more attacking lineup NOW then we are a show in to go down.... 

I am one very disheartened Ayr fan just now....... 

Finally for all the good work that has been done behind the scenes..... The new Commercial manager needs to get his finger out and start working at encouraging new fans to the club.... For the size of town our level of fan base is embarrassing...... 

Go look at how Ross County manage their club...... 

Anyway I will follow Ayr no matter what happens.... But things need to change..... 

Sad times..... 

Edited by OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Like it or not, writing players off after two games is a bit silly. If they have two utter howlers then fair enough but Ashford, Gondoh and Dempsey have shown that they can offer us something decent.

I agree with this, signing new midfielders to fix the problem and still playing Muirhead, Murdoch and one other in the same shape is what failed us and keeps failing us. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Like it or not, writing players off after two games is a bit silly. If they have two utter howlers then fair enough but Ashford, Gondoh and Dempsey have shown that they can offer us something decent.

Gondoh?  I think anyone who was at the Accies game on Saturday will tell you he looked completely out his depth.  He was supposed to be fast and direct but looked a yard off the pace of the game.  Maybe a full pre-season can do something for him, but I’ve seen nothing from him to suggest he’ll make much of a difference in the short term.  Hopefully both on loan players start on Saturday.  Houston is absolutely rank and needs dropped and we desperately need somebody more progressive in the midfield ahead of Muirhead.

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Gondoh?  I think anyone who was at the Accies game on Saturday will tell you he looked completely out his depth.  He was supposed to be fast and direct but looked a yard off the pace of the game.  Maybe a full pre-season can do something for him, but I’ve seen nothing from him to suggest he’ll make much of a difference in the short term.  Hopefully both on loan players start on Saturday.  Houston is absolutely rank and needs dropped and we desperately need somebody more progressive in the midfield ahead of Muirhead.

Gondoh looked decent against Morton when he came on tbf. He really should have been introduced tonight to see if he could produce something similar. 

On the other hand he looked quite lively against St Mirren when we got him involved. I’m pretty sure itzdrk said that Gondoh was the one who had been racially abused a day or two before the Accies game so maybe that played a part in his off day. Wingers, at the best of times, are hugely inconsistent. I still think he should be our first choice at right wing.

If Bullen sets us up positively then we are more than capable of beating every side in this league. 

I want to see Muirhead in defence, Rowe/McInroy starting, Maxwell and either Gondoh or O’Connor out wide.

If he continues with Muirhead and McKenzie in midfield, then he can f**k off frankly. As he can if he continues to use a 17 year old to make a point in a high pressure environment. 

Edited by No_Problemo

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

That could have been said before and after every game he's picked a team for and yet here we are. 

I can (sort of) understand Bullen setting up negatively/cautiously for the first couple of games he was in charge of, not wanting to lose his first games in charge at a new club, new squad of players to manage etc.

However if he goes with the same negative tactics against Dunfermline on Saturday, in a critical to our season game, then I'd at a complete loss as to what he was trying to accomplish.

We still don't have someone to take control of the midfield, That should have been fixed in the window and I doubt an under 20 on loan will manage it. 

There was a good 5m between Houston and McGinty at the back that Graham exploited for thistles goal, the pass was deflected but that is a huge gap that shouldn't have been there. 

We need to play Adeloye and Ashford, we need forward players to play in the opposition half, we need to look like we want to win a game. 

Bullens after match quote, we are not far away. From what Lee? Airdrie away next year? 

11 minutes ago, munro7 said:

————————McAdams—————————

Rowe——Baird———Muirhead—Reading

O’Connor—Murdoch-McInroy—Maxwell

——————-Ashford—Adeloye—————-

Absofuckingloutely....... 

This is what we are screaming out for...... 

Play THIS TEAM till end up the season and we may have a chance....... 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

We still don't have someone to take control of the midfield, That should have been fixed in the window and I doubt an under 20 on loan will manage it. 

There was a good 5m between Houston and McGinty at the back that Graham exploited for thistles goal, the pass was deflected but that is a huge gap that shouldn't have been there. 

We need to play Adeloye and Ashford, we need forward players to play in the opposition half, we need to look like we want to win a game. 

Bullens after match quote, we are not far away. From what Lee? Airdrie away next year? 

I might be wrong, but things look like they’ve completely disintegrated with Adeloye.  If Bullen was hoping the stick rather than the carrot was the correct approach to man managing Adeloye then he’s fucked it completely.  Throwing on an unproven 17 year old ahead of him was desperate stuff.

2 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

I can (sort of) understand Bullen setting up negatively/cautiously for the first couple of games he was in charge of, not wanting to lose his first games in charge at a new club, new squad of players to manage etc.

However if he goes with the same negative tactics against Dunfermline on Saturday, in a critical to our season game, then I'd at a complete loss as to what he was trying to accomplish.

You could understand a mentality of, first things first, we'll be hard to beat. 

I can't understand what he's trying to do. 

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

I might be wrong, but things look like they’ve completely disintegrated with Adeloye.  If Bullen was hoping the stick rather than the carrot was the correct approach to man managing Adeloye then he’s fucked it completely.  Throwing on an unproven 17 year old ahead of him was desperate stuff.

Any manager with common sense, would have had an arm round their top scorer from the second they were in the door to find out how to get the best out of them. 

The excuse is mcinroy and Dempsey are just in the door, Dempsey has already played two games, I’m praying he doesn’t get injured. After a training session or two there’s no excuses on Saturday. Bullen has his squad and however we line up then its completely on him, there’ll be no limitations. Hope things look very different to tonight.

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Adeloye has 10 goals for the season while being crap 40% of the time. we need to tolerate that percentage and work around it to try and get more goals from other areas and add to his total. 

That was my first league game since October, and I don't think I've celebrated a goal in person since Afolabi scored up in Arbroath.

We were poor tonight. The long balls were draining my soul (I know the pitch was horrendous, but look at the goal they scored). Their CBs were winning every single header.

Bryden was the wrong player to bring on, and McInroy should have had at least 45 minutes. I really do have a sinking feeling that we are going to finish 9th/10th...

Bullen has to play 4-4-2 and it's as simple as that.

Highlight tonight was McCall getting booked.

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You could understand a mentality of, first things first, we'll be hard to beat. 

I can't understand what he's trying to do. 

I was watching the match on the stream, which was terrible, but from what I could see I did think we were much improved compared to the last two games against Thistle. Ashford looks quick and we contained Thistle for the majority of the game. The team does seem to be working hard at least which is a big change from Duffy's last game in charge. It was hard to tell for sure on the stream but it looked like we were very lucky on at least one occasion not to concede a penalty.

The pitch was nearly as bad as the stream which spoiled the game for both teams but I think we'll all want and expect to see more football being played on Saturday.