The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The minute the team was announced, you knew exactly what was going on. Whether it’s been Hopkin, Duffy or Bullen, the shitebag tactics haven’t worked and it’s only taking us one place and that’s league 1.

Aye we are just so fucking boring to watch, and rightly or wrongly it's been decided that the only player in the squad thats likely to score any goals is too lazy / bad attitude to play.  Pretty depressing really. 

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I am beginning to think that this appointment is ANOTHER mistake.

Here was me thinking that Ayr had been 'taking their time to get the right man' in place, as opposed to 'just handing the job to the first jobber ex-player who applied (such as Imrie, D.)'. 

b9faf552-0b32-4474-a64b-7cc9e7100a08.jpg.7c45700f0f35f28205f86b93462f0965.jpg

Seriously, the next time we appoint a manager we should just pick a name out the phone book.  Bullen has shown absolutely nothing since taking over - Duffy got more of a reaction than he has.  The 2 on loan boys look, unsurprisingly, like they might have some pedigree.  The other 3 look like what they are - pub league jobbers.

Sorry but this is nonsense. I think people are forgetting how bad we were under Duffy. We did okay until he was actually given the job full time and then we only won one league game after that. A manager isn’t going to improve players after a few weeks beyond making them put more effort in. I think they’ve shown that more under Bullen than they did under Duffy.

McInroy and Rowe cannot be judged at all but yeah the latter did okay in his cameo but the other three do not deserve to be written off so quickly. Writing players off after about two games is the absolute calling card of a moron. Especially when Ashford scored in the previous game and Dempsey did absolutely fine.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Adeloye couldn't get off the pitch and down the tunnel quick enough

The plan tonight was clearly to set up for a 0-0...

And tbh, I don’t blame him - couldn’t be a more blatant sign of Bullen trying to send him a message with his subs. In normal times, maybe - but this isn’t the time for it. We are utterly desperate!

I thought McInroy looked very promising in his 10 minute cameo and the young RB also looks like he could be a player.

I agree with much of what's been said, however I'd also say we deserved a point tonight and apart from the one lapse by Baird (I think) there really was nothing between the sides which WAS a big improvement from our previous 2 meetings.

That said, we were playing a pretty poor Thistle side and not a Xavi and Iniesta inspired Barcelona.

McInroy has to start next week and I'd have Rowe in for Houston.

Up top, who knows ??

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sorry but this is nonsense. I think people are forgetting how bad we were under Duffy. We did okay until he was actually given the job full time and then we only won one league game after that. A manager isn’t going to improve players after a few weeks beyond making them put more effort in. I think they’ve shown that more under Bullen than they did under Duffy.

McInroy and Rowe cannot be judged at all but yeah the latter did okay in his cameo but the other three do not deserve to be written off so quickly. Writing players off after about two games is the absolute calling card of a moron. Especially when Ashford scored in the previous game and Dempsey did absolutely fine.

It definitely wasn’t as bad as under Duffy, it still wasn’t good. 

I’ll give Bullen the benefit of the doubt tonight as the new signings were just in the door. If we see a similar team on Saturday though, I will be beyond worried at his decision making. 

Regardless, his substitutions are already into incredibly worrying status. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Still coming out of games with f**k all though...

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Here was me thinking that Ayr had been 'taking their time to get the right man' in place, as opposed to 'just handing the job to the first jobber ex-player who applied (such as Imrie, D.)'. 

b9faf552-0b32-4474-a64b-7cc9e7100a08.jpg.7c45700f0f35f28205f86b93462f0965.jpg

The thing with a new manager bounce is, you come back down at some point. 

Imrie is a fucking idiot, its only a matter of time. 

Keep gloating though, it definitely wont come back to bite you

I’ll give Bullen the benefit of the doubt tonight as the new signings were just in the door. If we see a similar team on Saturday though, I will be beyond worried at his decision making. 

Of course it isn’t good but people saying that we’re worse now than under Duffy is just wrong. At worse we’re about the same but we at least have the odd shot on goal. His subs are bizarre but that’s pretty standard when the team is so bad that you have no idea what can actually improve it. For all the calls to get wide players on (myself included) it probably wasn’t the game for it. Would’ve been better to throw on Bryden and Adeloye and sacrifice Aero and McKenzie. Rowe for Houston clearly shows that Bullen knows the latter doesn’t offer enough going forward and he doesn’t. I hope he starts on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Saturday essentially a must win, at home against a relegation rival.