The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:
2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:
Sometime they get streamed on YouTube.

Not worth watching if it's those two Geordie c***s though. Fitzy streams on Twitter will prob have a link and should be some on r/soccerstreams on Reddit

I'd be watching on mute anyway lol

2 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

Bad a look at the expected rangers team and I wouldn't be to worried could hopefully be a shock on the cards come on you honest men

There's nothing to fear. If you go into these kind of games being frightened of getting a doing then a doing is what you'll get. I hope McCall is taking the mentality that it's a winnable match.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Surprised by what the Ayrshire Post is saying with it looking like Andy Geggan will move in midfield.

I've not seen the post but it did cross my mind that Harvie and Smith would be the full backs with Kerr rested and Geggan taking his place in midfield. Docherty could have been an option but a bit of a risk throwing him in at Ibrox when he's not been playing.

As I posted yesterday, I've actually had a change of heart on this one and would prefer if we just played our full 1st choice starting 11, as if expected Rangers rest a few and play youngsters / dumplings, then I do really think we have a realistic chance of beating them.

Of course, we also have plenty of options where McDaid or / and Moore could come in for Moffat or / and Forrest, however their link up play isn't anywhere near as good in my opinion and I'd rather we just went for the kill. If we get stuffed (a la QOS) then fair enough, however we could equally pull off a similar result to Dens if Rangers are playing a weakened side and aren't quite at it..............

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I hope we go for it. I understand the league is the priority, but I’d love to actually have a go at winning a cup and think this squad is our best chance in years.

Agreed. In the past when we have played in such games, there seems to have been some people with the mentality that we should be delighted to just have got to the latter stages of a cup and that our players should just enjoy getting to play against one of the alleged "bigger teams".

I don't buy the idea of there being "bigger" clubs that have some divine right to win trophies and such - there is only differences in resources and finances. Anything can happen in a game of football as we saw last night at Old Trafford, for example. Ayr United are in a cup quarter-final on merit and are currently top of the league. We are not a plucky wee team enjoying a moment in the spotlight - a shot at cup glory awaits if we win tonight.