The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

And just at that, there’s a Dundee Utd page on Twitter saying that Scott Burns is linking Louis Appere from them to us on loan. Can’t find Burns actually saying anything about it though but maybe it was removed.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

And just at that, there’s a Dundee Utd page on Twitter saying that Scott Burns is linking Louis Appere from them to us on loan. Can’t find Burns actually saying anything about it though but maybe it was removed.

Yes the Express reporting that both ourselves and Dunfermline interested in Appere. But only if DU sign McDonald will he be allowed to leave

31 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Tbf Robbo we've lost 3, Bradley, Chalmers and technically Salked 

I would reckon we will have definitely 1 or even 2 very soon , nothing ITK just vides around online , but sounds like a definite 1 

14 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Yes the Express reporting that both ourselves and Dunfermline interested in Appere. But only if DU sign McDonald will he be allowed to leave

And Barnsley, Blackpool…. doesn’t sound like the type of proven player we’re hoping for, maybe better giving Bryden more game time.

And Barnsley, Blackpool…. doesn’t sound like the type of proven player we’re hoping for, maybe better giving Bryden more game time.

He’s played more games than Bryden and from what I remember did quite well with Dundee United when they were at this level.

5 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Not really - Appere has a good number of appearances at this level and one above - would be a decent signing IMO. I don’t think we are better giving an unproven 17 year old more game time tbh. If he is getting minutes off the bench and can impact games then he is doing well! 

36 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'd take him in a minute, always thought he was one of their most dangerous players.

3 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Similar record to Afolabi

No way !!

Appere is a classy footballer and any time I've seen him either in the flesh or on TV he stuck out in a positive way.

33 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Are you any further with signing Maxwell permanently? McCall is talking about signing a wide player, but not a winger! Maxwell seems to fit that description. Might be someone else though.

Surprised at that as he tended to just shoehorn Crawford in as a wide player, rather than through his more natural (and effective) central role. 

4 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Appere would either be coming to play wide in a front 3 or in a similar role to Bradley played in behind Adeloye. His main job would be to create chances and if he chipped in with 4 or 5 it would be a bonus.

My only thoughts are that we already have Gondoh and O'Connor so while I like Appere as a player, I'm not sure that's the position that needs strengthening as a matter of urgency.

Jury's still out on Louis but he's got all the physical and technical attributes to be a good player. Great physique, good technique and decent pace .. but, he doesn't impose himself on opposition players in the way that you would expect a guy of his size to do. He should be knocking defenders all over the shop but doesn't really do that. That said, he's still relatively young and very much a confidence player. Wouldn't surprise me to see him really kick on if he can get a regular game (although, equally, it would be a shock if he were disappear without a trace).

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

I would reckon we will have definitely 1 or even 2 very soon , nothing ITK just vides around online , but sounds like a definite 1 

Yep not a gripe just an observation Robbo, sure your right thought still business to be done