The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 11/05/2018 at 16:05, itzdrk said:

Saw him play against Morton 20s the other week, pretty sure he wasn't playing against Clyde 20s in the other game I went to.  

On that night he was probably the worst on the park, everything was just kind of going wrong for him on the night so hopefully that was just a one off, can't imagine he would be a regular for them if that was standard fare.  

I'm no taking any judgement from that and hoping someone like @callum-ayr will have something better to say 

I’ll need to pass, I’ve not made many games this year due to work and this is his first full year at under 20s level so hasn’t seen much if any of him last year. More a ball playing centre half from the Little I know (probably more down to his height).

I would be surprised to see Ecrepont play this year in the league, he’s 16 this year, maybe get him game time in the Betfred cup, but championship with little to no senior experience would be tough.

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Forrest is probably the one who has a big season to prove himself, last time in the championship he got bullied about the place.

He got played as a lone striker most weeks and got the ball hoofed to him!

1 hour ago, somerset_lad said:

See Avci is away to Stranraer.

Called this. The writing was on the wall for him when Hare-Reid was signed and he got shipped out to Troon. Best of luck to him, never really got the chance. Have we another David Mitchell/Jackson Longridgde type of transfer from Ayr to Stranraer?

52 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’ll need to pass, I’ve not made many games this year due to work and this is his first full year at under 20s level so hasn’t seen much if any of him last year. More a ball playing centre half from the Little I know (probably more down to his height).

I would be surprised to see Ecrepont play this year in the league, he’s 16 this year, maybe get him game time in the Betfred cup, but championship with little to no senior experience would be tough.

Nathan Baird was predominantly a right back this season, with Ballantyne and Griffiths in the centre.

Called this. The writing was on the wall for him when Hare-Reid was signed and he got shipped out to Troon. Best of luck to him, never really got the chance. Have we another David Mitchell/Jackson Longridgde type of transfer from Ayr to Stranraer?

Hopefully not!

Haven’t seen Longridge play much at all really since leaving us but he was all over the place defensively in both games against Dundee United.

Hopefully Hare-Reid gets a decent loan move for next season. It would be nice if we actually loaned our young players to league two - as opposed to the juniors then released. Surely some of our older/better 20’s players could get a loan move to utter dross like Cowdenbeath. Otherwise there’re never really going to make it at this level.

I would send McGuffie on loan until January to a league one side - he has never really had a regular run.

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

^^^ Doing away days wrong. The Mallard is up there with the GOAT imo. 

I'm delighted - think there are 9 grounds i've never been to left, and Ross County (plus Falkirk new one and Dundee Utd) are 3 of them.  Add that to the fact the in laws are from Greenock and are Morton fans, and a work pal a Dunfermline fan i'm buzzing about the away days this season

Edited by Hursty

14 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I would send McGuffie on loan until January to a league one side - he has never really had a regular run.

I certainly hope this doesn't happen.

McGuffie has that something about him that can turn a game in a minute. He made some very important contributions for us last season coming off the bench and while I'd agree that he maybe hasn't kicked on quite as hoped, he's still got lots to offer us in the Championship as a squad player at the very minimum.

Just now, WATTOO said:

McGuffie has that something about him that can turn a game in a minute. He made some very important contributions for us last season coming off the bench and while I'd agree that he maybe hasn't kicked on quite as hoped, he's still got lots to offer us in the Championship as a squad player at the very minimum.

Agree, I’d be more inclined to see someone like Leon Murphy go on loan. An as an example, sure McCall could speak to Murphy and look at one or 2 going there to develope. Plus Leon has family there, so would get good support.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Agree, I’d be more inclined to see someone like Leon Murphy go on loan. An as an example, sure McCall could speak to Murphy and look at one or 2 going there to develope. Plus Leon has family there, so would get good support.

Any idea what the contract situation is with the younger boys? Murphy, Hilton, Faulds etc? 

I don’t disagree with you, however how is he ever going to develop getting ten minutes here and there?

Six months playing every week to come back flying in January would be ideal.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Any idea what the contract situation is with the younger boys? Murphy, Hilton, Faulds etc? 

Thibk they’ll be offered terms similar to last year. Thought Ballantyne wouldn’t been released to be fair, so think him and Hilton may be offered terms as well.

Alloa, part time with the potential of Jim Goodwin being odds on favourite to replace Jack Ross at St Mirren should he go. 

If we went down next year without the play-offs, shut the club.

Alloa would be a better addition than Brechin have been but their key players have proven not to be good enough for the championship, depends on what they do over the summer I guess. 

Alloa, part time with the potential of Jim Goodwin being odds on favourite to replace Jack Ross at St Mirren should he go. 
If we went down next year without the play-offs, shut the club.
Alloa would be a better addition than Brechin have been but their key players have proven not to be good enough for the championship, depends on what they do over the summer I guess. 

Trouten has obviously signed for them but he’s never proven himself in the Championship. He’ll score a few goals from the spot but I can see him being a bit of a let down tbh.

Stewart, Parry and Kirkpatrick could probably cope but there’s not many others in that team that I’d be too worried about.