The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

What’s the point?

Far rather talk about that than GPS, folk not liking ITK posters, Adeloye or any of the other shite been spouted on here in the last couple pages.

Hopefully he’s a good addition although I’m not sure what kind of midfielder he is. Either way it’s another body in and I’m sure it won’t be the last.

27 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Came out the blue 😂

After everyone around him watching their language the whole game, he comes out with that 😂

It's also my new background 👍

This his first wee finger? 

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He is going to need to be very good - I would rather it was someone with a proven pedigree as it’s one of the main areas of the team requiring a massive improvement. Let’s hope he gives us what we require, definitely a risk! If he isn’t very good then we are fucked. 

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If this is the case then stick a fork in us the now. Let's hope Bullen has the  ability to adapt quickly and correctly.

We played 532 to start with Maxwell and Gondoh in wide central midfield. 

Changed to 4132 with Muirhead stepping in to DM. 

Took Maxwell off at half time for O'Connor and flattened the midfield 4. 442

Went to 433 for a bit then made the subs for the strikers and back to 442.  

Yes it got more progressive but we set ourselves up to fail from the off which is our usual downfall.  

We played 532 to start with Maxwell and Gondoh in wide central midfield. 
Changed to 4132 with Muirhead stepping in to DM. 
Took Maxwell off at half time for O'Connor and flattened the midfield 4. 442
Went to 433 for a bit then made the subs for the strikers and back to 442.  
Yes it got more progressive but we set ourselves up to fail from the off which is our usual downfall.  

Suppose the bright side is that if there was a game to experiment with two wide central midfielders and a singular holding midfielder it was in a game that won’t define our season.

Bullen says he’s learning about the squad which I have no doubt he is but it’s more to do with learning how little he can rely on them and that we need three players minimum to stay up.

He's got to be better than Chalmers who is an empty shirt most weeks and at least he is a midfielder unlike Muirhead who been a round peg in a square hole for almost a year now, today was always going to be a big ask and if we got some kind of result would just paper over the cracks a bit like the Raith and Arbroath results, wasn't at the game but by all accounts we seemed to improve in the second half let's hope we can at least use that at Hamilton next week, just hope we treat it as a must win game not a must not lose game and try play for a point.

Just now, ComradeDiego said:

You optimistic aye?

You know I'm a happy go lucky guy about Ayr :lol:

This guy might be good, we've been losing our collective minds at the lack of midfielders coming in, we look to have got one and it's just brushed off as a 'why bother'.  

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Cant disagree with you on that 

I can , do we have the budget for 3 more players ? It’s ok shouting we need X amount of players but is the cash there ?? No one will want any of our players for a swap deal. 
I hope I’m wrong but somehow getting through to the end of the season without being binned into the 1st div seems to be the plan. 

Edited by motley123rock

You know what really annoys me (and I've not read the last 3 pages so sorry if its been covered) but Alloa were 2 down to Celtic at half Time and made a game of it and Lost 2-1.  If we had been 2 down to that exact same Celtic side at HT what do we think it would have ended, 4? 5? Easily.   Morton took Motherwell to extra time.  We would have lost 3 or 4 nil at Motherwell today and game would have been over by half time.