The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Right Ayr.. sign some competent defenders and an actual goal scorer otherwise we are fucked.

Only us lot would shell out for a recruitment team to not recruit anyc*nt.

The recruitment team are focused on finding a star from the lower leagues in England, unless hes the next Glynn Hurst, you're correct, we're fucked

Edited by diege

1 hour ago, flood said:

Would you not prefer the chance to attend match, than play with 500 home fans?

The harsh reality is that we are in serious danger of being relegated. I think Kilmarnock were weaker when the game was originally due to be played and while I'm clearly not saying we would have got anything from the game I think we would have had more of a chance to get a point. A point could make all the difference come the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

How many times do I need to tell you I am ITK no more than you , everything I post on here is my opinion, and rumours are copied from other sites and sources outwith Ayr United  , I can assure you getting any information from people within the club does not happen any longer , I have not posted any names of players or anything confidential from club , if you take everything I say as gospel and coming from the club you could not be further from the truth 

Cmon mate your a bit like the school cleaner with all the wee titbits.

7 minutes ago, rgreig said:

The harsh reality is that we are in serious danger of being relegated. I think Kilmarnock were weaker when the game was originally due to be played and while I'm clearly not saying we would have got anything from the game I think we would have had more of a chance to get a point. A point could make all the difference come the end of the season.

I assumed that with us having a much lower base than Kilmarnock, that relatively speaking we would improve more than they would by rearranging the game. Unfortunately we are just as bad as always, whereas Kilmarnock have strengthened significantly. 

If the central midfielder to save our season is a loan player from league one in England, who has only played at conference level then it’s a pretty huge risk and we certainly don’t seem to be going down the route of quality signings to substantially improve things. 

Edited by No_Problemo

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Things  have gone awful quiet on the punt Afolabi back to Celtic scene...

I am in my mid 40’s and haven’t played an organised game of football for at least 10 years but am confident that I have more of a future in professional football than Afolabi. 

I would say he deserves a chance under a new manager, maybe Duffy wasn’t the right manager for him to thrive under but it hasn’t improved any of the other members of the squad

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Despite the score, The boyo had a Fantastic day today. His first time at a football game and, of course, he had a million questions 😂

He definitely wants to go back to Somerset and more than anything, see an Ayr goal. We toured Somerset park during the game because he "only has wee legs and can't stand too long" (Despite him dangling from the terracing railing for the majority)so we had to get a seat 😅

He loved seeing the team in real life, singing the songs and the atmosphere. Knows that another day, the score would be better 😊👍

Above all, he loved the Panda 😂 His eyes lit up as soon as he saw him 😂

Overall, I think we have another Honest man in the making and one very proud and happy daddy😊👍

PHOTO_COLLAGE1642879515255.png

That middle finger photo is heroic, love the wee man having a great time.  Hope he learns Photoshop fast. 

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I am in my mid 40’s and haven’t played an organised game of football for at least 10 years but am confident that I have more of a future in professional football than Afolabi. 

I would say he deserves a chance under a new manager, maybe Duffy wasn’t the right manager for him to thrive under but it hasn’t improved any of the other members of the squad

He didn't take too kindly at being asked for a photo. Maybe an attitude thing. 

Stop doubting yourself though Diego! Your professional football career is lying in wait, as a replacement for McGinty 👍 110% improvement already.

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That middle finger photo is heroic, love the wee man having a great time.  Hope he learns Photoshop fast. 

Came out the blue 😂

After everyone around him watching their language the whole game, he comes out with that 😂

It's also my new background 👍

My worry is Bully doesent think that Mcginty is S—— when we all know he is. Is he less Shite than Fjortoff, I don’t think so his two best at the back are Baird and Muirhead all the Stmirren boys I spoke to said Baird is ok with somebody decent beside him, and they just laughed when I told them we were playing Mcginty and that he was captain, unbelievable was the comments.

The first goal he mistimes his jump  again for the umpteenth time( he only jumps a couple of inches)  the second goal he kicks the ball straight to the Stmirren player who then starts the move for the second goal and yes we could have done better after his mistake.

And the myth that Bully doesent get on with him I saw them both after training the other day and there was laughing and joking between them outside the ground. All this gps stats is nonsense the point has been made make the system work for Adeloye or we are truly F——- he’s the only chance we have of getting out of this absolute mess and I nearly forgot get Mcginty in the sea where he should have been early doors.

7 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

This player of the year do will be a hoot, will be like a scene from Goodfellas at this rate. 

It will be like the Razzies Vs the Oscars

The most incompetent defender goes to

The least improved footballer goes to

The worst manager of the year goes to

Henry Cavill The Brits GIF by BRIT Awards - Find & Share on GIPHY 

15 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

He didn't take too kindly at being asked for a photo. Maybe an attitude thing. 

Stop doubting yourself though Diego! Your professional football career is lying in wait, as a replacement for McGinty 👍 110% improvement already.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Just not much time left to replace him even if he goes tomorrow.

Limbering Up GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'll get my boots dubbin'd in the morning. 

Are we over thinking it?  Since they sacked Gus for not beating us Morton have brought a manager in who seems to have got his team working working hard and has got 2 strikers in Ugwu and Reilly linking up well. Neither of them would be dynamite if we signed them and gave them the "chase long balls whist also going short to link up play whilst anticipating every McGinty and co punt and winning the header off it all on your own" role that we seem to need to fill. 

Edited by Hursty

Just not much time left to replace him even if he goes tomorrow.

Imo either Celtic don’t want him back or we’re holding onto him until we find someone else. That way if we can’t bring another striker in then we aren’t down a body.