The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Agree, that's why I offered the second line. 

Just an opinion from someone concerned at how negative he is. 

I know you're not out to get him it's just that we're only 3 games in.

I believe Bullen will be a success and I'm much more positive about him relative to the last two charlatans. He's bound to make mistakes as it's his first time as the main man. With Mathie and Glendinning on board recruitment should get better in the long term. I am also hoping and praying they have a rabbit or two in the hat for January. 

It's aggravating. If someone is in a position to milk their ITK status then the last thing they should be doing is mixing that with opinion.

You can do both. You realise that the reason he posts stuff is because there’s a lot of people who actually want to know some of the stuff behind the scenes. It’s not milking it.

You being incapable of knowing when he’s offering an opinion or posting something ITK is your own issue. And to get so worked up over it is kinda weird.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Does anyone know why Adeloye was dropped? No

So why are folk getting so worked up over speculation?

Robbo is a volunteer as far as I know so I wouldn’t say he’s fully ITK as he’s only relying on what some other people he speaks to have heard. For folk to start wetting themselves because they’ve taken his opinion as gospel is there own fault.

Yes, but I would caveat that by saying that if Adeloye isn’t starting next weekend I will be incredibly worried. 

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I really hope Bullen brings in his own backroom. Too many players and coaches have been at our club when we've been failing. Standards have dropped and I'd hate for some of these charlatans to taint Bullen's tenure as well.

I'm fully behind Bullen but he needs to clean house with the imposters on the pitch and the sidelines. Some of them he won't be able to clear out until the summer on the playing side. However, he needs people he trusts in and around him imo. I hope Mathie and the Board realise that. The playing side should be obvious but the coaches are failures too.

I appreciate this is harsh but the last two seasons have been abject shite. We need to break the cycle.

This, the lack of backroom team is beginning to look pretty poor tbh. 

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It's aggravating. If someone is in a position to milk their ITK status then the last thing they should be doing is mixing that with opinion.

How many times do I need to tell you I am ITK no more than you , everything I post on here is my opinion, and rumours are copied from other sites and sources outwith Ayr United  , I can assure you getting any information from people within the club does not happen any longer , I have not posted any names of players or anything confidential from club , if you take everything I say as gospel and coming from the club you could not be further from the truth 

Edited by Finlay21

Lee Bullen was appointed over two weeks ago and we still haven’t announced his assistant manager or backroom staff. I’d of thought that sort of stuff would of been discussed during the recruitment process.

Also despite what people are trying to pass off on here our transfer window so far has been average at best. We still have a week or so to rectify this but i won’t hold my breath. I guess we were on a hiding to nothing when Bullen/Mathie we’re both saying we needed 2/3. I think Bullen maybe stretched it to 4 in one of his interviews. 

This is pish btw.  You can't just ask guys to run about headlessly.  He was given no genuine service to work with cause trash like Muirhead are humping the ball as hard as they can. 

This is true but I’d imagine it’s more from a defensive POV. When you look at how Moffat and then Bryden played out of possession against Arbroath, I don’t think Adeloye would’ve carried out those instructions as well as they did.

He clearly prioritises staying in the same place so that he’s ready to run for through balls or aimless punts but given how shite we are it’s just as important for him to stopping the other team building attacks as easily as they do. I don’t think he’s lazy but I also don’t think he’s clever enough to realise that the last thing we need right now is someone who just hangs on the shoulder or only does his work in the penalty box.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I know you're not out to get him it's just that we're only 3 games in.

I believe Bullen will be a success and I'm much more positive about him relative to the last two charlatans. He's bound to make mistakes as it's his first time as the main man. With Mathie and Glendinning on board recruitment should get better in the long term. I am also hoping and praying they have a rabbit or two in the hat for January. 

See what the boy from Charlton is like I guess but the tactics are worse than Duffy so far! 

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can do both. You realise that the reason he posts stuff is because there’s a lot of people who actually want to know some of the stuff behind the scenes. It’s not milking it.

Even with the club's formerly atrocious social media strategy, there was no way e.g. the Todorov debacle should have been allowed to play out on here.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You being incapable of knowing when he’s offering an opinion or posting something ITK is your own issue. And to get so worked up over it is kinda weird.

I'm through responding to this.

Edited by Thumper

Thought that Tomi, Bryden and O’Connor looked decent towards the end of the second half. It wasn’t exactly 1970s Brazil but it was improvement than whatever that formation was in the first half.

Would be good to see those 3 and Gondor on the other wing.

It merely irritates me. Where it gets problematic is when it comes to players, who are as capable of reading social media as anyone ele. Club volunteers coyly hinting that players were dropped for their GPS stats purely to get greenies on here is beyond the pale.

Your outburst suggested it more than merely irritated you. If you thought that Robbo was hinting at something then maybe just clarify it with him before going off on one.

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Pish. Even with the club's formerly atrocious social media strategy, there was no way e.g. the Todorov debacle should have been allowed to play out on here.

It merely irritates me. Where it gets problematic is when it comes to players, who are as capable of reading social media as anyone ele. Club volunteers coyly hinting that players were dropped for their GPS stats purely to get greenies on here is beyond the pale.

Where did I say he was dropped just for  gps ! His performance against Morton was poor as a very high number of fans said on here last week , maybe that why he was dropped , not interested in greenies as I said anyone can praise or slate me makes absolute no difference to me or what I post , there’s only 1 person who knows why Adoloye was dropped and everyone else on here including myself are only surmising why we think he was 

Edited by Finlay21

28 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

This is pish btw.  You can't just ask guys to run about headlessly.  He was given no genuine service to work with cause trash like Muirhead are humping the ball as hard as they can. 

A fit Cammy Salkeld is the GPS hero.  Would hope we are hoping for more than "runs aboot hunners" as a marker though.   

1 hour ago, Young Eddie said:

Welcome, decent Killie poster.

My thoughts are that I'm struggling to understand why Ayr agreed to moving the game in the first place. 

We have now given your mob the chance to get a new manager, players and the chance to have about 7000 of your unwashed townspeople cheering on your side, and paying ££ into your club.

Unless we we were given an undisclosed financial sweetener to agree to it, why on earth did we?

Perhaps @finlay21 can enlighten us.

I thought this at the time - madness from us! 

40 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm sure I passed you guys on the outside of Somerset Road before the game. Think your lad was impatient and at the turnstiles before they had opened 😂 nice to see an eager young fan join our ranks. Glad he had a great day! 

Should have said Hello 😊👍

We visited McDonalds and went a wander downtown and back before the game. We literally got the 10 o'clock train from troon as he was that excited for the game 😂

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We’re genuinely so fucked if GPS trackers are being used as a serious measurement of how hard players are working. 

I agree. Some George Orwell type shit right there. Wonder if the guy looking at the trackers wears a tinfoil hat 🤔