The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

People criticising mcadams on the SRE too today for not coming off his line enough. I thought he looked decent enough but isn’t confident coming because of the shite that’s supposed to be protecting him. 

Having thought about it I would like another three in along with the cm that we have apparently signed. Another striker, another attack minded cm and a central defender 

19 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

The bloke isn't in the game now, in the second half I saw him jog back when the back 4 were under pressure as if he was in the London Marathon. When he's on the ball, it's going sideways, he's lost his energy since his injury. 

It's a shame for him but the 18/19 Murdoch is a million miles away, he's simply getting individual basics wrong. 

He's the one central midfielder we have who actually looks remotely like a Championship footballer. 

I get that people see things differently but our current squad must ultimately bring the few talented guys down to their level.

Murdoch deserves huge credit for even getting back to playing full time football after his injury, he might never get back to previous standards and with that might come some inconsistent performances or quiet spells in games but he's talented enough to adapt his game if we can get enough talent around him in the middle of the park. 

We need all the talent we can get in this squad. Hopefully he's got plenty more games ahead of him in an Ayr shirt. 

27 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

The bloke isn't in the game now, in the second half I saw him jog back when the back 4 were under pressure as if he was in the London Marathon. When he's on the ball, it's going sideways, he's lost his energy since his injury. 

It's a shame for him but the 18/19 Murdoch is a million miles away, he's simply getting individual basics wrong. 

He was superb against Raith a couple of weeks back and outstanding against Arbroath the following week as we actually tried to play some football.

The problem is that he's being swamped when we play this negative way and on the few occasions that we play through the Midfield or gets missed out with the high / long aimless punts !!

Hopefully this boy from Charlton will make a huge difference.

5 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

He's the one central midfielder we have who actually looks remotely like a Championship footballer. 

Agree.  If (when?) we go down I'd be absolutely astonished if Andy Murdoch came down with us.  He'd have 3 or 4 Championship offers easily. 

46 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Seem to keep doing the same things with the personnel and getting the same result. 

To have 2 midfielders at the club for a start is a shambles, but we keep only playing one. We play one up front and have them totally isolated,  we try to play quick passes and counter attack rather than try and retain possession. There is little or no movement from the wide players because they sit so deep. 

We don't have someone to control the midfield and dictate the play, we lump the ball forward and put ourselves under pressure immediately. The defence is pish but we put it under so much pressure because of our style of play. 3 Managers now have done this and it hasn't worked. 

We need at least 2 defenders in and 3 midfielders to turn this around fully and so far we have brought in a winger. If we leave this window with the same defence then we will be bottom of the league by valentines day and relegated by Easter. 

The Ayr directors seem more interested in their pub at the ground than the team. 

Really poor again and regardless of some of S—— we have Bullen isn’t inspiring me tactically

If he thinks Mcginty is a good defender and makes him captain that is really worrying

M O M for McKenzie aye for running about a lot cos that’s all he does, boy should be nowhere near the first team a sub at best

New contract for Houston very uninspiring  there are better full back in the juniors, tell me the last time you seen him over the half way line

Much as I love him Moff is past it like McKenzie impact player from sub

And bringing on the young boy at 17 to change the game come on your having a laugh

That’s  nearly half the team  today and I could have included more no where near good enough

Seaside here we come with the most expensive back room team in Ayrshire history.

I try to stick up for Callum, but that first question: speaking about lots of positives.... especially that second half performance! 

What second half performance, we were fucking shite. Honestly f**k off with that nonsense. 

At best, it was less bad than the first half. 

ETA, Bullen’s interview was decent this week - my only question remains that if you are playing two up front it it frankly baffling that you choose McKenzie and Moffat. 

Edited by No_Problemo

5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The fact he’s been dropped should be raising question marks. The instagram thing still hasn’t been explained 

He seems to be a very huffy player , not sure he liked the part that Bullen said he wants 100% for whatever time any player is on the park 

Was good to be back at Somerset to see a game in person after the recent debatable restrictions but that was probably the only real positive from today. St Mirren were the better team and deserved to win.

Felt that for the first few minutes we were offering something, Maxwell (I think) dragged a shot just wide of their post after around a minute and we were getting the ball forward.

Then we concede from another floated ball into the box in what was St Mirren's first real attack. After that we looked toothless the entire remainder of the first half, so it was not particularly suprising when they got a second. I do think during that first half Gondoh did show signs and he was trying to create something with his runs.

We looked  improved on the first half in attack in the second half but the same terrible defensive weakness remained. Adeloye and Bryden seemed to add some presence up front when they came on. Was suprised when Gondoh was subbed off as McKenzie wasn't having a great game.

For the Hamilton game next week I'd start Gondoh and O'Connor. They both seemed to give us at least some forward drive and energy and I'd have Adeloye or maybe Bryden up front. McGinty has had chances to improve and is still a bombscare at any high ball into our box. Not sure who could replace him if Bullen wants to keep 4 at the back.

Edited by Oceanlineayr

I try to stick up for Callum, but that first question: speaking about lots of positives.... especially that second half performance! 
What second half performance, we were fucking shite. Honestly f**k off with that nonsense. 

At best, it was less bad than the first half. 

Aye it was an improvement but we basically just went direct and threw everything at them.

I think the thing is that Bullen is still trying to work out what his best team is but it’s impossible to do so when so much work is needing done to it. It’s not as if we have the players here to turn it round. We’re still 3-4 players short in key areas and he’s having to make do until he gets them in.

If Adeloye has taken the huff then he can sit on the bench for all I care. Bullen is demanding the bare minimum from his players by asking for 100% and if that’s enough to cause a strop then that’s telling.

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

He seems to be a very huffy player , not sure he liked the part that Bullen said he wants 100% for whatever time any player is on the park 

Everyone has a different personality. 

Tomi is our best striker by an absolute mile, it is now Bullen’s job to get the best out of him for the rest of the season. If we attempt to play with Moffat and McKenzie as our strikers, we are as good as relegated. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Everyone has a different personality. 

Tomi is our best striker by an absolute mile, it is now Bullen’s job to get the best out of him for the rest of the season. If we attempt to play with Moffat and McKenzie as our strikers, we are as good as relegated. 

Agree but needs to follow same rules as everyone else , no one is bigger than the club 

That was a real tepid performance. Not any passmarks imo. There is an out as it was a free hit to a degree but I found that very worrying. I think we are in real trouble if we don't sign some proper players. The majority of this shower are useless. We're in for another relegation scrap. On the last two performances we are relegation fodder.

Very concerning - we need reinforcements  pronto. Why have we not signed a central midfielder? We've needed one for 18 months and have had 3 different managers and no central midfielders have come in. 

Edited by Trogdor

2 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Was suprised when Gondoh was subbed off as McKenzie wasn't having a great game.

I thought that as well. I don't think we've seen Gondoh and Adeloye together on field yet, despite the talk of their partnership. I think if O'Connor was on one side, Gondoh the other, there's a higher chance of creating something, pending a strengthened midfield. McKenzie looked knackered but he's a trier.

5 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

McGinty has had chances to improve and is still a bombscare at any high ball into our box. Not sure who could replace him if Bullen wants to keep 4 at the back.

Literally. F*cking. Anybody.

Your Dad. Your neighbors dog. A cardboard cut-out of Jeremy Clarkson. The spirit of Stephen hawking. A fart in the wind. A Recently ran over hedgehog.

Literally anything is better than that absolute hindrance and abysmal player. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye it was an improvement but we basically just went direct and threw everything at them.

I think the thing is that Bullen is still trying to work out what his best team is but it’s impossible to do so when so much work is needing done to it. It’s not as if we have the players here to turn it round. We’re still 3-4 players short in key areas and he’s having to make do until he gets them in.

Yeah, I think sometimes I get annoyed as we have seen so many of these combinations being so hopeless over the last year or two and get frustrated when they are repeated. Bullen hasn’t had that luxury. For example a front two of Moffat and McKenzie last season was dreadful, and completely toothless. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Adeloye has taken the huff then he can sit on the bench for all I care. Bullen is demanding the bare minimum from his players by asking for 100% and if that’s enough to cause a strop then that’s telling.

I very much doubt he has taken a strop around a comment about giving 100%. Regardless, if Tomi is on the bench, we are down. He also didn’t look like he was in a huff when he came on tbf.

Evening Lads, I come in peace 

Now we are both out the SC, should Killie & Ayr be asking for the Derby game to be moved from the 9th to Saturday 12th Feb?

A bigger crowd you'd imagine and I doubt the SPFL would object because of the SC ties considering they allowed the Pars V ICT to be played this afternoon.

What your thoughts, considering at present Ayr are scheduled to play 4 games in 11 days.....

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

McKenzie as man of the match must have been a troll. I don't know why he got as many minutes as he did tbh.

Yeah, he was absolutely terrible,  (I’m assuming Maxwell was injured) but tbf it was an incredibly difficult choice.