The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

So by the time we play St Mirren on Saturday the transfer window will have been open for just over three weeks,  I had hoped that we would have had most of our dealings completed  by now in order to give the new guys a hit out against St Mirren , before the more serious business of Dunfermline, Accies and QoS come along . Alas we seem to be in a bit of a jam again . 

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He was certainly rated higher than McGinty by Morton fans but they seemed to rate Baird more. 

Aye but most Morton fans would rate their gran higher than McGinty and Baird would definitely be rated streets ahead of the other two.

Fjortoft was one of those players that seemed to get rated higher and higher the longer he didn't play, largely by the fact he wasn't McGinty and McGinty was playing.

The original point about Fjortoft being the better one on paper doesn't stack up though. A stream of managers have all now had McGinty ahead of him.

14 minutes ago, North British said:

So by the time we play St Mirren on Saturday the transfer window will have been open for just over three weeks,  I had hoped that we would have had most of our dealings completed  by now in order to give the new guys a hit out against St Mirren , before the more serious business of Dunfermline, Accies and QoS come along . Alas we seem to be in a bit of a jam again . 

I don’t think we are in any jam , I trust the club have everything in place and have confidence we will have a stronger team before we play Hamilton 

Aye but most Morton fans would rate their gran higher than McGinty and Baird would definitely be rated streets ahead of the other two.
Fjortoft was one of those players that seemed to get rated higher and higher the longer he didn't play, largely by the fact he wasn't McGinty and McGinty was playing.
The original point about Fjortoft being the better one on paper doesn't stack up though. A stream of managers have all now had McGinty ahead of him.

“A stream of managers”

3? McPherson, Duffy and Bullen. Hardly a stream is it?

Hopkin and McElhone too

Forgot about the PE teacher. Hopkin played him regularly with us, no? Well in the games between Fjortoft coming back to fitness and Hopkin getting sacked he was played.

I don’t particularly rate Fjortoft but I truly fail to see how he’s a worse option than McGinty.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Forgot about the PE teacher. Hopkin played him regularly with us, no? Well in the games between Fjortoft coming back to fitness and Hopkin getting sacked he was played.

I don’t particularly rate Fjortoft but I truly fail to see how he’s a worse option than McGinty.

Fae Morton 

The keeper is ok the rest are absolute dross

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is it cos McGinty (Christ knows how) is the club captain?

McGinty’s been captain at most clubs he’s played for. He’s clearly got leadership qualities. He’s generally very good in the air, but he seems to mentally switch off several times a game. Plus he’s very one footed. It’s not just one foot being stronger than the other. It’s the right foot being virtually non-existent.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

I don’t think we are in any jam , I trust the club have everything in place and have confidence we will have a stronger team before we play Hamilton 

Were told that about Hopkin as well in the summer. 

My hope has gone with the club over the last couple of years and I can't blindly hope they get it right any more and i'll just wait to see who they bring in. If they don't bring anyone in then they deserve criticism, we have known since July that this team was pish.  

My hope has gone with the club over the last couple of years and I can't blindly hope they get it right any more and i'll just wait to see who they bring in. If they don't bring anyone in then they deserve criticism, we have known since July that this team was pish.  
I think the massive difference is that we now have Mathie and Glendinning. They are being paid to recruit, whereas Hopkin didn't have them at their disposal.

On the backroom front I don’t recall the club mentioning ANY expected changes there, but it keeps being raised? Are we just assuming new manager = new coaches?

They said in the statement announcing Bullen that they were going to get to work getting what he needs for his back room staff.

21 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
40 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think the massive difference is that we now have Mathie and Glendinning. They are being paid to recruit, whereas Hopkin didn't have them at their disposal.

Aye, the proof will be who they bring in. I'm not expecting or hoping they make an arse of it but I'm not building my hopes up that they will solve all or even partially. 

McCall was able to tempt good players to Ayr, we have struggled since he left, It could be where we train, or the money we offer but we have struggled to pick up decent players. 

So that's us linked with a defender and knowingly after a midfielder but no sounds about a striker. We badly need one to replace Afalobi and who can be relied upon to step up when Adeloye has off days. 

Whats the name of that Burnley striker everyone was going mental over in the summer?

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

So that's us linked with a defender and knowingly after a midfielder but no sounds about a striker. We badly need one to replace Afalobi and who can be relied upon to step up when Adeloye has off days. 

Whats the name of that Burnley striker everyone was going mental over in the summer?

Harker?