Jump to content

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

I think it’s pretty obvious Bullen knows where he needs improvement in the team , he has said a few times he has irons in the fire ,takes a bit longer to get players from Premiership clubs due to their break and some  teams deciding to keep players due to the new 5 sub rule in Premiership , next signing is important , but I think he will get the players he neads

You heard of any names or positions being mentioned. 

Have to agree with you aswell i fear this 5 sub rule in the premiership may affect things... hope i'm wrong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having just watched the highlights, which i know doesn't paint the full picture.

However we didn't look near as bad as some folk on here are making out, before they scored we looked as if we were attacking as well as the Raith and Arbroath game and should have scored. 

Then when they scored since we're down the wrong end of the table the players obviously lose a bit of confidence and i think that showed with the rest of the highlights as there were no more spells of attacking like when Reading went on his run down the wing.

First goal is from our own corner which is never good, the midfield put no pressure on the ball carrier and then you could have fit a bus in the gap between McGinty and Baird which Reilly strolled into. Second goal was the same with Reilly dropping in to a massive gap between defenders. 

Tend to agree with Bully that if we'd taken a goal for our early attacking intent i think it would have been different game but we didn't, hence why we need another striker in to help Adeloye and also an attacking midfielder to carry the ball into the final third and have that vision to create things and make those defence splitting passes.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Well, there's something far wrong then when we're denying our own season ticket holders but letting in opposition "fans" just because the paid an extra couple of pounds each.

If that's the direction we're heading then I'm finished.

You’re directing your anger at the wrong people then. The Scottish Government have put these rules in, not the club. The club are just maximising income as best they can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gondoh's wee camo shows he's got something about him looking forward to seeing what he can do when he's up to speed. Tommi looked miles off it yesterday read somewhere he had COVID not sure if true but maybe he's still recovering from that even then he's got to make the keeper work with the chance early on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Gondoh's wee camo shows he's got something about him looking forward to seeing what he can do when he's up to speed. Tommi looked miles off it yesterday read somewhere he had COVID not sure if true but maybe he's still recovering from that even then he's got to make the keeper work with the chance early on.

He's been injured too so very doubtful he's 100% fit, put it this way his run in on goal was the carbon copy situation of the Raith goal and if you compare the two it was night and day compared to what happened yesterday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/01/2022 at 12:11, rb123! said:

You heard of any names or positions being mentioned. 

Have to agree with you aswell i fear this 5 sub rule in the premiership may affect things... hope i'm wrong

Midfielder and I name I think everyone will know 

 

edited 17/01/21

This is now in doubt , nothing to do with Ayr side of business 

Edited by Finlay21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You’re directing your anger at the wrong people then. The Scottish Government have put these rules in, not the club. The club are just maximising income as best they can.

Totally agree with you , no club can afford to turn down sponsorship in these tough times , a respectable company took out the sponsorship, club was not to know that the people they sent would  let themselves and their company down , 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

That defending...

ETA, the highlights don’t show who was marking Reilly at the first. Reading appears to be marking Ugwu, with Baird covering the front post - I’ll suggest it was McGinty (they were both blaming each other afterwards)

Two fullbacks massively fucked that.  Reading has made McGinty come out of position, then has a chance to get round the side to get it back or slow him down but the usual from him means it's no happening, Baird actually takes up a good position as between him and the goalie they should cut it out, Houston is the spare man watching Reilly and he canny be arsed.  At the point Reilly is hungry and looking for the ball Houston is stopping.  For once I'm laying no blame at those two idiots in the middle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You’re directing your anger at the wrong people then. The Scottish Government have put these rules in, not the club. The club are just maximising income as best they can.

100%, this is all fault of the Mammy and Clownshoes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Having just watched the highlights, which i know doesn't paint the full picture.

However we didn't look near as bad as some folk on here are making out, before they scored we looked as if we were attacking as well as the Raith and Arbroath game and should have scored. 

Then when they scored since we're down the wrong end of the table the players obviously lose a bit of confidence and i think that showed with the rest of the highlights as there were no more spells of attacking like when Reading went on his run down the wing.

First goal is from our own corner which is never good, the midfield put no pressure on the ball carrier and then you could have fit a bus in the gap between McGinty and Baird which Reilly strolled into. Second goal was the same with Reilly dropping in to a massive gap between defenders. 

Tend to agree with Bully that if we'd taken a goal for our early attacking intent i think it would have been different game but we didn't, hence why we need another striker in to help Adeloye and also an attacking midfielder to carry the ball into the final third and have that vision to create things and make those defence splitting passes.  

There is some truth in what Bullen said - we did start well as we kept the ball well, which allowed Maxwell, McKenzie, Murdoch and Reading to get up the park in support of Adeloye. Morton then noticeably changed things and pushed further up - we then reverted to punting then ball up the park and basically into a very defensive 4-5-1. 
 

After the first twenty minutes or so, we were woeful. 
 

Chalmers often found himself as the spare man in midfield, peeling off into the left hand side - which frankly is pointless as he doesn’t have the athleticism or the ability to provide anything from that position. 
 

It was worrying how long it took Bullen to change it though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Two fullbacks massively fucked that.  Reading has made McGinty come out of position, then has a chance to get round the side to get it back or slow him down but the usual from him means it's no happening, Baird actually takes up a good position as between him and the goalie they should cut it out, Houston is the spare man watching Reilly and he canny be arsed.  At the point Reilly is hungry and looking for the ball Houston is stopping.  For once I'm laying no blame at those two idiots in the middle. 

I mostly agree with this. Ugwu has obviously done McGinty, but it is a wonderful bit of skill. Full backs mostly to blame IMO. 
 

The centre backs more to blame for the first goal, although Houston failed to stop the cross too. As you said above I think Baird is taking up the same position at the first goal, and McGinty behind him fails to track Reilly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, AuAl said:

Get McGinty in the fucking sea and please bring in a centre mid. Preferably one that can do a lot of running. Pretty please.

Tbh I'd rather we punted all defenders. Can we? Is there any way? 

 

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:


I’ve no idea what happened with the first but VOR said the cross was deflected which may have caught the defenders out. Second goal was a mixture of Reading having the piss taken out of him by Ugwu and then him being allowed to get a shot off which was diverted in by Reilly. I’m guessing that given it came from the right hand side then McGinty is more at fault there.

McGinty was far from good but he certainly wasn't the worst yesterday. 

Muirhead was horrendous as was Chalmers but it always seems to be McGinty that gets all the major stick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, JohnGAYR said:

How many times is that you have been “finished”. 
I am losing count.

What are you talking about ??

I've NEVER said anything like that before old pal.

The point I was making, which was obviously lost on you and others, was that if our club is now denying our season ticket holders in favour of opposition fans who are willing to pay an extra couple of quid, then SERIOUS questions need to be asked !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

 

McGinty was far from good but he certainly wasn't the worst yesterday. 

Muirhead was horrendous as was Chalmers but it always seems to be McGinty that gets all the major stick.

At the game, it was Tomi that got just about every single bit of stick though! 
 

Hopefully the lengthy Muirhead experiment at central midfield is now over, and ideally a central midfielder this week and Chalmers as a starter is now over too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McGinty was far from good but he certainly wasn't the worst yesterday. 
Muirhead was horrendous as was Chalmers but it always seems to be McGinty that gets all the major stick.

Muirhead was shite, agreed. Chalmers was also poor apart from the first 15-20 minutes when I thought he was going to have a good game.

McGinty gets stick because he has been at fault for maybe 6 or 7 goals this season and although he wasn’t the only one at fault yesterday he did have a poor game. If we aren’t going to sign a centre half then we have to go with Baird and Muirhead. I don’t particularly rate either of them that highly but it’s the best of a bad bunch.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...