The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is it supposed to be today that we’re getting a pre match interview with Bullen?

He's quit cause he's had to talk to Callum every day since he started. 

Only fair to point out that the person/people who are now doing social media are relatively new to it. From experience, it takes a wee while to find out what works/what doesn't. It's hard to judge the right tone and develop an 'style' for the account that works and doesn't annoy people. 

I remember sending an ill advised tweet when we were getting pumped at St. Mirren in April 2017 - something along the lines of 'Comeback is on' when we scored to make it 5-1 - that a prominent poster on here took exception to. He was probably right and I learnt from that. 

Also, fans obsession with signing new players is a bit weird. Maybe chill out on that a wee bit? 

28 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Only fair to point out that the person/people who are now doing social media are relatively new to it. From experience, it takes a wee while to find out what works/what doesn't. It's hard to judge the right tone and develop an 'style' for the account that works and doesn't annoy people. 

I remember sending an ill advised tweet when we were getting pumped at St. Mirren in April 2017 - something along the lines of 'Comeback is on' when we scored to make it 5-1 - that a prominent poster on here took exception to. He was probably right and I learnt from that. 

Also, fans obsession with signing new players is a bit weird. Maybe chill out on that a wee bit? 

Fair point. 

Other than the obsession with signing new players - we are hugely short so I don’t see it as as weird that people enjoy us making new signings. It can provide optimism, excitement and of course hopefully improve our performances dramatically. 

When we got linked to Goodwillie, there were some takes from both sides and folk tagging the club like our chairman will see every tweet sent on to the account. There's some utterly wild takes out there. I had someone complaining that one of the local papers has an article behind a paywall and that it was 'ridiculous'. The lad who wrote the article is one of the best journalists at a local level which makes it worse.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I don't accept that is the function of the academy.  It's one of them but they exist for much more IMO

E.g. teams at that level are generally made up of guys who won't make it who's sole function is to be a teammate of the 3/4 who might. 

Right, but that's within the academy. If you graduate and sign with a club then that implies you're something more than an extra.

14 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Right, but that's within the academy. If you graduate and sign with a club then that implies you're something more than an extra.

Afterwards aye for the individual, but the bit I'm replying to was about the purpose of an academy. 

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

This is a genuine question: are people aware that football academies are designed to generate players ready to play professional football? That is people who actually graduate from these academies, as opposed to flunking out of them at some point (probably because some bald man decided that they weren't tall enough) and spending the first half of their twenties dossing around at Stenhousemuir or Albion Rovers.

Perhaps that happens more often at other clubs. In addition to playing for the academy team Ecrepont went to a performance school. After spending years developing through this he looked ready to be given a chance. Does he look close to getting a game currently? 

It's great that Bryden is getting his moment in the limelight. I imagine he's even more motivated to push on now, not that he seemed to lack desire.

What I really like about the coverage this has been getting, though, is it sends a message to every young kid and, more importantly, their families. If you join Ayr's academy you'll be given every opportunity to make it and the club wil back you. If that helps us get even one young player who might have gone elsewhere and who makes the first team, it will have been worth it.

The press conferences are quickly going to become the best of B&W TVs output. All good questions and Bullen is pretty decent at that side of things whereas Kerr, Hopkin and Duffy were pretty terrible in front of a camera.

It sounds like if things progress the way they are on the signing front then the club should have no issues in getting the players in that they need although I noticed he said if we lose players we need to be prepared so I’m not sure if he means that a club has enquired about a player or if he means Maxwell or maybe in case we lose a player to injury. I’m not quite sure but for the first time in a while I’m confident we aren’t going to be left scrambling around for players.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The press conferences are quickly going to become the best of B&W TVs output. All good questions and Bullen is pretty decent at that side of things whereas Kerr, Hopkin and Duffy were pretty terrible in front of a camera.

It sounds like if things progress the way they are on the signing front then the club should have no issues in getting the players in that they need although I noticed he said if we lose players we need to be prepared so I’m not sure if he means that a club has enquired about a player or if he means Maxwell or maybe in case we lose a player to injury. I’m not quite sure but for the first time in a while I’m confident we aren’t going to be left scrambling around for players.

Agreed - it was very good!

I actually took the loss part to be in terms of the players that they are in talks with to sign. 

Very good press conference

Fanstastic to see player morale with Bully and coaches seems to be sky high too, plenty of good back and forth between Moff and Bully there and also saying about Aero having to bring in the cakes tomorrow for losing the training drill shows that the place seems to be a much happier place. 

Light years difference from a month ago under the cloak and dagger of Duffy.

If the players are enjoying their training during the week we're giving ourself half a head start for playing well on Saturday's and getting a result, just need to keep backing it up on Saturday's now

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Enjoyed the press conference defo something different wonder with all the new stuff on B&W TV If the club will start charging for it soon, will be disappointed if the put highlights behind a paywall.

Think paying for it is a long way off 

Amazing how the club have turned it around since mid December, they just look such a professional outfit now, just watched the press conference which was excellent, might just pop into Cameron's for a few tonight, we're on our way aren't we ?

12 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Amazing how the club have turned it around since mid December, they just look such a professional outfit now, just watched the press conference which was excellent, might just pop into Cameron's for a few tonight, we're on our way aren't we ?

Even outside getting improved , car park has been levelled out and already it has started to have tarmac put down 

Edited by Finlay21

Even outside getting improved , car park has been levelled out and already it has started to have tarmac put down 
That is 20 years overdue, so thank f**k that's been done. I know we didn't own the car park though. More potholes than flat surface!