The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Wee guy absolutely buzzing today getting told he was going out on BW tv and announced on social media that he signed his first  professional contract , looks on here to see what fans think of it  , and sees the underwhelming comments ( apart from a very few who at least say well done before criticising his imminent 
Aye, I doubt very much he gives a shit what the folk on P&B think of it.

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Wee guy absolutely buzzing today getting told he was going out on BW tv and announced on social media that he signed his first  professional contract , looks on here to see what fans think of it  , and sees the underwhelming comments ( apart from a very few who at least say well done before criticising his imminent 

I hope some look back on this and laugh at their comments when he's banging in 30 goals a season for us.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Think it's unfair to play the "we already knew this" card.  

Not everyone did know this (I didn't) and he still deserves his moment being signed like everyone else. 

Was just going to say same. Not everyone who follows Twitter / Facebook page will have watched post match interview.     

Also worth adding I've seen at least half a dozen (probably more) other teams this week use whatever their version of "signing news/imminent" looks like for contract renewals etc is and folk don't seem to get angry.  

If we had signed him on a senior contract and not put an announcement out you can GUARANTEE there would be complaints of "the social media communication from the club is a disgrace not even announcing it".

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Was just going to say same. Not everyone who follows Twitter / Facebook page will have watched post match interview.     

Also worth adding I've seen at least half a dozen (probably more) other teams this week use whatever their version of "signing news/imminent" looks like for contract renewals etc is and folk don't seem to get angry.  

If we had signed him on a senior contract and not put an announcement out you can GUARANTEE there would be complaints of "the social media communication from the club is a disgrace not even announcing it".

Put an announcement out, don’t use the imminent banner - simple! It obviously isn’t a massive issue, just a slight disappointment but I’m sure signing news will come. 

Edited by No_Problemo

4 minutes ago, Young Eddie said:

Great news for Fraser and the club that he has signed a pro contract. Hopefully good times ahead.

It's definitely not worth an #imminent though. If the club start overusing that hashtag it will just diminish its effect. 

Complain Chick Fil A GIF by John Crist Comedy

9 minutes ago, Young Eddie said:

Great news for Fraser and the club that he has signed a pro contract. Hopefully good times ahead.

It's definitely not worth an #imminent though. If the club start overusing that hashtag it will just diminish its effect. 

All new signings are imminents , he was a new signing , why is he not entitled to  one yet Gondoh yesterday was ? I personally think he was more entitled to one seeing that he was one of our own , singing in terracing 3 weeks ago then first contact and playing against team top of the league 3 weeks later 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

All new signings are imminents , he was a new signing , why is he not entitled to  one yet Gondoh yesterday was ?

So when bullen is talking about wanting 3/4 new signings people from the academy count?

Announcing a youth player signing his first contract is absolutely not a new signing. 

Yes, it’s fantastic that he is an Ayr fan getting his first professional contract and is a good news story but he is seventeen and with all youth players has absolutely miles to go to make it as a professional. Once he has earned his way as a professional, then he can get his imminent! 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Being sent as I write this , if you prefer you can pick up in shop , if you ordered online it was automatically sent to you , for the pre orders they had to be input manually and sent individually, doing this on top of day job did  extend the timescale , will be tomorrow morning before all tickets are sent , everyone who called shop with their details on Monday before the 5 pm deadline has a ticket 

Thanks for the update. Happy to come in and pick up ticket. Got some things to pick up for the grandkids. Thanks as always.

Not sure if someone else will already have mentioned this but I heard Bullen took all of the players and back room staff (not sure about other club staff) out for a meal last week that he paid for out of his own pocket. Nice move and you would imagine an early start for some positive man-management.