The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Watched both Gondoh's and Bullen's interviews just there. Sounds like this could potentially be good signing for us. Always helpful when there's a preexisting relationship with one of the players at a new club, so it's good to hear he knows Tomi.

Nice that we also got a signing in relatively early. Hopefully means extra focus on other possible signing targets.

5 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Watched both Gondoh's and Bullen's interviews just there. Sounds like this could potentially be good signing for us. Always helpful when there's a preexisting relationship with one of the players at a new club, so it's good to hear he knows Tomi.

Nice that we also got a signing in relatively early. Hopefully means extra focus on other possible signing targets.

Is there a new Bullen interview? I missed that!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Hursty said:

There was that interview recently with Adeloye, Nouble and Obileye I think where they were saying the non league London scene is mental with players changing clubs constantly and that plenty were therefore looking to come to the likes of Scotland to get away from it.  

Exactly. You'd think people would eventually realise that having a big bunch of non-league clubs on your CV is not a red flag. This isn't even a new thing, it's just that up until Wikipedia existed it was too difficult to track these things if you weren't compiling a local almanac.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It doesn't help that B&W TV doesn't use such silly things as URLs to separate its content out, or even to indicate what's subscriber content and what isn't. Or for that matter that you need to click on the middle of a video to get it to play.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Just watched it and got my fix.

Did I hear Callum mention a press conference tomorrow. Could that be for Bully's backroom team? 🤞

What a contrast from getting pumped by Queens a month ago. We're definitely moving in the right direction.

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Where’s that name come from?

Just one I suggested last Thurs when @ayrunitedfw asked us on here if any players had recently followed the club. They hadn't but Global Team Management had done early last week and Maja was the only person GTM ever mention on social media and he hadn't played in Enfield's last 5 matches.

Possibly Gondoh was always the target and the interest started a lot more than 24 hours ago. Strange he was ready to play for Wealdstone last night having already played elsewhere unless non-contracts don't count towards the 2 clubs a season limit or they don't in England but do cross border hence the rush.

Just now, Trogdor said:

Did I hear Callum mention a press conference tomorrow. Could that be for Bully's backroom team? 🤞

What a contrast from getting pumped by Queens a month ago. We're definitely moving in the right direction.

Going to be an interview every Thursday with manager , giving pre game thoughts on BW tv 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Going to be an interview every Thursday with manager , giving pre game thoughts on BW tv 

I thought Callum was taking the piss when he said that 😂

Excellent!

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

Given Global Team Management followed the club last week and the Gondoh deal was only in under 24 hours I wonder if Emmanuel Maja was the initial target and if he still is.

I wonder if he's related to Josh Maja, the young striker who left Sunderland for Bordeaux in the Netflix documentary? 

A Google search for Emmanuel shows him to have had a trial nearly 4 years ago at Man City when he was 17, described by his then coach as one of the most technically gifted midfielders at his club. 

His careers gone a bit awry since its fair to say but it looks like the kind of profile and talent that Mathie and Bullen might be interested in. 

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I wonder if he's related to Josh Maja, the young striker who left Sunderland for Bordeaux in the Netflix documentary? 

A Google search for Emmanuel shows him to have had a trial nearly 4 years ago at Man City when he was 17, described by his then coach as one of the most technically gifted midfielders at his club. 

His careers gone a bit awry since its fair to say but it looks like the kind of profile and talent that Mathie and Bullen might be interested in. 

It’s his brother 

It is admittedly ironic that what looked at the time as a panic signing by Hopkin has been followed up by a similar, supporting one that people are now nodding sagely at.

I do hope to f**k they have the sound sorted for this press conference tomorrow. f**k knows why Bullen even had a mic sitting in front of him there considering that he might as well have been talking into a cone from the opposite side of the pub.

Edited by Thumper

It's great to see Kelly going to Salford. Apparently Scholes had asked personally for him. How cool to be summoned by Scholes, hopefully shows Kelly a trick or two and we can watch that boy in a Scotland shirt in the near future.

Gondoh looks a promising signing, though we've yet to see the best from O'Connor. Maybe O'Connor, Adeloye and Gondoh would be a good attacking three, with McKenzie or the Moff fitting in behind.

Hopefully when we get a new central midfielder, it's someone that we've all heard of. 

It is admittedly ironic that what looked at the time as a panic signing by Hopkin has been followed up by a similar, supporting one that people are now nodding sagely at.
I do hope to f**k they have the sound sorted for this press conference tomorrow. f**k knows why Bullen even had a mic sitting in front of him there considering that he might as well have been talking into a cone from the opposite side of the pub.

I think the big difference is that we knew we were in for Todorov and he was clearly supposed to be our main man. To lose out on him left us in a scramble as there were no really obvious targets left. Hopkin took a punt on someone he admittedly knew about and had tried to previously sign but it was a panic signing all the same.