The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Mate I’d take anything at this point. So much positivity just now why not build on that keep it going?

Yes, even some sort of statement along the lines of "we're looking at a few players and would hope to have 1 or 2 in for Saturday" .

As you say, just to keep the interest and the excitement up for the fans as we all know we're woefully short in the playing department at the moment, especially in Midfield and up top !!

19 minutes ago, Iain said:

I do like player announcements, but I also miss the excitement of showing up on a Saturday and finding there's a new player involved.

I remember turning up for a league game in 2003 I think and there was a player in our lineup that I'd never heard of then and haven't heard anything about since.

His name was Bossy or something like that. 

ETA - it was this guy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabien_Bossy

Edited by Richey Edwards

With it sounding like 3 permanent signings we must be going for guys who are currently with clubs and will be working at getting an early release from their contract at their current club. Things like that can usually drag on to nearer the end of the month... especially as some clubs like to hang off incase they get any injuries and suddenly become short of players for a certain area.

24 minutes ago, Iain said:

I do like player announcements, but I also miss the excitement of showing up on a Saturday and finding there's a new player involved.

The glory days of being 10 or 11 when Simon Stainrod was in charge and shouting over at random new players during the warm up "mate what's your name" and being absolutely delighted when they replied 🤣

AP didn’t suggest any signings were imminent and only said that Bullen was meeting with Mathie and Glendinning at some point this week to discuss transfers. Feel like it might be next week before we see anyone coming in.

The manager is barely on first-name terms with the existing squad yet. A squad which of late has shown that it isn't entirely useless, for that matter. It wouldn't be surprising if any signings took a while to materialise.

Surprised peopkle aren't feverishly combing the Wednesday 23s and picking out all their favourite like they were sweeties though, that was all the rage in the summer when the Burnley fantasies were in full bloom.

39 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I remember turning up for a league game in 2003 I think and there was a player in our lineup that I'd never heard of then and haven't heard anything about since.

His name was Bossy or something like that. 

ETA - it was this guy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabien_Bossy

32 minutes ago, Hursty said:

The glory days of being 10 or 11 when Simon Stainrod was in charge and shouting over at random new players during the warm up "mate what's your name" and being absolutely delighted when they replied 🤣

I rarely missed a game home or away during that time and even then I was turning up on a Saturday and didn't know about half our team !!

I remember reading somewhere that we had apparently broken a record by using about 54 different players in the starting line up in a season, keeping in mind this was the days you only had 2 or 3 subs permitted !!

Having said that, it was exciting if not always great !!

23 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The manager is barely on first-name terms with the existing squad yet. A squad which of late has shown that it isn't entirely useless, for that matter. It wouldn't be surprising if any signings took a while to materialise.

Surprised peopkle aren't feverishly combing the Wednesday 23s and picking out all their favourite like they were sweeties though, that was all the rage in the summer when the Burnley fantasies were in full bloom.

Did anyone else notice last week that Bully kept referring to the "young boy going back to Hibs". 😂😂

Where is Rob Harker these days? 🤔

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

AP didn’t suggest any signings were imminent and only said that Bullen was meeting with Mathie and Glendinning at some point this week to discuss transfers. Feel like it might be next week before we see anyone coming in.

I know that Bullen has only just arrived but I'd hoped that Mathie and Glendinning would have already identified / got the ball rolling on a couple of guys at least, especially when they knew that Bradley was gone and that Salkeld was out of the picture.

It's just a bit annoying that the clubs who already have an abundance of available talent are the ones that have been quick to add while we're down to the bare bones and haven't got anything / anyone in place yet.

If it had been St Mirren this week then that would have effectively given us a free week but the fact it's a huge 6 pointer against Morton I'd have hoped that we would have had reinforcements in place in time for this.

Having said that, I suppose it's better to get the right guys in and if it takes an extra couple of weeks then so be it, so long as we do indeed get quality players in.

The matches coming up against Dunfermline and Hamilton are obviously huge, so it's imperative that we have a fully equipped squad by the time these games come around in a couple of weeks of that there's no doubt....

I know that Bullen has only just arrived but I'd hoped that Mathie and Glendinning would have already identified / got the ball rolling on a couple of guys at least, especially when they knew that Bradley was gone and that Salkeld was out of the picture.
It's just a bit annoying that the clubs who already have an abundance of available talent are the ones that have been quick to add while we're down to the bare bones and haven't got anything / anyone in place yet.
If it had been St Mirren this week then that would have effectively given us a free week but the fact it's a huge 6 pointer against Morton I'd have hoped that we would have had reinforcements in place in time for this.
Having said that, I suppose it's better to get the right guys in and if it takes an extra couple of weeks then so be it, so long as we do indeed get quality players in.
The matches coming up against Dunfermline and Hamilton are obviously huge, so it's imperative that we have a fully equipped squad by the time these games come around in a couple of weeks of that there's no doubt....

I think we’ll be fairly down the line with 1-2 guys already but we’re at that stage where the club can’t really come out and say anything until they officially sign. If they say that they hope to have a new signing for the weekend and then it doesn’t happen they risk annoying the fans more.

I’m confident enough that targets have been identified and they’re just working away on it.

I think we’ll be fairly down the line with 1-2 guys already but we’re at that stage where the club can’t really come out and say anything until they officially sign. If they say that they hope to have a new signing for the weekend and then it doesn’t happen they risk annoying the fans more.

I’m confident enough that targets have been identified and they’re just working away on it.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If it had been a good team then new signings wouldn't have mattered, but it's of utmost importance because it's a bad team instead?

One of Dunfermline's panic signings capped off his debut with an OG at the weekend. Never a perfect time to throw new players in.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes, you're probably right.

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Glendinning, having just came from Hamilton, you'd think would be well aware of our squads strengths and weaknesses and the required benchmark for the Championship generally. 

16 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Glendinning, having just came from Hamilton, you'd think would be well aware of our squads strengths and weaknesses and the required benchmark for the Championship generally. 

As long as Hamilton’s shopping list for this window didn’t consist of McGinty and Salkeld 

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

As long as Hamilton’s shopping list for this window didn’t consist of McGinty and Salkeld 

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Point taken! Though if Mathie's made a huge play to get him to come to us, I would doubt his numbers would crunch that low. 😂😂

If we can keep the McGinty of the past 2 games then I honestly wouldn't swap him as he's been excellent, especially on Saturday.

He won every ball in the air, he chucked himself into blocks, he got first to the ball in a couple of our corners and he even successfully passed the ball out of defence a few times, Yes, I agree that until the Raith game he looked a complete liability, however whatever Davie White or Bully has said to him has certainly worked and if he can keep that up then we might just have a player that we didn't think was in there !!!

7 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Point taken! Though if Mathie's made a huge play to get him to come to us, I would doubt his numbers would crunch that low. 😂😂

Accies relied on youth but some of their signings were from off the beaten track.

So they might not follow a formula we are expecting.