The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Not had a chance to listen to it but do you mean he’s said he wants 3-4 bodies in however the club have told him they are looking to bring in 2-3?

Nah I would think 3 is the magic number

who knows we might end up with 4 now that Salkeld is out , but that wasn't mentioned

19 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Typical Ayr luck, 2 home games back to back with no gate revenue then they lift the restrictions.

First game with crowds back, Ayr v St Mirren, chance of a big crowd and a lot of St Mirren fans coming for a day out in Ayr

Replacement bus servIce between Paisley and Kilwinning next weekend 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

First game with crowds back, Ayr v St Mirren, chance of a big crowd and a lot of St Mirren fans coming for a day out in Ayr

Replacement bus servIce between Paisley and Kilwinning next weekend 

It's the same for the next 8 to 12 weeks, no trains to or from Ayrshire at the weekends as doing major line upgrades.

33 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's the same for the next 8 to 12 weeks, no trains to or from Ayrshire at the weekends as doing major line upgrades.

The Barrhead / Killie line is probably the better one to use then, instead of having to jump onto a bus safari around Glengarnock and Dalry. 

11 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Interview with Bullen on Graham Spiers latest podcast. 

re recruitment he says he wants 3-4 bodies in, club looking to bring in 2-3 (this window hopefully)

Would prefer permanent signings as opposed to loans. If the right type of player comes up at the right price the board would consider putting the dough up for them.

Quite enjoyed that, another well thought out interview. Hopefully we'll get Mathie on it next! 

Again Bullen coming across as very pro first team loans v academy players playing U23 football, and said alot of his U23s at Sheffield Wednesday would benefit from playing in the Scottish Championship (or at any first team level). Hopefully we might see something come of that relationship, albeit as ComradeDiego states he would prefer permanent signings. 

I know we already loan out a number of youngsters but, hopefully he'll be looking for a home for lads like Finn to gain experience this window. 
He's making all the right noises about wanting to get out there and play football where we can and despising lazy players. He's pretty pragmatic about the fact we won't win every game but instilling the confidence and motivation in the players to really have a go regardless. 

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Would you not be better just getting a supporters bus or are they not running 

Next couple of games are at home. Not sure of the script with the official supporters bus or any of the pubs. The official bus didn't run to QotS because Jamie is over in Australia and the other people who coordinate it weren't available. 

5 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Quite enjoyed that, another well thought out interview. Hopefully we'll get Mathie on it next! 

I thought Mathie had already be on Speirs podcast?

I dont subscribe to it but I think after he was appointed he was on it. I recollect a tweet from Mathie hoping to see Spiers paying in at Somerset afterwards.

Just now, Trogdor said:

I thought Mathie had already be on Speirs podcast?

I dont subscribe to it but I think after he was appointed he was on it. I recollect a tweet from Mathie hoping to see Spiers paying in at Somerset afterwards.

Thought it was only Smith so far, if Mathie has been on I'll need to look back and listen.