The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Assuming we're not going to be selling out Somerset anytime soon, I'd suggest turning up about 30 minutes before kick off and once in getting a pie and bovril before the game starts. 

Its not really that difficult. Is it perfect? Far from it. Is it worth it to get as many people in as want to go? Absolutely. 

Our forefathers made much greater sacrifices with little quibble. 

If say 1400 people turn up at 2.30 to have their vaccine passports checked I would hazard a guess that not everyone will be in by 3. And of course you will end up with people sitting / standing beside each other for a bit longer than normal. My argument is that it isn't necessary, wasn't the lower limit 10,000 previously? If it really is necessary, why aren't large indoor shopping centres included?

Our forefathers didn't have to produce a pass to get into the football, but enough of the false equivalence.

1 minute ago, RedEd said:

If say 1400 people turn up at 2.30 to have their vaccine passports checked I would hazard a guess that not everyone will be in by 3. And of course you will end up with people sitting / standing beside each other for a bit longer than normal. My argument is that it isn't necessary, wasn't the lower limit 10,000 previously? If it really is necessary, why aren't large indoor shopping centres included?

Our forefathers didn't have to produce a pass to get into the football, but enough of the false equivalence.

No they paid a far bigger price. As I said at the very start of this debate folk will always find something to complain about. 

Assuming the club open the gates soon enough, anyone not able to get themselves into a football match starting at 3pm only have themselves to blame.

52 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Probably the same group of people quick to criticise that there were restrictions in the first place will now be critical of a small inconvenience to be able to get back. 

What are you basing this on? That's a hell of a generalisation.

I have railed against nonsensical restrictions but I am happy to scan my QR code. Did so multiple times when on holiday recently.

I expect the vast majority are similar, in being opposed to arbitrary restrictions but quite happy to show their vacinne QR code or negative test. It's not a massive imposition.

Edited by Trogdor

23 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Only if your ground is all seater. It was 4,000 if you had terracing.

On top of this, vaccine passports don’t actually achieve anything in terms of making the football “safer” so people are quite entitled to complain about the pointlessness of it all. 

Aye but if it means we can get into watch matches then it’s worth doing.

The way I see it is the Scot Gov need to be seen to be doing something to ensure that football matches are safe to attend. It’s all pointless but they’ve decided that the simplest thing for everyone to do is to ask for a passport before entry to the ground. If anything it has shifted part of the responsibility from them onto the individual clubs to ensure that those entering grounds are vaccinated.

Now we can all argue whether or not this makes it any less safer or not. The bottom line is that it is a really easy thing to do so we might as well do it and pretend like it’s not an entirely pointless exercise.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Aye but if it means we can get into watch matches then it’s worth doing.

The way I see it is the Scot Gov need to be seen to be doing something to ensure that football matches are safe to attend. It’s all pointless but they’ve decided that the simplest thing for everyone to do is to ask for a passport before entry to the ground. If anything it has shifted part of the responsibility from them onto the individual clubs to ensure that those entering grounds are vaccinated.

Now we can all argue whether or not this makes it any less safer or not. The bottom line is that it is a really easy thing to do so we might as well do it and pretend like it’s not an entirely pointless exercise.

Of course, if we are forced to choose then you would put up with it to attend. 

I can’t really disagree with anything you’ve said really. 

Anyway, we can get back to thinking about what fantastic signings we’ll be making this week!

Of course, if we are forced to choose then you would put up with it to attend. 

I can’t really disagree with anything you’ve said really. 

Anyway, we can get back to thinking about what fantastic signings we’ll be making this week!

Aye I liked it better when we all argued about who we were signing.

When majority of fans turn up within 15 minutes to kick I can guarantee there will be delays and the people doing the checks will be the ones getting all the abuse 
Folk who turn up 15 minutes to kick off miss the best bit, watching folk in the SRE getting hit by wayward shots during shooting practice lol

51 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Think when you do your LFT you scan and upload it to Gov website and they email you about it being negative as far as I’m aware. 

Correct, if you can actually get the QR code on the test to scan on your phone which is usually half a battle for me....

It’s quite sad to see so many people have been conditioned to accepting everything without question regardless of how pointless it is, as long as there’s a bit of good news to go along with it.

Checking 1,000 vaccine passports so that people can stand spaced out on the terracing at Somerset is a complete waste of time.

Edit - being able to present a negative LFT as entry hammers home how pointless it all is. Anyone can register a negative test without actually taking it.

Edited by eez-eh