The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Lochwood said:

Todorov id take and he’d make a massive difference and if we’d got him initially I think we would have been a lot better, he’s not the first to snub Ayr at first approach Sir Lawrence Shankland left McCall dangling after being told where he was to go by Aberdeen, we got him after that failed.

I don’t see where Todorov would fit in the team tbh. Both Tomi and him play as the number nine, and I think Tomi is better. 

Similar to our new Manager, I'd prefer we pulled some rabbits out of the hat via unknown quantities as opposed to the "round the houses" type of Championship level player who we know everything about.

It all becomes rather tiresome when it's the same old names with the known limitations and shortcomings just going around and around and around......

I really don't get the narrative that tomi is lazy, he works his socks off every game just because he is not chasing every lost cause does not make him lazy I'd rather he scored 10+ goals using his brains than mindlessly running after every ball that was putted aimlessly by McGinty the last 3 months.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Similar to our new Manager, I'd prefer we pulled some rabbits out of the hat via unknown quantities as opposed to the "round the houses" type of Championship level player who we know everything about.

It all becomes rather tiresome when it's the same old names with the known limitations and shortcomings just going around and around and around......

I’d be happy with either a proven championship player or an unknown at this stage as we need to bolster numbers in certain areas of the squad 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’d be happy with either a proven championship player or an unknown at this stage as we need to bolster numbers in certain areas of the squad 

Yes, there's no doubt that we definitely need to get at least 3 in pretty rapidly, especially as Salkeld now out the picture also.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, there's no doubt that we definitely need to get at least 3 in pretty rapidly, especially as Salkeld now out the picture also.

Yeah - our only options for the wide positions are Maxwell, O’Connor and McKenzie, and the only options for in behind the striker are Moffat, McKenzie and O’Connor. A pretty brutal lack of options. 

Four players for three positions!

In central midfield it isn’t much better. 

Edited by No_Problemo

26 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I really don't get the narrative that tomi is lazy, he works his socks off every game just because he is not chasing every lost cause does not make him lazy I'd rather he scored 10+ goals using his brains than mindlessly running after every ball that was putted aimlessly by McGinty the last 3 months.

Agreed.   His goal v Raith was a good example - probably looked lazy in the lead up to it as instead of chasing from side to side doing doggys he just held his position in the middle, and then was in position to pounce on the mistake and go clean through to score. 

19 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Seen this email that someone received today 

looking promising 

8FA8E3CB-EF4A-43DE-9520-295DFE9912AD.jpeg

Excellent.   Home to St Mirren first game with fans then - could actually get a decent crowd for that.  It's ironic that when the cup draw was made I was pretty 'meh' about it yet now that we've had a month away from games and a new manager coming in / hub open I'm absolutely buzzing for it.  

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not sure if that’s correct as my boaster has shown on the app for a couple of months now. 

I'm the same, it appeared within about 3 or 4 days of receiving it.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Typical Ayr luck, 2 home games back to back with no gate revenue then they lift the restrictions.

I'm assuming we should be able to claim on that on pro rata type basis ??