The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Adams, Docherty, Forrest, McGuffie, Crawford, Rose, Moore and McDaid wouldn’t be far off that level. One or two  of those will prove me wrong as still young and will hit form. Difficult to tell exactly who though as many have a track record of injury or erratic form. Moffat and Geggan may also enter into that category now because of age and injuries. 

Moore has already shown he can score goals in the championship, when on loan at Cowdenbeath.

Crawford is undoubtedly good enough for the championship. While  McDaid may be up and down, over the season I'm confident he'll be a good player in the championship. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Moore has already shown he can score goals in the championship, when on loan at Cowdenbeath.

Crawford is undoubtedly good enough for the championship. While  may be up and down, over the season I'm confident he'll be a good player in the championship. 

I saw both of them last season in the championship and they didn’t really establish themselves. How many years have we been waiting for Crawford to fulfil his potential? On their day both good players but we need more who bring consistency and quality if we are to stay up this time. 

I saw both of them last season in the championship and they didn’t really establish themselves. How many years have we been waiting for Crawford to fulfil his potential? On their day both good players but we need more who bring consistency and quality if we are to stay up this time. 

Moore was injured for basically the entire season. I think I’ve blocked allot of last season from my memory - but Crawford was one of it better players. It was very difficult for any of our midfielders with nothing in front of them all season.

Of course we need to bring in some extra quality to complement them though.

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Moore was injured for basically the entire season. I think I’ve blocked allot of last season from my memory - but Crawford was one of it better players. It was very difficult for any of our midfielders with nothing in front of them all season.

Of course we need to bring in some extra quality to complement them though.

Last time around the game seemed to bypass Crawford much of the time and even Cairney offered more. Having full time training combined with a run of games should help but he also needs to be given a decent shot at playing in his best position.

10 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Last time around the game seemed to bypass Crawford much of the time and even Cairney offered more. Having full time training combined with a run of games should help but he also needs to be given a decent shot at playing in his best position.

tenor.gif?itemid=5027619

Apologies if it’s been mentioned already but we’re being linked with East Fife striker, Chris Duggan
EEC63A61-CCAB-4784-BE2D-F6D2867EEFFA.thumb.jpeg.f008e78bdd4216f3dd62125e7344e5b3.jpeg

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but couldn’t find it in any papers.

Think you’ll find a certain Ally Morrison suggested we sign him.

39 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Neither Northern Irish nor an amateur, one of his poorer shouts IMO

In fairness it wasn’t Ally who suggested him it was someone else and Ally said that was a good shout. 

55 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In fairness it wasn’t Ally who suggested him it was someone else and Ally said that was a good shout. 

See I knew it didn't quite fit.  

Duggan is one of few players who impressed this season playing against us.  Would presume he would only be coming if someone was off though. 

Not necessarily - I don’t know a huge amount about him but offers something a bit different from the others in terms of an impact sub? Certainly seems more physical than the other options.

27 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Ross County next season then, ffs man them and Inverness.

A wee bit disrespectful, they must say aw ffs every other week.