The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Between 22 months of Covid and lack of interest in going to most matches/listening to Callum it's gonna be a mighty bad habit to break chucking endless cash at Ayr again whenever they are forced to normalise outdoor crowds. 

After not being there for 16 months or whatever it was I was expecting a bit of a boom in our crowds when we were allowed back into the stadiums but it hasn’t really happend. Obviously people still wary of covid coupled with the fact we were complete muck under Hopkin. 

Fingers crossed with the new ambitious appointment of Bullen and people being more confident of getting back to ‘normal life’ we see an increase in our crowds. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

After not being there for 16 months or whatever it was I was expecting a bit of a boom in our crowds when we were allowed back into the stadiums but it hasn’t really happend. Obviously people still wary of covid coupled with the fact we were complete muck under Hopkin. 

Fingers crossed with the new ambitious appointment of Bullen and people being more confident of getting back to ‘normal life’ we see an increase in our crowds. 

I hope so too. I think Hoppyball really took its toll though. Hopefully Bullyball has the opposite effect. 

Bit late for this, how we going to urge this one on. By saying what we're eating for our evening snacks?

If I had to guess then tomorrow will be all about tickets, then we might hear about Bullen’s back room team on Wednesday and maybe a signing on Thursday/Friday.

Watch us sign nae c**t now.

Not sure Rangers offering Maxwell a contract will be any more than ensuring they are entitled to compensation when he moves on in the summer. Hard to say since he’s not played at LB for us but I don’t think he’ll ever be good enough for Rangers or Scotland so the decision for him is whether he goes for the money or regular football. Would be surprised given what he said in the article today if he signed a new contract given he’ll either end up loaned out again or kicking his heels like Kelly.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If I had to guess then tomorrow will be all about tickets, then we might hear about Bullen’s back room team on Wednesday and maybe a signing on Thursday/Friday.

Watch us sign nae c**t now.

I can see something happening from the top paragraph 

Maybe the Patterson sale has skewed their thinking, not that I'm saying he's worth anything like that but a good season here then one in the premiership next season and he could be going for low six figures. Kelly could be in the same boat so financially it's worth their while signing him up again in the short term. Be good to keep him but can't see it happening. Can't see any signings happening this week either, seems a bit too soon into his tenure. Resigned myself to the fact the only outgoings this window will be Afolabi, and even that's not a cert. Can see McGinty reverting to type as soon as the window shuts.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Maybe the Patterson sale has skewed their thinking, not that I'm saying he's worth anything like that but a good season here then one in the premiership next season and he could be going for low six figures. Kelly could be in the same boat so financially it's worth their while signing him up again in the short term. Be good to keep him but can't see it happening. Can't see any signings happening this week either, seems a bit too soon into his tenure. Resigned myself to the fact the only outgoings this window will be Afolabi, and even that's a cert. Can see McGinty reverting to type as soon as the window shuts.

Kelly potentially going to Salford this window , can’t see Maxwell leaving and be very surprised if nothing happens this week , McGinty been good last 2 games with players putting in more effort throughout the team and team moving from very defensive tactics to trying to play a more attacking formation , maybe the above is due to me looking at it positively, I tend not to look for negatives 

Edited by Finlay21

21 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Qos is great, despite the fact we have a truly awful record down there. Get Raith promoted and Dunfermline relegated. 

I like Raith (everyone I've met there seems like a good egg) and seem a similar club to Ayr in some respects. I wasn't surprised that crowds are down everywhere. It will be interesting to see how Ayr and other clubs address it.

11 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Maybe the Patterson sale has skewed their thinking, not that I'm saying he's worth anything like that but a good season here then one in the premiership next season and he could be going for low six figures. Kelly could be in the same boat so financially it's worth their while signing him up again in the short term. Be good to keep him but can't see it happening. Can't see any signings happening this week either, seems a bit too soon into his tenure. Resigned myself to the fact the only outgoings this window will be Afolabi, and even that's not a cert. Can see McGinty reverting to type as soon as the window shuts.

Rangers shitting it at the prospect of Bullyball letting us cash in £10m in 18 months for Maxwell